Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moddle glue harmful to your helth?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dwi

dwi

Moddle glue harmful to your helth? Empty
PostSubject: Moddle glue harmful to your helth?   Moddle glue harmful to your helth? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:04 pm

I got a glue that said the it had a chemical in it that was known to cause cancer and berth defects later in life! affraid Shocked

My Da that ALL glues (sept the stuff you used to eat in school) are like this! Is this true?! If it is I'm getting out of the hobby!

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Moddle glue harmful to your helth?   Moddle glue harmful to your helth? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:47 pm

It is very true. Many things can cause cancer. Bacon, french fries, wood dust and tomatoes are but a few examples. However, you would have to eat tomatoes every day for several years before it actually had any effect and even then it would only increase the risk of getting cancer by 1%.
Regarding the glue you would have to inject the said chemical directly into your body in large amounts and even then it is not certain you would get cancer.
The only thing you have to worry about when using glue is the vapours. They do not cause cancer but you can get sick(not dangerously or anything) and become dizzy.

There's only very few things in our hobby that is dangerous.
Resin. Quite toxic under the right circumstances. Always wear a dustmask when filling or sawing resin.

Sprays. Spray primer can also make you sick. Always spray in a well ventilated area! I'm talking from personel experience on this one. It knocked me out for a few hours after the wind had closed a window without me noticing it.

The hobbyknife. It's sharp. Need i say more? Leave the wrist cutting to the Emo's.

The essence of my ramblings is that your health is more at risk by taking a walk in a big city and inhaling all the polution than sitting at your desk gluing little toy soldiers.

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: Moddle glue harmful to your helth?   Moddle glue harmful to your helth? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Ya thats true. But I know I don't much to look forward too in my life anyway so what the hell.

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Moddle glue harmful to your helth?   Moddle glue harmful to your helth? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:59 pm

That's the spirit Laughing
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Moddle glue harmful to your helth?   Moddle glue harmful to your helth? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:53 pm

mudboy wrote:
Sprays. Spray primer can also make you sick. Always spray in a well ventilated area! I'm talking from personel experience on this one. It knocked me out for a few hours after the wind had closed a window without me noticing it.

Not as hard as you, but I did loose my lunch last week. Moddle glue harmful to your helth? 912294
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Moddle glue harmful to your helth?   Moddle glue harmful to your helth? I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:13 pm

I've just got a nasty habit of eating my paints...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Moddle glue harmful to your helth?   Moddle glue harmful to your helth? I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Borrowing brushes... and then LICKING them. You painters... nasty bunch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moddle glue harmful to your helth?   Moddle glue harmful to your helth? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moddle glue harmful to your helth?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Other Topics :: General Interest-
Jump to: