Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from Germany

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Skraag

Skraag

Greetings from Germany Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm into wargaming for years now, almost two decades, and I regularly come to a point where I can't stand all those super-mass-army-carnage but want to play some decent scirmish games. Being a big fan of the 40K background my latest ideas centered on a mixture of Necromunda and 40K 2. Edition (the one with lots and lots of detail). And of course Space Marines.

While searching the web for some ideas, I stubbled upon this forum, read through the rules the past week and was fascinated. Almost everything I was searching for already there, blanced and ready to play. And Space Marines almost finished.

So I guess I've found my new skirmish game and here I am, eager to start my first death squad.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Welcome man! Smile

I get super happy when veteran games pick up the game and they seem generally pleased. Usually the veterans have VERY high standards and to please them takes some effort. We are not there yet, but we are working on it!

We are working on the next release of TLRB, scheduled for April 15th. It will set the stage (behind the curtains) to the inclusion of the Chaos Cultists (who are lead by a Chaos Space Marine!) and the Kroot Mercenaries fairly shortly after. Both Squads are full of fluff, and rich in details. We are not pulling any punches! After that, we will be working on the Space Marine Scouts, Rogue Traders and some other cool Squads. Each of them differently (yet balanced) so you can play until the Emperor starts walking again! Shocked

We will also be working on some rules so you can expand your games, such as the Fighting In Close Quarters (FiCQ)... you can see some GREAT examples of people already toying with the idea of using tiles as terrain. We plan to take it to a new level!

So, good things are coming... fell free to post your questions, comments, suggestions as well as your battle reports and pictures of your models! Mordheimer loves models! Anyhow... if you need anything, we aim to please!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:29 pm

Skraag

Welcome! How did you hear about us?
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:05 am

Thanks for the welcome Smile

You are right, veterans hve high standards and always know things better... But I'm not going do do everything from scratch for these 10 % of missing things when I'm happy with the other 90%. So we decided to try Death Squads in our group.

TLRB 5 only three weeks ahead sound great. I hope we manage to play one or two games before everybody stars Chaos Cultists. On the other hand, campaigning on a Demon World was one of our campaign ideas anyway.

Welcome! How did you hear about us?

Well, I found your tread in the DakkaDakka skirmish section. I don't know how widespread your game is in the german wargaming community but when I'm still here after a couple of games I will spread the word.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:29 am

Heheheh... remember that we WANT to hear of that "10% missing"... you could even help us make it a reality (once we are ready!)

Just to be clear, TLRB v0.5.0 will not include new Squads. We are fine-tuning some of the math (behind the scenes) so the Chaos Cultists (and eventually the Space Marines) can be used in Campaign mode (which is the coolest anyway!) without breaking the game.
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:03 am

I will play a few games before I come back to these "missing 10%". Maybe I won't miss them anymore by then or they are already implemented and I just haven't found them yet.

Chaos Cultists are an eagerly awaited addition to the game but for the moment the three warbands in the book (nobody around here wants to play space fairies^^) are more than enough to get startet.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:18 am

space fairies! HA!!! That is what we called jd3... until he kicked our collective butts!

Greetings from Germany Eldar
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:22 am

Very Happy

They may kick butts but they are still fairies^^
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:18 am

Skraag...maybe you could be our Death Squad Field Coordiator in Gettingen?
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:38 am

What is the job of a Field Coordinator? Spreading the word and bringing the group together to play? I have to do that anyway^^
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:48 pm

Exactly, but it sounds better. cheers
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:57 am

Hurray. Fancy titles are always great cheers
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:47 am

Glückwünsche

Ihnen ist eine Promotion dem Feldkoordinator gewährt worden. Wir freuen uns darauf, über kommende Spiele, Malerei, und battlereports zu hören.
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:13 am

Thanks fot the promotion Smile

One of our group decided to start Eldar so (unfortunately) no more jokes about Space Fairies by me. Must delegate this task to my ork mob leader.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:27 am

HAHAHAH!!!

Go ahead and tell him that even if he plays Eldar we will love him anyway... but never on the Eldar way. Just friends! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Citizen_Khaine

Citizen_Khaine

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi skraag,

go on with your fairy jokes! No problem! But no whining after I smashed you in our first game!

My Banshee Exarch will be kneeing on the chest of your defeated orcboss and play the "stop hitting yourself" game with his blue gloved fist!

Wer zuletzt lacht, ...! Very Happy

Greets
Bernhard
Back to top Go down
CaptainHonkey

CaptainHonkey

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Eldar are awsome

Greetings from Germany 85478_md-40k20Funnies20Cartoon20Hum
Back to top Go down
http://www.atlgamingarsenal.forumotion.com
Citizen_Khaine

Citizen_Khaine

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Very Happy
Good one CaptainHonkey!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 10:16 pm

hahaha! That was great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Germany   Greetings from Germany I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Germany
Page 1 of 1