Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IG and ImpRens

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:25 pm

Right as some of you may know my short IpmGuard story at Tom's is comeing a long nicely
but I thought that by playing Death Squads I could do a tie in to the story, sort of like a.... behinde the
seens part to the war for Kroniteia that will have an derect efect on the story.

I will start by talking about the ImpRens that my buddy (or me, I think that we will roll dice to deside who
plays who) will be playing (as soon as I get the parts for the minis for both sides) in the mini campaign.

The ImpRens, who I call The Brotherhood of Nodrin, (inspired by The Brotherhood of Nod in Command and
Conquer) who are a mad terrorist grupe that are experts with home made high explosive, gas and bio bombs.
Most of them are ex-Kroniteian PDF or a Scrach Milltia Grupe (SMG).

They are led be Commander Marvion, who, still loves the Emperor but thinks that the Imperium of man is now
nothing more than a cespit that is run by scum and fools and he thinks it's his job to fix it.

Enforcer Arjin, Marvion's best and longist friend and his greatist fighter, frimley thinks that Marvion's cause is just
and will anything for him to further the cause and make the Imperium a better place for man.

Sergeant Kasar is a ex-PDF sniper and training sergeant, who, is feared for his brutality to "Grox Runts" as he
calls new guys. Infact one of his "Training Exercises" to "Beef 'em Up" as he says, is to make them run a one and
a half mine three times and every time they start he bashes them with a stick till there senseless, then makes
them do the run again.

Sergeant Tharinx had been one of the few not too be in a PDF or in a SMG unit, infact he was an immunologist
and demo expert that worked with bio toxins. Now The Brotherhood's bomb and bio tech, he leads men without
fear. Constant exposure to chemicals of his trade his skin has mutated in shuch a way it is now like leather, and
due to his less that great popularity wint the law, he undergoes frequent cosmetic surgery to alter his appearance.

Father Krane is an loyal man of the Emperor, who, has been driven underground for his radical teachings or so he says.
I trunh he is a child of the great father, a man of the rot, and has slowley been manipulating The Brotherhood to Grand Pappa
Nurgle's ames without them knowing and has been doing his best too keep this hidden for the past three years.

So there you have it I will post there campaign list later

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:34 pm

The Brotherhood Of Nodrin (ImpRens)

Officers:

Commander Marvion (Comm 65 creds)
Mesh Armour 17 creds, Sword, Bolt Pistol.= 82 creds

Enforcer Arjin (Enf 45 creds)
Autopistol 2 creds, Mesh Armour 17 creds, Two-Handed Sword 36 creds
= 100 creds

Sergeant Kasar (RenStg 25 creds)
Autopistol 2 creds, Sword 12 creds, Mesh Armour 17 creds = 56 creds

Sergeant Tharinx (RenStg 25 creds)
Autopistol 2 creds, Sword 12 creds, Mesh Armour 17 creds, Mutated Hide 30 creds
= 86 creds

Father Krane (ApoPre 38 creds)
Autopistol 2 creds, Sword 12 creds, Mesh Armour 17 creds= 69 creds

Total officers pts: 393 creds

Recruits:

Militaman Farnus (Mil 22 creds)
Autogun 10 creds = 32 creds

Militaman Tarn (Mil 22 creds)
Autogun 10 creds= 32creds

Militaman Gren (Mil 22 creds)
Autogun 10 creds= 32 creds

Heavy Militaman Berk (HWS 30 creds)
Toxin Gun (ats as flamer) 20creds= 50 creds

Grug (Ren Ogryn 95 creds)
Ripper Gun 22 creds= 117creds

Total Recruit pts: 263 creds

Total pts for Officers and Recruits: 656 creds

Total pst left over: 44 creds

So there you go, any thoughts or ideas on this list?

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:18 am

In my experience.....you would be better of spending the extra points spent on the Ogryn on either more recruits, or pumping up you mutants. Those mutants, with the correct mutations, can be just as tough, if not tougher than the Ogryn, AND they gain experince faster, as well as pick up new skills.

The Ogryn should really be a unit that you get at the absolute last, just to have an extra kick towards the end of a campaign. When I wrote up my squad, I had a close combat monster of a mutant (daemonic spirit, extra head, and mutated hide) and a sniper mutant (bulging eyes with mutated hide). Granted this was after a couple of games but the mutant is really what this squad is about. My starting squad had 12 guys, the mutants had at least one mutation each, plus extra equipment for all my officers.

I also bought a crap load of shotguns (back in campaign 3.0, they didnt have a rarity involved) and patented DoZer's Shotgun shuffle. Hence why they have a rarity of 7 now...... But it is much much more effective weapon than the autogun, especially for your recruits. You won't be keeping your recruits standing still very often, and since they are an assualt weapon there is not a -1 to-hit modifier for moving. Plus you have the added bonus, if your target is on an elevated position, that he will fall of a ledge and die.

