Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As promised, my true scale traitor marine!

Go down 
+6
Narcissus
maxxev
Komfritten
Mordheimer
Laney
Stryke
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stryke

Stryke

As promised, my true scale traitor marine! Empty
PostSubject: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Here are a few images of my attempt at a true scale marine, hope you like it!

As promised, my true scale traitor marine! DSC00465

As promised, my true scale traitor marine! DSC00466

As promised, my true scale traitor marine! DSC00470

As promised, my true scale traitor marine! DSC00469

My first try at the ture scaling so go easy Very Happy but i am quite happy with the outcome Smile Any advice or critisism is greatly welcome, Paintjob is unfinnished still got some detailing and some highlighting to add Smile
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:06 pm

Excellent Job - I love truescale marines!

Nice composition of the model, cool paint job and a great job on the modelling side of things as well.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Thanks for your kind words Smile

I am planning in adding some for of neck guard, and more spikes or detailing on his breast plate, im unhappy with how plain it is, might leave it for my next try at it. waiting on some more bits coming through from ebay to start the next one, i plan on doing a squad of em just for display or posibly a death sqaud if rules are coming for them Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:26 pm

Wow... REALLY cool! Can you honor us with another picture with the base of the Marine and the Cadian side-by-side? The IG is in an angle, so I can't see how big is the CSM....

The CSM looks AWESOME! I know he is WiP... but still! NICE! Suggestions? Not many... hmmm... the eyes? What are your plans for them? I think that if you do that green on the plasma pistol... WOW!

I can't really add anything. EXCELLENT job!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Thank you for your posative comments! the eyes were green but i put a few washes over them, need to pick them out more, ill get on and try and finnish it up, and yes ill take another picture for you Smile

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:16 pm

I don't think I can see where the conversions are - so that must be good. Could you point that out to me - and maybe place a "normal" marine for comparison?

He looks evil - and with a great pose - really good job (reason I would like to see what you have done, is that I would like to steal it for my own CSM for my chaos cultist squad...)
Back to top Go down
maxxev

maxxev

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Great conversion, I wish I still had some terminator legs left to do one of my own one day.
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:42 pm

ill tell you how it was done,

the legs were terminator legs, green stuff filling in the cavities on the back legs and thighs.

then the trim was added, along with some little arrows cut from styrene, (ill upload some pics before he was painted to show you guys, )

the torso im sure was thickened with styrene inbetween the two halves(normal csm)

then greenstuff to bulk out the torso and styrene trim added,

then arms wer standard csm terminators, cut off at the elbow and a normal marine hand holding the plasma pistol was glued here and filled, and power fist was just regular csm terminator,

the head and backpack were standard, and the gun holster and cloth was added to cover up an area i felt was messy,

Ill do a tutorial if you guys would like on my next one Smile
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:11 pm

That I would like a lot. Love tutorials.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Looks great! Very gritty looking. I love the pose and the weathering.

One thing you could try if you are feeling ambitious is a bit of object source lighting (OSL) on the leg and hand around the plasma pistol. Just a little bit of light green would give a really cool glowing effect and contrast with the red of the armour.

Great work. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the squad!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:13 pm

id love to try that narcissus, but i am a bit frightened to try incase i ruin it! ill look into it see if i think can acheive it, maybe practise a bit on an old model Smile

thank you
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:29 am

for those of you who asked, here he is next to a guardsman, ill take one later on for him next to a standard marine.

As promised, my true scale traitor marine! DSC00467

I attempted to get the eyes done last night, but for some reason i couldnt get them the way i wanted, I think this helmet style lends itself to darkened eyes, makes him look more evil I think and more menacing because you don't know what is going on in there! Don't know if i am trying to find an excuse for my bad painting last night or not Just Kidding
Hopefully the new parts will arrive tomorrow and i can get started on a tutorial for you guys Smile will i post this here? or in the tutorials section?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:06 am

Hmm put it in the tutorials - then it's easy to find later on =)

Thank you for the comparison =)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Wow! Even the pose of the IG suggest the other guys WAY bigger! HA! This guy is done... very good model!

I would 2nd the suggestion; start a new topic with a clever title.. "True Scale Space Marine Tutorial" Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:14 pm

And soon please, as I am about to pick a csm to make bigga an' betta!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:22 pm

I've been thinking about doing one too. I have some terminator legs kicking around as well...
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Hehe i am glad i have inspired some people! I will start the tutorial as soon as my components arive, I cant really do much at the moment, Ill make a start on the legs just now!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Well?! excuses excuses!? make them arrive faster!

(nobody said anything about being reasonable...)
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Looking sweet man! Love to see that tutorial so I might (ever) do one myself! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:53 pm

god a demanding bunch! i do have university work to be getting on with.....but this is far more tempting! hehe, nearly finnished my first tutorial instalment, ill write it up asap
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:03 pm

first part of the tutorial is up gus!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:29 pm

HAHAHH! Your FAULT Stryke... you got out of lurking! HAHAHA! Besides, if you put crappy models, we would not ask for more... but your work is VERY cool to see! Super dynamic... heel, even I am getting the itch.
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:54 am

Well since you have all been asking for the tutorial, I challenge those of you asked to make a true scale marine and post it on the forum! Ill start a new topic once I have finnished my next one, that. I am doing the tutorial on!

Last edited by Stryke on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:08 am

Just imagine when we do Space Marines. A squad of five of these badboys - fully converted, true-scaled, packed with guns... walking down your friendly local game board...

INSPIRATIONAL THREAD! I love it, KEEP IT GOING! MOAR!
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Damn that guys look badass, I want one Smile

Definitly going to take some inspiration rom this, or I will one day when I can affrd some models.

Keep up the good work and pictures
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As promised, my true scale traitor marine!   As promised, my true scale traitor marine! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As promised, my true scale traitor marine!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next