Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inquisitor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Arachas

Arachas

Inquisitor Empty
PostSubject: Inquisitor   Inquisitor I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:52 am

Who plays it? What's it like? And should we play it, too?
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

Inquisitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor   Inquisitor I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:03 am

I suggest you check out Dark Magenta webzine for a couple of battle reports and some ideas.

I haven't played the game but it does seem quite good. Much smaller scale than DS, around 4 models a 'side'. It is also much less competitively designed - no cost mechanism or limitations on your 'team'. This means it is much more reliant on player competence and goodwill, so didn't really mesh with the Warhammer 40k vibe of competitive tournaments, cut-throat powergaming, etc. (Me, ranting? Never.)

I'd suggest you give it a go using 28mm models (usual scale is 54mm, but since DS / Warhammer is 28...) and see how you go. Don't play to win, play for an awesome story, take time to talk over what is going on. Play it as a role-play game with models, rather than a wargame.

My (uninformed) opinion. Let us know how it went.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

Inquisitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor   Inquisitor I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:48 pm

I've painted a bunch of the Inquisitor minis for one of my Pigeons/customers; They are quite nice no-so-minis. Having started my gaming life in a time when 54mm minis were about all that was available, I can attest that it is a ridiculous scale to game in...even with a few minis.
I got to watch the game being played with surrogate 28mm pieces &, as jammydodger says, it's much more of a R.P.G. than a war game. It actually looked pretty cool. If G.W. had used their 28's from Necromunda & 40K the game might still be cooking on a more visible level. Suspect
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

Inquisitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor   Inquisitor I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Ive played it a few times using 28mm minis. As Deaf said its more of throwback to some of the games in the 80s (Lots of detail, modifiers, and rules almost like an RPG- Anyone remember Pheonix Command rules Rolling Eyes ). It is fun though...if you have the right group of players. My suggestion is to try it once or twice because it is tada FREE.

Deaf I doubt that GW will ever release a skirmish game again that competes with the big 2. They are more interested in moving models and low fig count games dont figure into the current business model at this time. Note Im not bashing GW they are a business out to make money and I totally understand the reasoning behind this.
Back to top Go down
http://doomiesden.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Inquisitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inquisitor   Inquisitor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inquisitor
Page 1 of 1