Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DoZer

DoZer

TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle Empty
PostSubject: TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle   TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 3:43 pm

Well, this came about after the creation of a very.....significant special rule for, or course, the shotgun.

The shotgun allows you to have 2 shots at a 12" range, but it allows you to roll a scatter die after wounding for random direction and a distance of 1". After much thought, I choose a tactic that would "allow" (quoted because it IS random......or is it.....) you to bounce your target down a long range of guns, whilst only exposing the front model to return fire from other enemy models.

Now keep in mind the following tactics should only be attempted after much pleading and sacrificing to the dice gods.

So what you do is literally create a line which your target can "bounce" down. It should look something like this:

TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle Docume13

So what you basically have here is that Friendly A has range to the target, whereas B C D E do not.

You attempt to shoot, and hit, and wound, now you get the shuffle. The ideal Shotgun Shuffle is this:

TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle Docume14

Friendly A shoots, wounds, and shuffles into B's range. B shoots, wounds, and shuffles into C's range. So on so forth.

You can also attempt a slightly more advanced approach. Say that all game you cannot roll an OOA on the wounded chart, so you need to get your target down on the ground and in range of your Close Combat monster to take him out effectively. See below:

TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle Docume15

Friendly A shoots, wounds and shuffles down into B and C's range. B and C shuffle him into E's range, and E shuffles him into charge range of D, the close combat monster. Now keep in mind that this is a huge risk, and would probably use almost half of your squad to accomplish this, but it is a good tactic to pick apart an enemy's Officer class one by one, or at an Ogryn for example who has multiple wounds.

Last edited by Mordheimer on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:26 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and Grammatical Errors)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle   TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Shotgun Shuffle FOR CLOSE COMBAT!?!

You are right that is a risky move (as you have to Declare a Charge before shooting!), but it a great way to insure you are within range. You, my friend, are a sick man... very sick. Crying or Very sad

[irony]I can't wait to get pounded by this thing... again![/irony]
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle   TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:37 am

"I can't wait to get pounded by this thing... again" Wtf??????? If you can't wait then you have a very sick sence of fun my friend! Anyway, good trick DoZer I might just try it myself, thanks! Smile

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle   TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:36 am

LOL Dozer is right... you do need some luck to pull it off. Dozer can NOT roll a Roll 6 to save his life... except when he is playing me AND doing a Shotgun Shuffle... if he ever writes a book, all of the 4,951,207 occasions he has attempted (and done it) has been again me. Well... maybe not 4+ millions, but sure it feels like it!

I remember [irony]fondly[/irony] the time I set a perfect trap to get me a couple of Officer kills (OOA) and experience for one of my 'Ard Boyz (Officer). I put two Gretchins in the open and a 'Ard Boy the corner of a building (with Cover.) The bad-ass Officers HAD to shoot the closest targets (Gretchins)... perfect plan! Unfortunately for me, a stupid Worker armed with (you guess it) a shotgun shot my 'Ard Boy in the back (he had a clean shot!)... he was pushed in front of the Gretchins.... KNOCKED DOWN! His mutants made a party.

Sure... I laughed for 20 minutes. My good humor came to a halt when my Officer became Stupid! Suspect Nothing like having your opponent feel so guilty of his great strategy and dumb luck combo as to have him ask you not to county the injury. Just Kidding We did count it... but everytime I saw his workers I ran for the hills!
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle   TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:13 am

Ah yes.....your stupid officer...... Man did he add comic relief to every game you played afterwards though! I remember the he had an effinity to run at walls and stare at them for long periods of time.....

But yes, never underestimate that power of a worker with a shotgun!!
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle   TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 4:35 am

Shot guns sound like alot fo fun. this will help me get to grips with creating the Adeptus Arbites shot gun squad..... Dreadnought

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
pathfinder dubstyles

PostSubject: Re: TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle   TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:03 pm

No offense but this is ridiculous!

In this topic DoZer talks about this tactic as the reason shotguns are rare 7, and Mordheimer states it is the most annoying thing about Death Squads.

In my opinion, if it is annoying, unrealistic, and not very fun for the recipient of the tactic, the rule should be changed. Making shotguns as rare as a chainswords and bolt pistols is the backwards way of fixing the issue in my opinion.

Why not limit this to standing models only, or once per turn only, or directly back instead of random direction, or replace it with a -1 to initiative for falling tests. These are many ways to make this tactic nonviable without making one of the most common firearms in the world (real world that is) a rare item!
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle   TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:27 pm

I have an problem with this as well take a look at the rareness post in the ruels thingy. Ans two pukes to sombody being on my side Puke Puke

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle   TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:33 pm

LOL! I say they are annoying because I was at the receiving end... and I have not been able to pull it off myself (horrible dice rolls) and I'm rotting with envy! Don't confuse my poor attempts to messing with Dozer with unfairness. We BOTH laughed alot... I even took pictures of my Orks and Gretchins do the 'orgy of death'... the level of casualties was not that impressive, but it almost always took me by surprise, which in turn made us laugh at my silly attempts of 'tactical mastery'. Hehehe... I'm such a dork!

In terms of rarity, the concept encompasses many aspects. Among them are game balancing issues. Rarity helps to manipulate costs and availability of certain items. In 40k, shotguns are not very common... not as effective as Bolters, harder to make than lasguns. For our scale, the shotgun does offer a nice detail that is lost on a larger scale; just like jumping down on an enemy from a 2nd floor. Honestly, I do not know the 'point' of a shotgun in 40k... give the Scout a Bolter!

The shotgun-shuffle can be neutralized with good tactics (I lack ALL tactical skills!), and generally is not very effective... but it is rather cool when you shot a 'sniper' on the 2nd floor window! It is 25% that the victim is pushed towards the window and then he would have to fail his Initiative Test.

The Shotgun has been tested (in theory and practical terms) and deemed not game-changing... but is a hoot when anyone uses it, regardless who pulls the trigger. Mark my words... that stinky Plague Marine that Dozer uses now will DANCE at the power of my Holy Imperial Buckshots!

dwi: You hate all rare items anyways! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle   TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Feth you clever-ass! Your a real joker! HAHA! Just Kidding

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle   TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TACTIC: The Shotgun Shuffle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Squad Lists, Tactics & Strategies-
Jump to: