Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Heresy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cody20

cody20

Dark Heresy Empty
PostSubject: Dark Heresy   Dark Heresy I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Dark Heresy Dh0110

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

I was wondering if anyone wanted to start a online campaign. The game is really fun, Its an RPG if you dont no what that is its-

In a Roleplaying Game (RPG) you create an alter ego, a fictional character like one of the heroes you've read about or seen in films. Using the game rules, you and your friends create characters and develop them as you play through a series of adventures. Imagine a group of detectives working together to solve a case or an elite team of soldiers sent into danger zones. Rather than read or watch a story you tell it.

How is the story told? How do you decide what happens? What do you do if you and your friend disagree? That's where rules come in. Roleplaying is only half of the story; the other half is the game itself. Dark Heresy presents you with the rules of the game; how to design your character, how to resolve actions and how to have fun doing so. Whilst at first there might appear to be a lot of rules, you'll soon see that the rules are actually quite simple and easy to remember. During a typical game rolling dice is used to determine the outcome of fights or other risky actions. Dice rolling adds the game playing elements to RPGs and helps prevent the outcome of actions from becoming too predictable. For example, if your character needs to jump across a rooftop, you'll roll some dice and the result will show you if they succeed or not.

Before you start playing, you and your friends will need to decide which of you will be the Game Master (GM). The GM is the referee and the lead storyteller, the person in charge of running the game. The GM presents the stories and situations, describes the setting and its denizens, and adjudicates the rules.

All of the other players take on the roles of the characters, around which the action primarily revolves. These characters are known as the Player Characters (PCs). They describe their intentions and actions to the GM, who then decides how their actions affect the plot.

Basicly you make a character by picking a home world, each home world has there own character traits/ skills/talents.

After that youll pick a career which are

Arbitrator
Assassin
Cleric
Guardsman
Imperial Psyker
Scum
Tech priest

Of course each of these have there own character traits/ skills/talents also.

then you'll pick a Imperial Divination which gives you something different.
of course you'll have to roll for your character stats

but its the same things as you'll know if your play death squads

You'll have a WS BS S T I W of course there more kinds of stats.

But your ws and bs and things like that wont be like death squads in death squads its uselly around 3 or 4 in this its around 35 or 40 number like that.

now they dont have space marines but the rumor is that the new book that's called death watch can be use in dark heresy also.

Dark Heresy Dw0110

Any way if your interested let me know and we can set up a way to play, alot of people c=play by using webcams or even Instant messaging just if you do it that way be honest what you rolled so don't cheat.

If you have any questions ask away.

Web site VVV
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=50&enmi=Dark%20Heresy
Back to top Go down
Rogal Dorn

Rogal Dorn

Dark Heresy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy   Dark Heresy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Sort of like e-mail chess like the idea in fact I suggested using Skype as a developers tool for DS in this manner as well. Do not have DH but quite sure I could locate the books.
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

Dark Heresy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy   Dark Heresy I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:21 pm

Yes you get what i mean. theres all kinds of ways to play it. As for the books i got mine at a book store called boarders. You can also try amazon.com they sell them pretty cheap used.
Back to top Go down
Rogal Dorn

Rogal Dorn

Dark Heresy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy   Dark Heresy I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 2:28 am

Was thinking more like electronic downloads bookstore isn't an option for me till I find work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Heresy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Heresy   Dark Heresy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Heresy
Page 1 of 1