Also don't count out a worker based on the low stats. I have seen gretchins bring down Eldar close combat monsters, and my workers have killed there fair share of Officers. Remember all it takes is a to-wound roll of a 6, and you can do some pretty massive damage.

Last edited by DoZer on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 2:10 pm

Ya I know but I am a fluff over the "I have the bigist warband so there for I will win" thought and the Ogryn gos with the squads background don't you think? But I will add some workers like you said I had forgot that even the small guys can do a somewhat good job.

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 2:39 pm

First of all... WOW!!! affraid

Your background story really captures the spirit of the Imperial Renegades! Smile For what I gather, The Brotherhood of Nodrin has the 'right' intentions, but their 'execution' is doomed. They beleive that the Imperium is now a mockery of what they stood up, and are looking to change it... they are not 'evil' or 'chaotic'... they are just fanatical. That will lead them to fall into the 'temptation' of Chaos... and they may become Agents of Chaos if their leaders succumb to temptation. Your story is a great tale on the making! You MUST let us know how the campaign goes (once you start!)

On your Squad info...
The list seems fine to me... as it is based on fluff, but I would 'recruit' the Ogryn later on. It is an imposing figure, but I think it would make a greater impact (pun!) to the story if he is 'converted' later (game 3 or 4).
Your Renegades WILL make money, as long as the Leader stays OK (not OOA)... so it is critical that you have some fodder. Do not under-estimate the Workers. Use some of those extra points and get yourself some Workers. They are cheap enough that if you loose them you won't cry, and in 2 games they get an advancement! If it were me, I would drop the Ogryn, get me 3 Workers and save the rest of the cash. This will increase the Squad size to 12; rout from 2 models to 3... big difference. By game 3, I would get a fully Armored and Equipped Ogryn... it will take the Imperials by force!

The Shotgun Shuffle
The Shotgun Shuffle is, without a single doubt, THE most annoying thing in Death Squads! I had the honor of being the first victim, as well as the main target for Dozer shuffling! Evil or Very Mad What is the Shotgun Shuffle? So simple, that it hurts! If you wound with at least one of the two hits a shotgun could do, the victim (regardless of a successful Save) is moved (shuffled) 1" in a random direction. The obvious danger is if you are within 1" of an edge... but Dozer's plan was trully evil... I mean... he went and made out with Slaanesh for this one! If the victim is just out of range out of a shooter, a lucky shuffle (... maybe that was part of Dozer's adventure on the dark side... ) could move the victim within range.

Dozer had a fire-line of 6 guys. The 1st one was at 12"... so others were out of range. Lucky me, they all had shotguns. What followed was a conga-line of doom... they all managed to shoot, killing my Officer. Same thing happened to my Boyz, Gretchins and countless guys. I mean... seeing my guys bodies bounce like ping-pongs was the best way to reduce the pain of their deaths!

Hey Dozer... maybe (if you feel creative) you could make one of those little-pretty drawings and put it on the tactics section. I still hurt for that one... Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DoZer

DoZer

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 2:52 pm

I can respect the fluff over the mathammmer.

Have fun and let us know how it goes!!

When is your first game?

P.S. Keep an eye out in the tactics section for the Shotgun Shuffle.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 3:34 pm

SURPRISE... it's the Shotgun Shuffle! Twisted Evil

IG and ImpRens 110-shotgun-lg
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:28 am

Ya they are going to go somewhat evil not chaos evil but just anuf to let a little Nurgleniss seep in. As for my frist game that will be comeing... well as soon as I can get some autoguns and pistols. Maybe I can get some from forge world for xmas heres hopein!

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:37 am

Did you saw Dozer's Renegades? Forgeworld models... REALLY COOL! Cool
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Ah well bad news. NO AOUTO GUNS! But money in may part of the world is very tight right now so.....
Anyway I'm working on my covert op IG squad I'll keep ya posted

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:52 am

Sounds good
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:46 am

As it stands now I am going Jungle Fighters for my ImG squad sorry to steal your squad Mord Just Kidding

So far I have the Liuetenant and medic half done I will keep you posted

Of course they will have better guns than the Brotherhood and such but still think the Brother hood will be a strong contender

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:21 pm

LOL! Not stealing a Squad... but making them your very own! Wink I'm looking forward to see the models.
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:45 am

