Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hitting the wall... again...

Go down 
+18
jd3
Komfritten
Narcissus
Gatlag Stonetooth
Lord GreyWolf
Dread_Kennedy
jammydodger
Laney
VonHagel
Da Bank
way-of-the-warrior
Librarian
dr!zzt
MathiasDark
cody20
dwi
Mordheimer
mudboy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mudboy

mudboy

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks Smile

The two helmets are from the Ravenwing sprue. You get when buying the DA Ravenwing battleforce or a DA Ravenwing bike squadron.

The one on the Devastator sergent got the front grill filled with GS(the grill is formed like the DA symbol).

I might take a snapshot of the painted models tomorrow Cool
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:43 pm

update picture of you passed out...

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 Passed_out_drunk_4
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:46 pm

These really are amazing conversions! Looking back through the posts I agree with Mordheimer about how using Terminator legs doesn't always work, but you've pulle dit off brilliantly! =D
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:55 am

@Mord; Ha ha, must be an old picture. Haven't had that long hair for a decade or so LOL

@Mathias; Thanks. I was a little insecure about the legs but it turned out fine.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:25 am

Okay. I lined up all the finished models and thouht "Cool, I almost have a playable army" Cool

Back from left to right:
Predator. With magnets so it can double as a Rhino
Predator. With magnets so it can double as a Rhino or Razorback
Vindicator.
Rhino.
Rhino. With magnets so it can double as a Razorback

Middle from left to right
Devastators. Multimelta, H. Bolter, 2x Lascannon
Sternguards. 2x Combimelta, H. Flamer.
Terminators. Assault Cannon.
Assault Marines.

Front from left to right:
Tactical Squad, Melta
Tactical Squad, Melta

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P1070009
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P1070012
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P1070011
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P1070010

On the paintstation I've got some Assault Terminators and a Dreadnought:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P1070003

Besides this I'm also planning the following:

Chaplain in PA and TA
Librarian in PA and TA
Sergent with PF for Sternguards
Assault Terminators with Lightning Claws
Another Tactical Squad
A Land Raider or two
Another Dread

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:03 am

Looking good - a cool variation on the templars scheme.

Are those forgeworld shields on the thunderhammer termies? That venerable dread looks cool too (it's one of the best model kits they've brought out recently IMO).

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:44 am

NICE!!! Love the models... VERY cool!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:19 pm

Thanks Very Happy

The shields are from Scribor. They have a lot of cool models and parts.

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 Big_templar_shields_01
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Scibor's modelling is easily the equivalent of forgeworld and the conversion parts he is churning out are very, very cool!

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:26 pm

I'm not sure about Scribor's stuff. Whilst each individual piece is very nice and they look even better in context I am just not entirely sold on them. I think they look too perfect almost... I can't really explain it (and I'm not knocking the Terminators because they look great, better even than the standard ones which shows how good the Scribor stuff is) but nothing so far has 'clicked' with me. Still beautiful models and a beautiful army which is much more important in this topic and in this forum. Great work from the DS community!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:41 pm

I think scibor simply needs to get a body of work out there that works together (and doesn't breach GW copyright!). He is getting there, but many of his pieces are a little 'disjointed'. I dislike the dwarf/goblin armies stuff he's done - but only because he's distracted from the 40k (sorry sci-fi) stuff. He has some great Adeptus Custodes material.

This is where the GW collectors section fails so badly (apart from the occasional work of genius) - I might want to buy some rubbish old models that they regard as 'classic', but most of the time ebay will support that need - What I really want is them putting genuine non-army models out there in 28mm scale such as the custodes, specific heroes, ordo xenos/malleus/hereticus retinues, black library characters etc. or ditch this line altogether and give it to forgeworld like they should (just at a lower price) Just Kidding

Rant over

Cheers Laney
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dread_Kennedy

Dread_Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:30 pm

Really dig the reworked AoBR terminators, the WIPs look great.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:52 pm

I'm not dead. Just been busy Very Happy

Well, another funny, crazy, lame, cool, idiotic, awesome idea has found it's way to my brain so I'm updating this thread to be more of a blog. With all the stuff I have going on it seems to be the best way to get it out there.

The new project involves a Space Wolf codex and Chaos models. The CSM codex didn't really work for this one as it is a bit too boring.

And here's the first little teaser:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P5010104

And when did this get here: Nuclear and this one: Grenade That's just fucking AWESOME
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Well, since Laney is planning a Loganwing too I'll post my armylist so he can rip it apart Very Happy

Quote :
Logan..........................................275

Rune Priest...................................100
Terminator Armour...........................20
Chooser of the Slain.........................10

5x Wolfguard Termies....................165
Assault cannon..............................30
Chainfist.......................................15
2x Combimelta...............................10

5x Wolfguard Termies....................165
Assault cannon..............................30
Chainfist.......................................15
Powerfist......................................10
2x Combimelta...............................10

4x Wolfguard Termies.....................132
2 pairs of Wolf Claws.......................30
2x TH/SS.......................................60
Droppod........................................35

4x Wolfguard Termies.....................132
Chainfist........................................15
2x Combimelta................................10

5x Wolfguard Termies.....................165
Chainfist........................................15
2x Combimelta................................10
Combiflamer.....................................5

Grand total: 1499

And a few pic's of the Termies in progress:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P5150106
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P5150107
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P5150108
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P5150109
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P5150110

I'm going to paint them as The Cleaved with ooze and slime seeping out of the joints and eye sockets:
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 M440894_cleavedb
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 5:17 pm

I'm no gamer - but the list looks great (I might have to steal some ideas from it!). The Chaos Termies look very cool too (chaos knights shields and heads - right? - great choice!).

