Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where are YOU located?

Go down 
+33
Laney
Brother Beetis
Don't Tread on Me
balangaz
Lazi
bossfacepunch
Lysenis
Devo88
RyanIronwolf
dono1979
Coriolan
ClausLars
DoomOnYou72
uberjeff
Balrogthebuff
zeeL
DeafNala
Sev
Daemonicus
Inferny
Arachas
dwi
G.Ras
Skraag
Kiwi
Rusty30
Da Eavy
Gatlag Stonetooth
mudboy
Librarian
The ISH
Lord GreyWolf
Mordheimer
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
balangaz

balangaz

Where are YOU located? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where are YOU located?   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Wow, l wasn't expecting anyone from Brazil, but apparently we have another one here!
Back to top Go down
Don't Tread on Me

PostSubject: Re: Where are YOU located?   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Finger Lakes region of NY now added to the map.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Where are YOU located?   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:11 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Brother Beetis

Brother Beetis

PostSubject: Re: Where are YOU located?   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 9:26 pm

Just joined and put myself on the map. Love what you guys are doing on here!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Where are YOU located?   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:45 am

Brother Beetis wrote:
Just joined and put myself on the map. Love what you guys are doing on here!

Welcome! Be sure to make an introductory post!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Where are YOU located?   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:40 pm

Also welcome - tell us a bit about yourself.

Laney
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Where are YOU located?   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 5:33 pm

Welcome aboard!
And like the guys said: please introduce yourself! Smile
Back to top Go down
spastic_colon

spastic_colon

PostSubject: Re: Where are YOU located?   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:22 pm

hello...anybody in here?

from the USVI
couldnt find the link to the super secret map.
does this mean i'm not in the club Wink
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Where are YOU located?   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:33 am

spastic_colon wrote:
hello...anybody in here?

from the USVI
couldnt find the link to the super secret map.
does this mean i'm not in the club Wink

Be sure to post a separate thread to introduce yourself!

And... colorful username. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Gonat

PostSubject: Re: Where are YOU located?   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:07 am

Maybe I'm a little slow but... I did not understand how to sign myself on the map.
Somebody can help? Pleeeese? ^___^
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: Where are YOU located?   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 9:59 pm

I've moved back to my old stomping grounds (more or less). I've fled the south and moved to Connecticut, hopefully I can get some of my old gaming friends together and manage a campaign. I know I have one interested for sure.
Back to top Go down
Stuart81

Stuart81

PostSubject: A Group of a Dozen in California   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi, Recently joined. Our group in a small 25K person community. We are in California, a hundred miles from Death Valley the split east to Ludlow and north to Las Vegas. Our group of a dozen players play a kind of "Dark Heresy"/40K codex Witchhunter RPG variation of WH40K. We take the mechanics of 40K (DS) and make it a sort of "role playing game" with additional "USR" and traits. It has worked out wonderfully and as "Gamemaster" I assist the players in designing their "Squad Leader" to embody what they imagine it can do, keeping balance and game environment/background in mind. Rather then assign a point cost we determine what would be appropriate, reasonable and probable for the character.  The players are a Acolyte or Throne Agent of the Inquisition tasked to perform certain missions (or else!-lol). They also have often a few "henchmen" to help them.

The mechanics of DS/40K make playing an Inquisitional "Kill Team" or a "Warband" or squad much easier then conventional RPGs and even Dark Heresy. 40K also makes engaging with multiple opponents so much easier then conventional RPGs. Normally the admin difficulties of keeping track of a character or opponent's status is daunting and it (IMO) distracts from expressing the narrative of what is going on in the game. With 40K mechanics I can quickly let players know what happens in a dramatic fashion.

For new players, the game is easy to learn. they find it  easy to understand the use of common 6 sided dice and the yatzhee like practice in WH40K to roll several dice and discard what dice aren't relevant. We use traits and abilities that allow full rerolls or just rerolls of "ones" and this seems to make the characters that have these abilities more interesting.

DS or these smaller tactical and narrative games are also good in that it is a wonderful gateway to larger skirmish games if the player develop an interest. At our level a player only has to be responsible for either selecting a few models to representing their group from my collection or getting/purchasing 3-4 models they like better. They aren't forming huge armies at considerable expense and they only have to worry on the dynamics of their team and how they interact with other or how they operate against certain opponents.

As characters has become more interested in the game, they become more interested in the 40K worldview and how their characters operate in it. I encourage our players to develop a "backstory" and I have used those expressions to give characters intelligence information based on what that character's background would indicate. I do what I can to keep to 40K canon but there is some small (IMO) variation to suit the needs of our adventures. In our current campaign "Squats" are prominent, and several are in the group. In delving into subterranean areas the team has battled "Skaven" who cause the same kinds of trouble they do in the classic world of Warhammer.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Where are YOU located?   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Wow... very cool Stuart81... VERY cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Oathed

Oathed

PostSubject: Re: Where are YOU located?   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 12:26 am

Arlington, VA

I highly recommend me move all of this to something less dependent on forum posts. See:

http://miniwars.co.uk/players - includes United States map of players
http://www.tabletoptournaments.net/players/country=United-States
http://boardgamegeek.com/
http://nearbygamers.com/
http://http://www.meetup.com/

That way people who don't find this forum, can still find us, and players.
Back to top Go down
http://warhammerswede.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are YOU located?   Where are YOU located? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where are YOU located?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: