Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!

Go down 
+3
Mordheimer
Major Sturmm
Arachas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Arachas

Arachas

Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! Empty
PostSubject: Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!   Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:37 am

My fifth game of Death Squads and this against an entirely new opponent: Imperial Renegades!

The fun started again during my opponent's unpacking of his models (dude, post here, so I can name you Wink). Apparantly IR weapons & equipment are dirt cheap (fourteen points for the leader's carapace armour? Wtf?), not to mention they get to take a ton of models. My already mauled squad of 10 would be facing... fifteen Renegades, INCLUDING an Ogre! Ok, fair enough, several of the troopers were clearly designated as 'meatbags' or 'cannon fodder'. Still... I had my work cut out for me.

As you’ll be able to judge from the pics, none of my friend's models has any reservations about working for chaos. His workers are quite mutated already. The ‘will not work for chaos’ rolls should be totally funny, should they occur in the postgame (instead of bickering about allegiances, they’ll just be jealous of each other’s mutations...”Why did YOU get the third arm, eh?”)

Before I move on, a small warning: this was my first game without Prius and his Mega-Camera of Awesomeness +3. Hence the picture quality will be a little less than before. My apologies!

Trying to get my friend familiar with the rules I opted to play a scenario I already knew (and had enjoyed before!): Valkyrie Down. In this case, a sexy downed Ultramarine skimmer made by our Renegade player.

Our initial table setup, with my friend dodging for the camera and my bed in the background (I live in a one-room apartment - I know, I want to move, too). We designated as objective buildings the sand-coloured ruin on the right, the ruin between the trees and the craters to the north and the ruin with the tent on the south:
Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! DSCF2867

As per the scenario instructions, the defenders deployed first:
Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! DSCF2870

As you can see in the background his scattered units ended up quite fortunate: inside two of the three objective buildings AND in cover!
Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! DSCF2869

I deployed on the western edge of the board, near the ruin with the tent in the south and in the forest to the north.
Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! DSCF2873

Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! 2010-10-13124630

Turn 1
Wanting to get those juicy objective buildings into his hands while they were still hot, Captain Aetos advanced his men into the north into the building there, while moving the other group through the south objective building... in the south (nice sentence). Initial shooting saw one of the Harakoni recruits take out Renegade Sergeant Bilko (who recognizes him?).

In turn the Renegades responded by getting in positions to counterassault and taking cover.

The Harakoni move up to take control of the northern objective building:
Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! 2010-10-13125748-1

The Regenades move to intercept them:
Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! 2010-10-13131614-1

The southern Harakoni group moving through the ruins, with the Renegade counterassault moving up.
Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! 2010-10-13130505

Turn 2
With the sea of traitor scum closing in on them, the Harakoni took cover in the ruins and started blasting away, but their shooting proved ineffective.

The Sturmm Renegades, on the other hand, starting housecleaning in the southern ruin, one of the troopers showing how wielding a shotgun is not done. He started cracking off shots at leading Harakoni Lieutenant, who deftly danced past all the shots (mwuahaha! I didn’t forget my Dodge this time!). The by now customary ‘Roasting of the Medic’ followed shortly: the sucker was again too far up front and took a mouthful of Promethium, out of action!

The Harakoni in defensive position (the medic had already been reduced to ashes when I took this picture):
Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! 2010-10-13134232

The confrontation in the north is shaping up:
Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! 2010-10-13134250-1

Turn 3
Now really needing to put some traitor scum down, the Harakoni once again opened fire. To no effect (I rolled six 1’s to-wound this turn! SIX! That’s insane by any standard!).

One of the Harakoni sergeants in the north, quietly noting that his squad’s shooting was being ineffective, had already declared a charge and now decided to make Renegade Paté, chopping up a shotgun-wielding trooper (stun with sword, finish with combat knife - very cinematic!).

Numbers started to count, though. The Ogryn blasted one of the Harakoni Lieutenants off his socks, while in the south the two (yes, two - purge the loyalists?) traitor flamers started flushing out the Harakoni troopers.

The Harakoni sarge going Rambo:
Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! 2010-10-13134316

The result of the Renegade BBQ (and a general impression of my feeling about the game):
Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! 2010-10-13140348

Turn 4
THE GAME IS CURSED! The Harakoni just cannot not score a wound. Hitting? No problem, but actually killing something? Nahh... we don’t do that! Alright, except for the gung-ho sarge. He chalked up another one.