Drop Pods cost a lot though - I mean model cost £ not points cost (I've just trashed one to make a scenery piece - oh well!). I'd quite like a crusader to carry the assault termies.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:44 am

Yup, Chaos Knights heads and shields.
The Droppods does cost quite a bit but I get a whooping 30% discount off RRP via my club. So I almost only pay for two of them Very Happy

I finished building the "standard" infantry. Still need to convert the three Droppods into Dreadclaws. The Wolf Priest(Chaos Sorcerer) and Logan(Evil Chaos Lord still lacking a proper name) is under construction but won't be finished before I go on vacation.

Squad Orcus:
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P7120168

Squad Frigus
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P7120169

Squad Obitus
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P7120170

Squad Strages
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P7120171

Squad cruenta
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P7120172

The two guys with Assault Cannons(Reapers) is magnetized in the left arm so they can have cyclones if I feel like it.
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P7120174

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 8:48 am

Yes, once again I have hit the wall full speed. I just can't convince myself to paint another full army. I think I need some smaller projects that don't involve 50 odd models that basicly look the same. So the plan is to focus on the smaller projects I want to finish. Of the top of my head there's a Malifaux crew, some daemon reinforcements for my daemons army, the Hellhammer and other smaller projects.

Malifaux is a really cool game, best described as a Victorian Horror Steampunk game. It has a lot of different factions that reflect the different genres in wargaming. I really like the Neverborn with the Nightmare theme. Especially Teddy, Doppelganger and Baby Kade are some of the coolest mini's I have ever seen so they had to be a part of my crew. I choose the Dreamer/Lord Chompy Bits set and some other extras as my first crew. They are a pain to play with as a beginner but I still love them.

Enough talk, it's time for a picture or two.

First up is Coppelius. I experimented with my new washes from Secret Weapons and they are quite cool. A bit shiny like the old GW inks. I hope some Purity Seal will take some of it away.

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P9040245

And then there's two alternative Alps. They are quiet small so it was hard for me to add any good details on them:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P9040248

Next up for a bit of paint is Teddy, Lord Chompy Bits and two Stitched Together.

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Cool models - nicely done - especially the stripes on his trousers.

I have a similar issue with finishing projects - I've run out of steam on my nurgle boys - so IG call.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Love those Termies....

Always thought about doing the Malifaux game as it covers everything my Wife loves = Victorian Horror Steampunk
Might be the only game I could entice her into playing.....mmmmm shrug

LGW

Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:23 am

Those termies are indeed pretty sweet!
As is your new malifaux stuff! Very Happy
Curious to what's next!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:50 am

You mean MORDHEIMER's Hellhammer?? MUAHAHAHAHAHH!!!! Funny you mention it... I just brought it up in another thread. That thing is AWESOME!

That deamon-squid thinggy is BRUTAL! The pants do take it to another level. They look hard to make. Since I don't know what the other two blue mutant frogs are, they look great to me! HA! I'm such a ... DON'T SAY IT! Just Kidding

Glad you have returned to painting personalized models. You always inspire us. AMAZING work!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:30 pm

It's been a busy winter. Lot's of extra work up to and during the holydays.

And for some reason the DS forum is running slow and lagging like nothing i've ever seen. Hopefully it will improve when I get a new computer and you will see a lot more from me. As always I have a million projects on my desk and zero focus Crying or Very sad

I got my girlfriend in to Mordheim and painting in general so I have been playing a buttload of Mordheim and also a lot of Gorkamorka in my club. And now I have also signed up for my first tournament ever so I have to paint a lot of Daemons in the next month. Oh my...

For Mordheim I made an Orc mob and boy are they fun to play! Animosity is so annoying and always comes when you need it the least. The Troll however is very handy even with stupidity. My GF have Beastmen and she is getting better and better both in painting and playing. I think I have created a new nerd Cool

In Gorkamorka I started with a Morker mob that have ended up quite strong with two trucks with big gunz and a bike for zooming in and picking up scrap. I also made a Mutie mob from cold ones and all sorts of different bits.

And then there is the tournament. Sigh... Need to paint something like 10 bloodletters, 6 crushers, a prince and maybe a soulgrinder, blood slaughterer and a lord of change. What have I done Rolling Eyes

Oh yeah. The 2012 Prisoner Exchange Event too. Damn it Mord, it's not fair. You know I can't resist the temptation

Well I can't post an update without at least one picture. So here's my Orc Boss before I started painting him:

Linky for more pics at toms boring forum

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 P1080317

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:14 pm

You certainly are busy!

Ace combo of bits on the Ork Boss - good use of the Ard Boy body.

One question - where is that head from? It is very cool (and show us more pics!)

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:18 pm

the Coppelius... he reminds me someone... dr Zoidberg?
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:21 am

Laney wrote:
Ace combo of bits on the Ork Boss - good use of the Ard Boy body.

One question - where is that head from? It is very cool (and show us more pics!)

The body is the Warboss from the AoBR box and head is from the Orc Boar Riders.

dr!zzt wrote:
the Coppelius... he reminds me someone... dr Zoidberg?

He he, Zoidberg gone bad!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hitting the wall... again...
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next