Ok yet again a squad change lol. Going with the Jenkala city fighters. I have Mr. "Silent Death" and the normal sniper done almost done. As soon as I bother get my lazey ass on pohtobucket (yes I think I figgerd it out) I will post some pics.
I just need some Cadian bits and should be good to go on them they won't have a much armour as the normal Jenkalans as they have to move around more I have back packs, bed rolls, cantens, knifes, back up weapons and all that on the sniper and "Silent Death" and a bit ofd a paint sceam teaser, the las guns are going to be tan and bolt gun metal. I will have the army list up soon

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:57 pm

Hit a snag AGAIN! As now I have some how found my self workong on 3 IG armys!
Wtf? So as you can tell I am short on parts otherwise I am at the same spot I was befor. I am now reworking the ImpRens list so I will post that tonight
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:16 am

The new ImpRens list. Yes I got the workers this time IG and ImpRens Icon_razz . Gotta say that this maybe the one we use. Tell me what you think. Oh and is my math right?

The Bortherhood of Nodrin
Officers:

Commander Marvion 65creds
Mesh Armour 17creds, CKnife, Sword, Boltpistol, FragG 8creds.=90creds

Enforcer Arjin 45creds
Mesh Armour 17creds, Autopistol 2creds, Cknife, Club 12 creds, FragG 8creds.=84creds

Sergeant Kasar 25creds
Autogun 10creds, Mesh Armour 17creds, Bulging Eyes 20creds, CKnife, FragG 8creds.=80creds

Sergeant Tharinx 25creds
Autogun 10creds, Mesh Armour 17creds, Mutated Hide 30creds, Cknife, FragG 8creds.=90creds

Father Krane 35creds
Autopistol 2creds, Mesh Armour 17creds, Sword 12creds, CKnife, FragG 8creds.=77creds

Overall:421creds

Recruits:

Milltaman Farnus 22creds
Autogun 10creds.=-32creds

Milltaman Tarn 22creds
Autogun 10creds.=32creds

Heavy Milltaman Berk 30creds
Toxingun (flamer) 20creds.=50creds

Heavy Milltaman Gren 30creds
Toxingun (flamer) 20creds, Autopistol 2 creds.=52creds

Grug IROgryn 95creds

Hector 15creds
Autopistol 2creds.=17creds

Blen 15creds

Otto 15creds

Olin 15creds
Autopistol 2creds=17creds

Overall:329creds

Stash:0

IG and ImpRens 584330 dwi IG and ImpRens 584330

Last edited by dwi on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:50 am

List looks good... but I don't think you can start with a shotgun (Rare 7) or a Buzz Saw (rare 5). You gotta earn those baby!

NINJA DESIGN... making players struggle to make the 'Perfect Squad', only to frustrate them at the end!

Don't worry... after a game, you will get the Ogryn to advance, by getting him the Buzz Saw and maybe a Kurzickan Helmet.
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:04 am

True, however I don't think my buddy would care. Heh knowing him (blood for metal if you wanna know his nick name) would take 5 rares or something. Besides telling him he can't get (fluffy) things above rare 4 would make him go in to a rage and most likeley make his head expload in anger, no joke. Sorry if that dose not seem right to you, but thats the way it is.

Aquila dwi Aquila

Last edited by dwi on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:09 am

And I'm a fluff nazi so.....

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:15 am

Oh and it seems to me that a well made band like the Brotherhood would have at least ONE shotgun

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:01 am

Hehehe... up to you guys. Whatever makes you happy. Just telling you... you will miss on the advancement processes. If it makes you happy, it makes me TWICE as happy! Very Happy

Space Marine Dance!
Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Hummm maybe I should take out the shotgun? I could take another worker. Ya I'm am going to do that. Is my math right? I mean I should have 17 or whatever creds leftover

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Ok so it's 8 creds left over I think. Now I gotta do the mutant rolls Roll D6 Roll D6 and we will se how many guys I have at the end. Why? If I recall you have to do this at recutement right? Heres hopen Just Kidding

(EDIT: I mean the will not work for chaos roll)

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:01 pm

dwi: Few things. Remember that the IR get a 50 credit bonus (its one of the Commander's Special Rules.) Use them or loose them. Get a grenade! Smile

Also, you do NOT have to roll for mutations. You can choose the mutations you want and pay their price. I mentioned this on Lord GreyWolf post. After the campaign starts, if you want a mutation, you have to roll a Skill on advancement, randomly determine the mutation and pay the appropriate price. You are at the mercy of the Dark Gods... Twisted Evil

Last but no least, make sure you don't double or triple post. Just edit your last entry. This way it is easier to read. Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Ok, took two Frags one for Tharinx and one for Kasar. Going to keep the last 42creds for later. Hey you never know Just Kidding

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IG and ImpRens Empty
PostSubject: Re: IG and ImpRens   IG and ImpRens I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IG and ImpRens
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Campaigns & Battle Reports-
Jump to: