Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Akkon Sek

Akkon Sek

Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster Empty
PostSubject: Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster   Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Lurker for a time... thought it appropriate to do a quick meet-and-greet.

Been waiting with anticipation for the release of Battle Missions, specifically for the 'new' Kill Team rules. Needless to say those 'rules' were a severe disappointment. This was the catalyst for a rekindled interest in a decent squad-based system with opportunities for character advancement and customization. Naturally this led me back to Necromunda. Though I'd scanned the rules before, I never actually studied them with interest of playing until recently. The re-read hooked me.

Whilst scanning the internet for ever-dwindling source materials to start playing in earnest, stumbled across Death Squads. I like everything I've seen thus far, and the materials you folks have so meticulously compiled and created seem to be the natural progression of where Necromunda should be were it modernized and given the attention it deserves. A very fluid transition. Kudos.

I have every intention of following Death Squads as it evolves, and plan to start using these rules from the get-go (as opposed to migrating over as I had originally planned). I've also taken every opportunity to point people to the Death Squads community if they are interested in squad-based action (such as on BoLS here: http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=61935#post61935). In my opinion yours is a solid project and deserving of attention.

I have a blog (Rust, Dust & Ceramite) where I'll be codifying my exploits as I delve into the Underhive. Please feel free to swing by if you have some time to kill. http://ceramite.blogspot.com/

Though I likely won't have an impressive post count, I'll be lurking with extreme interest. Thank you for your efforts. I know I already appreciate them.

Regards,

-Dryw
Back to top Go down
http://ceramite.blogspot.com/
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster   Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:47 pm

Akkon

Welcome!

I just read your post on BOLS. Your comments are very kind. We are not wealthy and there is one person who harldy sleeps as he emails stuff out up until 4am. LOL. AKA Mordheimer. It has been a labor of love. It has been a very interesting journey to date with lots of fantastic accomplishments.

Mordheimer and I started on this crusade over a year ago and pick up some 40K junkies Dozer and JDk3 along the way from our local gaming store.

Then over time and powers of the Warp we managed to slave...i mean...er....mmmm....partner with many other across the globe to help it grow.

Again, we welcome you to the fold and look forward to hearing about your games.

Regards,

Da Bank
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster   Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:34 am

Welcome, welcome,

Just checked out your blog - some really nice stuff on there - will definmitely check back. You will love death squads - the narrative and RPG element of the game makes it a cut above 'regular' 40k, which despite regular protestations to the reverse seems to still err towards tournament style play (even with battle missions and planetstrike etc). While I love competition, it makes me mad Evil or Very Mad when people get so into power playing over enjoyment - which makes them losers in all respects! I'm only two games in myself but already 'Captain Gimpy' and the crew are 3D creations, not a 2D army list.

I noticed the zombies stuff - there is some interesting things with Imperial Infection elsewhere on the forum - might be worth checking out if zombies plagues are your 'thing' (We all secretly have a copy of the Zombie Survival Book - just in case Laughing )

This is the first forum I have ever joined a) because the idea and execution are superb and b)everyone is interested in helping each other, not bitching in the way 40k forums seem to go. The only solidarity ever seems to be in the modelling sections.

Anyway Enjoy
And welcome again,
Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster   Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:40 am

Akkon:

WOW! I'm moved by your post. Thanks. As noted, we are not rich but we have OCD and erratic sleep patterns! HA! You captured the essence of the project very well. I'm the story-based-motivated player, and Death Squads gives me the opportunity to create my own stories (any doubts, read my Battle Reports!) Back in the day, shortly after I learned to play Mordheim, I played Kill Team. I was excited that I could play a 40k-Mordheim-game. While I had fun, the short campaign was the origin of the Pocket Genestealers... but the game mechanics was all wrong. I was sadden that Kill-Team vanished in 5th Edition.