Wounding and scoring criticals turned to be a Renegade speciality, though! With three wounds to the chest, the second Harakoni Lieutenant in the southern ruin fell (having run out of Matrix-like dodge moves, apparantly), one of the pistol troopers gleefully reloading as he watched his opponent die (though in all fairness, the Renegades did roll a considerable amount of 1’s, as well - I just rolled far more).

As a final piece-de-resistance, the Ogryn (aptly named ‘Tiny’) ended the Harakoni sarge’s killing spree by playfully clubbing him to death in close combat (“Wot? He no move no more! NO FUN! FIGHT BACK!”).

Final flight of the Sparrow:
Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! 2010-10-13135734

Which is ended with the themesong ‘Clubbed to Death’ playing in the background:
Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! 2010-10-13140811-1

Down to four guys, Captain Aetos (who actually fired a weapon this game!) decided that discretion was the better part of valour and forfeited the battle to the enemy! I really saw no other way to finish this, other than utter defeat!

Post-battle Sequence
Well, at least in games like DS the post-battle sequence is often kind to those soundly defeated.

But not this time!

I lost my medic, my flamer AND a recruit, permanently. The Lieutenant with the bionic arm took... another arm wound! He shrugged it off this time, though (he’d better, with a freakin’ piece of Ahh-nuld attached to him). One of the sergeants lost an eye...

The income phase did some good as I got over a hundred credits... but I’m going to reconsider continuing this squad.

Our treacherous Renegades did far better, I thought: but perhaps my friend is willing to comment on that himself, no?

I hope you enjoyed this battlereport! Look out for the next one, hopefully soon...

Last edited by Arachas on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Major Sturmm

Major Sturmm

PostSubject: Death Squad Sturmm   Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:53 am

Aaah yes ... Arachas ... Fleeing the battlefield trying to find a place to hide.

I enjoyed every minute of this game. Although in the beginning I was the one ending up with the dead workers (meatheads). But Major Crilles Sturmm soon kicked some Harakoni behinds. I just love a good BBQ! Well the pictures and the report are pretty accurate about the events except for the fact it was not a tactical retreat my dear Arachas, eh? We will meet again I'm sure: nobody escapes Death Squad Sturmm. Untill then.

Guys, this is a great game! Keep it up!!!!! As will I (I hope).
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!   Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:03 am

Typhus... a fitting name, my smelly teacher...

Herald of Nurgle!

Edit: and a fitting picture, I see.... holy cow!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!   Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:59 am

SUPERB battle report... VERY cool pictures!

@ Arachas: What a bunch of bad luck man! SIX Roll 1 's in a row? WOW! You and Dozer are king of crappy rolling. Heheheh... Nice table too! You should experiment with more terrain (buildings with multiple levels and bridges connecting them) so you 'move' the game to a new dimension (3D!)... BAD PUN! It changes the game's dynamics.

The IR has slightly cheaper gear... I do not have my TLRB with me, but I don't think the Carapace is supposed to be 14 credits. I do NOT remember, but I don't think the Commander can get stuff at 50% off... also, I do not know if you can start with shotguns (not sure). Then again, the Renegades are not to be trusted to follow the rules! Just Kidding

@ Typhus: Welcome! Great game. Feel free to drop by the Welcome Matt and introduce yourself... and post pictures of your Renegades. Ubber cool models man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!   Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:07 am

That's it! Shotguns are rare 7! I don't think IR can get those at first, can they? OMG! Rifle

And I checked: the carapace is 14 credits, leader only. Flak only 17. INSANELY cheap. Something for TLRB v0.6? Wink

Last edited by Arachas on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Major Sturmm

Major Sturmm

PostSubject: Re: Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!   Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:36 am

Hi there Mordheimer and Arachas,

What rules?! Sturmm rules! ;-)

Well, in the version of my TLRB it clearly says 14 credits for Carapace Armor ... and don't you dare messing around with that!!!! Okay, I'll download the latest version ...

Arachas: you may be right about the Shotguns, but then again: I honestly found them in our storage shed. And I hate let anything go to waste. Except Harakoni of course ... Also: did they actually harm you? :-)

I will post some pics of my "trusted" models in time. Thanks for the comment on the models!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!   Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:42 am

I'm pretty sure your version of the rulebook is the most current one. So it's either a mistake or something that needs to be fixed in the new edition.

About the shotguns: which part of the housecleaning did you not get? Your shotguns rocked... ;D And the silly part is... Prius pulled the same thing in the first game and I let it happen again! Little Frustrated
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!   Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Another genius report! Great job!

