The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!
HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

edwards Orkz WIP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: edwards Orkz WIP   Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:15 pm][/url
some WIP orks

Sneaky boss][/url

Ard boy..hopefully he'll get a heavy shoota][/url
weird boy][/url
pain boy

i'll base them shortly but any CC will be appericated

and coming soon......trash kan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: edwards Orkz WIP   Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:24 am

Nice use of parts on these guys (particularly the marauder cloak on the painboy - perfect). My favourite model is the sneaky boss, good conversion on the kustom shoota and he has a real 'mordian' look - given your last squad I'm thinking this was intentional. On the constructive criticism side - the weirdboy needs a little more 'weirdness' about him - more psychic gubbins, the skin looks a touch flat - a wash into the recesses (if you want dark) or a top highlight (if you want lighter) would improve the model.

A group shot would be nice to see how they work together (I look forward to the trash kan!)

Laney cheers

I thought the acolytes of Khorne were supposed to be warriors, not a bunch of pansies.
— Commissar Ciaphas Cain, to a Khorne Berserker, during the Chaos attack on Adumbria
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: edwards Orkz WIP   Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:38 pm

My favorite is WITHOUT a doubt... the 'Ard Boy with the Big Shoota. HAHAH! He has gold teeth! Reminds me of a green Flavor Flav!

On the paint... nice painting of nails and teeth! For an improved skin, I would suggest to experiment with a very light drybrush of Scorpion Green (it will make the highlights) followed by a wash of Dark Angels Green (will tone down the Scorpion Green AND go down the crevices.)

For the next pics, I would suggest not as close to the models. You see, when you go THAT close you give the observer a chance to spot any missed paint (blue on a tooth, yellow on the skin) as well as seeing the brush-strokes (thin your metallics). If you make a shot that is 60-70% the model (rather than the 95% you have now), you could conceal some of those spots.

Keep the great work! Thanks for sharing... I wish I could paint some models!!!! Sad No time...

The Mordheimer - Death Squads' Chief Editor & Ninja Designer. Bursting with ARACHAS' Dev-Powah™! Puke
Can't wait until someone invents a time machine so I can go to the specific day in the past that I volunteered for this, so I can kick my own ass.

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: edwards Orkz WIP   Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:21 pm

@ mord
i'm glad some one got the flavour flav reference

@ laney yes the kommando was very much a orkish mordian hybrid...having watched the eagle has landed i wanted the sneaky git to look like a Kommando extraordinare.

however all the photos are quite close

btw i tried the dry brushing/wash method...didn't have scorpion green so i used goblin, still it looks ok
heres a WIP killa kan][/url][/url][/url][/url
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: edwards Orkz WIP   Today at 12:58 am

Back to top Go down
edwards Orkz WIP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1