When this thing started (which was a horrible mistake... HA!!), to me this was about merging and updating Necromunda and Mordheim to 40k... to create what Kill-Team was supposed to be (in my Twisted Evil mind.) The Battle Missions Kill-Team is even worse that what it was in 4th Edition. I think GW is not tapping the resource as they should. Now, Death Squads is far more than updated-Necromunda and Mordheim-in-Space. Over the almost 2 years of work, we have learned about scale changes, questioning everything, and working hard to preserve the fluff that makes 40k such a great game.

The games allows you to play a single game or a campaign. A single game could be something like sending a Squad to capture a missile silo... and the player who gets it may fire it on their 40k game. A campaign game could develop the story for your army commander... back in the day, when the General was a Sergeant... It brings your army to life, making it YOURS. Laney's Varangians. He started with a cool and detailed background... after ONE game, things happened that he could not forsee that changed who the Varangians are. Now they are rich and vibrant. When he uses the Captain's model on 40k, everyone will say 'cool model' and Laney would smile and answer "Thanks... you know, every little thing on the model has a reason and a story... if you are interested..." GW makes this great stories for their heroes, but does not offer an oppostunity for players to do so. Death Squads gives you this chance. If you see around TLRB, you will see that all Squads and units contain some fluff to make the section alive. I'm particularly proud of the Gretchins (you really get a feel of how wacky and abused they are), the original Jenkala Urban Fighters (regional platoon), the Special Characters (Mathias' story is awesome!) We have taken extreme care to do lots of research on everything, to the point that I have been contributing to the Lexicanum with referenced material!

On the game mechanics side, we are VERY proud on making intelligent designs. It is not easy... some people get whacked with the newspaper (me) and other fight and argue too much and insignificant point (me). We honestly believe that EVERYONE can contribute; from finding typos and a better way to explain something (we have a ZERO FAQ policy, which means that the rules should be clear!), to more intimate Squad Testing & Design, to an advanced game mechanics and design. Anyone whiling to put the time, effort and energy can climb the ranks and contribute. Everything is valuable! Many people appreciate the attention to detail on TLRB... but is because of the MANY voices that pay attention to different little things.

Our interest is not in power gaming, but allowing players to have fun and make their own stories... promote the game, modeling, conversions and painting. We do NOT accept donations of ANY kind. If you want to give us anything, buy YOURSELF some models at your LOCAL store, play Death Squads and have a great time! Take pictures and share... I love to see other people's work!

====================== Aquila ======================
Speaking of other people's work... AWESOME blog! Loved the propaganda posters!!! cheers
Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster Theenemyislistening2 Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster Calling
We have some that we made (last summer's psychological warfare!) on this thread... feel free to adopt any for your site. The Killa-Kanz look VERY good. If you ever make a crappy looking one, that you regret building... SAVE IT! Use it as a Trash-Kan in Death Squads! After all, that is what the units are... kindda like the first attempts of Mech-Boyz that are too crappy for any 'respectable ' Ork Boss!

Well man... don't be a stranger! Anything you want to share, we will receive! If you have questions, comments and suggestions to make Death Squads a better game (there is A LOT of room for that!), we want to hear about it. Smile

Again, thanks for all your kind comments. Sorry for the long post... and don't be a stranger!

ZOMBIES RULE!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Akkon Sek

Akkon Sek

PostSubject: Re: Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster   Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Ask, and ye shall receive...

Propaganda posters you wanted, propaganda posters you shall have.

http://ceramite.blogspot.com/2010/03/signs-signs-everywhere-sign.html

Enjoy. Put them to good usage.

-Dryw
Back to top Go down
http://ceramite.blogspot.com/
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster   Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster Polski_plakat_propagandowy_1939_200
Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster Polska_zsrr_fotka%5B4%5D

Last edited by dr!zzt on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster   Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:37 pm

Hehehe... I read the post on the blog BEFORE reading here. Very nice. I like the ones from Spain... I'm from Puerto Rico and my 1st language is Spanish, so my eyes automatically diverted there. I was surprised... hehehe NICE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster   Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:44 am

I'll have to nab these posters for my new buildings! pirat

Excellent work

Laney
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster   Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short-Time Lurker, First-Time Poster
Page 1 of 1