Those renegades are clearly not to be trusted!. Arachas - I feel your pain with all those rolls, except with me it was criticals Roll 6 and OOA rolls all the way (just not for me!) Unfortunately the rematch with Way of the warrior had to be postponed due to an important meeting at school (boo!)

Keep going with the Harakoni - their story is just beginning and they should be underdogs soon. A couple of cagey games a few lucky rolls and you'll be back in it with a squad of great character!

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!   Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:48 pm

loved it loved it loved it and yeah that was a shame but i still will be undefeated in battle and shall clear the galaxy and reclaim what was truley ours (eldar) the whole galaxy
mwuahahahaha
w-o-t-w
Back to top Go down
Major Sturmm

Major Sturmm

PostSubject: Re: Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!   Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Well well well, all Harakoni huggers eh? Trust (?) me guys. Usually Arachas is the one doing all the killing in all of our games. So don't feel too sorry for him. He had it coming a loooooong time. Glad you loved the report. It's fun fun fun!

Now, I'm curious about that Colonel Prius ... I hear he carries some fine weaponry. I'll invite him for a BBQ and let him bring the meat...

Come with me to the Dark Side and together we shall rule the galaxy ... (ehm ... where did I hear that one before?)

Ciao babes! Yours truly. Major Sturmm
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!   Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 6:53 pm

Arachas wrote:
That's it! Shotguns are rare 7! I don't think IR can get those at first, can they? OMG! Rifle
No they can NOT buy them upon recruitment.

Arachas wrote:
And I checked: the carapace is 14 credits, leader only. Flak only 17. INSANELY cheap.
Did you happened to miss that it is Rare 8? So the Commander can NOT start with it either! Hhehehe... It is 'insanely' cheap because it is 'insanely' rare. Moral of the story... check on Rarity.

Major Sturmm wrote:
Well, in the version of my TLRB it clearly says 14 credits for Carapace Armor ...
Yes... but it also says RARE 8. Just Kidding

Major Sturmm wrote:
... and don't you dare messing around with that!!!!
SIR, NO MESSING WITH ANYTHING, SIR!!! Salute

Major Sturmm wrote:
Okay, I'll download the latest version ...
Sorry... TLRB v0.6.0 is not out yet. There will be an announcement once it is out. Meanwhile, 'enjoy' the errors! Just Kidding

Major Sturmm wrote:
Arachas: you may be right about the Shotguns, but then again: I honestly found them in our storage shed. And I hate let anything go to waste. Except Harakoni of course ... Also: did they actually harm you? :-)
Hmmm... I though it was ME who pointed out about the Shotguns... but what do I know. Very Happy

Major Sturmm wrote:
Arachas: I will post some pics of my "trusted" models in time. Thanks for the comment on the models!
In time?!?! You are killing me man!!

Arachas wrote:
I'm pretty sure your version of the rulebook is the most current one. So it's either a mistake or something that needs to be fixed in the new edition.
Simple human error... some people may miss the rule about only able to buy Rare 5 or less items upon initial Squad setup. Wink

Arachas wrote:
About the shotguns: which part of the housecleaning did you not get? Your shotguns rocked... ;D And the silly part is... Prius pulled the same thing in the first game and I let it happen again! Little Frustrated
Dozer pointed at this the best... The Shotgun Shuffle!

Major Sturmm wrote:
Well well well, all Harakoni huggers eh?
I'm behind the RENEGADES this time! Muahhahaha... I spend too much time chatting with Arachas... and since you are a noob, you get to cheat bend the rules all you can. GO Chaos !!!

Major Sturmm wrote:
Now, I'm curious about that Colonel Prius ... I hear he carries some fine weaponry. I'll invite him for a BBQ and let him bring the meat...
YUM! You know, I eat 3 times a day... you better get busy ROASTING!!!

Major Sturmm wrote:
Come with me to the Dark Side ...
Only if you have cookies, man... only if you have 'em.

ANYHOW... awesome game, even better rivalries! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!   Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:32 pm

Nice work. I love the pics and the banter. Great work!
Back to top Go down
Weird WWII

Weird WWII

PostSubject: Re: Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!   Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Looks like you need to add a SAW to your crew. Lay down that suppressive fire and keep them charging monsters from moving forward. Them GL the suppressed, in cover or not, and just wait for the bloody chunks to fly!Wink

Great minis and terrain,
Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.weirdwwii.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!   Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harakoni vs. Sturmm Renegades - WILL work for Chaos!
Page 1 of 1