Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP

Go down 
+4
Lord GreyWolf
Laney
Mordheimer
Skraag
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skraag

Skraag

Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP Empty
PostSubject: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:25 am

I started working on my Ork Mob yesterday. Most of the models are from the Black Reach Box with some older stuff from my bitz box.
All orks in the mob will get a blue glove or some other blue stuff, hence the name.

Just one picture to get me started and to keep up my motivation. Half-finished projects tend to get lost on my painting desk... Wink

Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP Orkboy01WIP
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:45 am

Nice! The WiP is VERY good so far! I like that you are 'man enough' (unlike me... I'm chicken!) to try (and succeed) with the checkered pattern. It is VERY clean and square (hard to do), yet dirty and Orkish. Superb weathering! The use of ink/washes and counter highlighting do make the model look nice.

Don't worry.. we won't let you sleep until you finish. Even if I have to get the Goettingen Mafia to knock on your door! Either that or you have to read about me whining! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:01 am

The first boy is finished, he only needs basing and a name.

It was my first try on a checkered pattern, I always wanted to paint this on orks but never came around to paint any orks. Thanks to deathsquads I can paint a small ork mob without having to build up an entire army. Smile
The pattern is not very square and even, more the contrary - but for orks it's almost perfect Wink

Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP Orkboy01front

Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP Orkboy01back
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:52 am

It's perfect... you got THAT right! No critiques from me... I like everything about it. I was a little concern about the blue element, but it came out great! The weathering on it makes it blend with the model, so it is NOT Cheese , and gives it that distinctive uniqueness you are looking for. You pulled it off! cheers

That is cool model... can't wait for the next pictures!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks for the praise Smile

I will be away from my painting desk over the weekend but some more orks are already waiting there half converted.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:28 pm

Nice work, weathered just like an ork should be.

The skin particularly caught my eye.

Would love to see your conversions.

cheers Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:40 pm

Don't you think that checkered pattern is da bomb?
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:55 am

Two moths per model... well I can live with it^^

Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP PainboyWIP1

The Painboy from the Kult of da Red Squig - always ready to help his Kustomers on the Battlefield with his handy chain-scalpel and high-precision scissors.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:09 pm

nice work!!!!

I like the checkered pattern to looks great. and the pain boyz scissors look cool to.. great work and paint job...

MORE!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
VonHagel

VonHagel

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:34 pm

The painted model looks fantastic, you are really good at blending the tones for the highlights, it doesn't go unnoticed, rest assured!

a really really good paint job, can't wait to see more.

How did you make the scissors? is a toy or did you make it out of something?
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:17 am

Thanks. It's always good to read that others appreciate the paintjobs Smile

The scissors are carved out of a piece of plasticard.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:41 am

ANOTHER great addition to Da Lucky Bluez! great job on the 'urty syringe!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:53 pm

Wow! I love them. Nice work.

I love the scissors.
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:14 am

Two painting evenings (and three weeks of awful lazyness) later Smile

Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP Painboyfertig2
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:19 am

That REALLY turned out COOL...nice choice of colors & VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:49 am

WOW! He turned out WAY better than I imagined! Great job! Thanks for posting... made the morning!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:44 pm

Nice work - good use of green stuff, followed by a quality paint job.

More pics please - I wanna see how the lucky bluez turn out.

Ta Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:57 pm

At the moment they turn out awfully slow but I will definitely finish them ... sometimes^^
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 am

Another addition to my Squad: Zipp-Ork the Burnaboy

Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP BurnaboyWIP1
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:28 am

I see a Burna Boy going for the gold! HA! He seems that he could flame out a Stompa!!!

Great job man... you get a 9 out of 10. Pick up the last point with some paint! HA! The Orks looks like he is a crazy pyromaniac! HAA! Love it! Thanks for the laugh!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:35 am

Nice work - another quality ork build - why go for a little tank when you can have a BIG one for more BURNIN' Idea

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:12 pm

ANOTHER FINE EXAMPLE of Orkytech! A very nice & creative piece; it should paint up FANTASTIC! What a Face
Back to top Go down
geekymike

geekymike

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:30 pm

maybe toss some space marine shoulder pads on him to give him a little bit more protection from his burna?
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:19 am

Protection is not orky enough to bother Very Happy Without the extra weight from the shoulder pads he can carry an additional reserve canister full of flamable liquid Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:04 am

HAHAH!!! Like a true Ork... why add weight on protection, when you can add weight for more fuel.... LOVE IT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP   Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ork Mob - Da Lucky Bluez - WIP
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next