Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) Empty
PostSubject: Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!)   Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Although she missed the release on TLRB v0.5.1b (due to MY laziness), I decided to build me a Cristina of my own! She was originally designed by the Librarian, to honor the special nurse in his life (his fiancé), then the rest of the Staff pitched in, to make her a super nice Special Character. Here is her background... expect to see her official debut on the next release of TLRB!!!

=============== Aquila ===============
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse
Life was peaceful and prosperous on Hess; the society started to have great scientific discoveries. Hess was entering their Golden Age. Particular advances in the field of general medicine proved to be a booming field of expansion, stressing among the populace the importance of not relying on the military. This fact would prove to be Hess' undoing and salvation. Cristina Rodriguez, or Musinha as her closed ones knew her, was a common nurse. She believed on the power of medicine, helping others and on the Superior Being, who was all powerful and impartial force. He was always watching over them but never interfering on the will and interests of the people.

That is... until they arrived.

From giants space fortresses the first visitors were the giants in colored armor and gleaming weaponry. With little effort they had took ownership and control of everything; the peaceful people and nations. If there had been any kind of organized defensive, the death tolls had been on the billions and the results had been the same. With disregard to everyone's desires, the visitors unified all the people under they leadership, renaming the planet Zeebius IV and the largest city as Zeebius Prime.

It took no time at all for more of them to arrive. Men and women, wearing all the type of armor and weapons. A group of women wearing white and silver-plated armor took the greatest cathedral of Zeebius Prime as her own. Millions of cybernetically lobotomized men worked until collapse to build a sumptuous golden altar. It was here that the warrior women started preaching a new and compulsory religion for Zeebius IV. Cristina learned about the Light of the Emperor and came to realize that it was Him, all the way from Sacred Terra and The Golden Throne that watched over all humanity, in every corner of the Universe. Musainha also came to realize that when there is Light, there is also Darkness. The threat of Chaos stalks us all in our day-by-day life; ominous and insidious.

The universe suddenly became a much larger place. Humans were not alone, but there was no place for the Xeno nor the Heretic. Joining a sect of the Monodominant Ordo Xenos, she managed to obtain sensitive information and the learn about the alien's behavior, physiology and anatomy. Her affairs with higher knowledge took her beyond the point of tolerance, and was sentenced to a five years Penal Legion Service branded on the left shoulder as a "Xenofilic Minor". The newly formed Imperial Guard trained every viable man for war, including the Penal Servants. She received rudimentary combat training and was shipped to another part of the galaxy to die for the Emperor in suicide raids.

Such fate did not happened. Having been a nurse, on what seemed four eternities ago, she not only managed to survive, but to thrive. It was expected that she would not only be an easy mark for the enemy, but a distraction for other men. If something she had learned, is that she would be nobody's play thing. After the first attempt to degrade her that she found her new partner, an old beat-up shotgun. Using it as a club, she cracked the skull of her assailant. She uttered passionately before the final bow, "Here... meet The Doctor. When The Doctor talks, EVERYONE listens!" She would not be ignored.

Her no-nonsense stance earned the respect of everyone on the Penal Legion. Sher cunning and survival instincts earned her a position with the Imperial Command. She was promoted to Chief Medical Officer among the Penal Servants. With The Doctor, now fully restored, by her side she assisted the Penal Servants to surpass their life expectancy of 4 hours.

After serving her full sentence, something that not many claim to do, she is now a free woman. Considered by many an outlaw, and by very few a true hero, she has become a mercenary for hire. She boasts the rank of Chief Medical Officer and is willing to join small Imperial Combat Units in short term assignments... if they can afford her price.

=============== Aquila ===============
This is the model I'm converting, based on the AT-43 Medic pack.

Here is the original model.
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurse-Original

Here she is, in the company of The Doctor.
The gun was drilled and pinned... micro pin! Her fist is so tiny,
that there is a 1mm layer of plastic between the pin ... NOTHING!
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP01
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP02
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP03
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP04

Close ups!
Notice that I also sculpted some hair with Green Stuff. I like her new hair-do better.
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP11
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP12
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP13

Cristina, fully geared for combat!
I added the backpack, so she has her sword and other stuff.
Some of the hair got covered, but that is OK.
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP05
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP06
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP07
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP08
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP09
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP10

Close ups!
I think the backpack fits her nicely.
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP14
Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) CristinaFieldNurseWiP15

Now... tomorrow to prime white. What colors should I use for her clothing? I was thinking white dress, and camo green pants with black boots. What you guys think?

Last edited by Mordheimer on Sat May 15, 2010 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!)   Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 8:46 pm

HAHAHAHA!
Mord, looks GREAT!
Even looks like the backpack she carries to the hospital!
Amazing conversion, man! She'll freak when she sees it!

I want one too! Sad
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!)   Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanks man!

Those pre-painted models are great sculpts (nice poses and general details... but the paint is just pathetic. I can't stand to see them!

I got the shotgun from jd3 like 3 months ago... and just 2 weeks ago I started the conversion. The briefcase will have the Aquila, and the nurse hat (that is so Cheese ) and shoulder pads will have the red cross. The Doctor will get a careful touch... need for the sawed-up shotgun to look good. BTW, I did sawed the shotgun and drilled the barrel holes! Attention to details. Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!)   Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Special Character: Cristina, Field Nurse (PIC HEAVY!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: