Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log

Go down 
+7
dr!zzt
mudboy
DeafNala
Lazi
Mordheimer
Laney
TheBlackKnight
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log Empty
PostSubject: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:29 pm

I'm gagging to get started on this, but want to wait till I see who I am making for so I can make something they want. Is this acceptable? Or must I start modelling right away?!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:40 pm

Of course - your prisoner, your rules (though don't wait too long - I want to see what you've got planned - you could share that at least!).

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Laney is right! Just as stated on the FAQ's... you can start any time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:49 am

I'm thinking a hired gun would be best, because anyone can use them. Maybe an assassin, because again, the person who recieves my model will be able to use him (or her!).
Back to top Go down
Lazi

Lazi

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:07 am

TheBlackKnight wrote:
... the person who recieves my model will be able to use him (or her!).

Hehe Smile Babe with a gun? DeafNala will be very happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:58 am

YES!!! BABE WITH A GUN! C'mon! Nobody has done one... a challenge!!!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:05 am

BABES WITH MACHINE GUNS! YES! Now you're talking. clown

This is only my own opinion & thus it's value is dubious at best: asking for what some one wants is pretty worthless; if by some chance you have the necessary pieces for the project & it isn't something you hate, then knowing the recipient's preference is cool; otherwise it just kills the enjoyment of creating an interesting piece. The exchange isn't, I hope, meant to provide additional troops...the brushwork & basing wouldn't match up anyway. SO paint whatever moves you.

Last edited by DeafNala on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Babe with a gun it is!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:43 pm

TheBlackKnight wrote:
Babe with a gun it is!

OH BABY!...there, that about says it all. clown
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:24 pm

I agree with Deaf... asking what you would like is... well, polite. I mean, I'm motivated by my piece... it tells a story and it is about Chaos. But my Recipient may want, for example, a Kroot. Would I be as inspired to do a Kroot? Probably not. Knowing me, I would scramble to do make and sent an EXTRA Kroot model if I have the time (HAHAHA! I can see the collective ROFLOLPMP from all of you... me, having time... HA!) but I would concentrate on MY piece.

If you are inspired by a Babe with Guns (AND YOU SHOULD!!!), then do that. I don't think anyone would object to have one. Hell, that may be the piece that would get Deaf to play... HAHAH! Right after I have some time, eh? Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:06 am

So, here are a few things that will be my inspiration for my prisoner.

I need a name for her. Was thinking Daisy, nice and innocent!

Suggestions welcome.

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log Girl-with-gun
The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log Lara_Croft_73_by_Nicobass

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log Girl-big-gun

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log Marg-PinkCamoPants-3821
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:51 am

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log Israeli_army_10_big_thumb
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:08 pm

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log 68296
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:19 pm

This thread is turning in to something else Wink
Back to top Go down
balangaz

balangaz

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Please, let it become something else then ;D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:40 pm

HAHAH... you guys...
Back to top Go down
TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:21 am

I'll have pics of an actual miniature soon to get it back on topic. I have all the inspiration I need now, thanks for the pictures!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:30 am

Mr. Burns
Back to top Go down
TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:38 am

So here you are, as promised, pictures of my WiP prisoner!

I started out by raiding my Imperial Guard bits box for standard DS weapons, like laspistols, bolters, plasma guns and also had to find a female looking figure, which came in the form of a MALE Dark Eldar from the raider kit. So this will be a first for me, both making a female mini, AND performing a sex change!

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log DSCN3192

For the figure, I had quite a lot of work to do. The mini started out like this. I would need to file off all the detail, cut the model in half incase I needed to repose, and make it curvey in woman places!

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log DSCN3201

Here is the model roughly filed and chopped. I also started to green stuff the chest onto the torso.

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log DSCN3195

Side view of the torso.

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log DSCN3198

Through many layerings of liquid green stuff on the torso, I had to decide on the weaponry. I couldn't decide whether to go for a scared looking model holding a pistol with both hands and looking away while firing, or a Lara Croft with an M-16 style heroine! I had a quick look in my Space Marines bits box and this sealed the choice! It would have to be a massive heavy stubber!

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log DSCN3203

Extended the barrel with a piece of plastic with holes drilled in it and cut off the ammo feed; I have other plans for ammo.

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log DSCN3205

The Ork bits box was next to be raided, where I found a hair donor and a nice big ammo backpack.

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log DSCN3202

The backpack was a bit too Orky for my liking, so I filed off some of the bulets and rip details and smothed over with my good friend liquid green stuff.

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log DSCN3206

So here you go, my assembled (with blu tac) prisoner!

I have a little work to do to the face, like filling out the cheeks and lips and making the eyebrows less pointy. She needs to be pretty! The arms also need a bit of work to make them look right.

Also, like the video I posted initially, she will be in a pile of bullets and will have bullets flying in and out of the gun!

As for a diorama, she'll most certainly be mowing down a squad of orks single handedly!

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log DSCN3208

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log DSCN3209

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log DSCN3210

Comments and suggestions are more than welcome.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:49 am

An all round superb bit of modelling work - I might need to get some of that liquid greenstuff!

The female model is coming along great and the heavy bolter to stubber conversion already looks brilliant.

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:23 am

That is one mean looking woman! Great work so far.

Though I must say that the packpack looks way too big for her. The gun is on the heavier side too but it's not as bad as the backpack.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:32 am

At first I was like... "WHY ARE YOU FILING OF THE DETAILS!!!"... then I was... Embarassed "that's a cool chick... I know NOT'ING! Stick of Doom "

Great model so far. I agree with mudboy... the backpack seems way to big for her. OK for an Ork, but not for such delicate (and deadly) flower. flower
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:01 am

VERY COOL! That is one tough looking Chick. Gun & backpack too big...NO WAY; this Babe has chutzbah. she can kick sand in Schwartzenegger's face. She's no whimp I.G. or Fairy-Mary Space Nazi. SHE'S RAMBETTE!
Translation: I like her just the way she is. clown
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:44 pm

I like the backpack/weapon - It gives it an anime/manga feel, but without being cutesy. Extra muscles wouldn't hurt, but they might ruin a great model.

As a model that clearly isn't in scale anyway (even by GW's warped standards! - after GW actual scaled miniatures look bizarre), you can do what you like with it. Take that as a different style and go with it.

In short - I'm with Deaf! Great Prisoner

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:36 am

DeafNala wrote:
VERY COOL! That is one tough looking Chick. Gun & backpack too big...NO WAY; this Babe has chutzbah. she can kick sand in Schwartzenegger's face. She's no whimp I.G. or Fairy-Mary Space Nazi. SHE'S RAMBETTE!

You nailed it DeafNala, I went for OTT and it seems to have worked!

If they were to let any women into the Imperial Guard, they would only let this kind of woman in; one who can handle herself and kick the boys asses! She's there to show the lads how its done.

In reply to the backpack size, I did use what I could find, but when I blu tac'd it on I thought 'hell yeah!' Once you see how many bullets will be on her base, it'll make sense that she has that amount of bullets in her backpack.

In reply to muscle size, When the wimpy Dark Eldar arms are glued in place, I'll probably flesh out some muscles. Not bulging bicepts, but just some definition so they arent twig like.

I'm glad to have some constructive criticism on this. Its always easier just to say 'thats good man!' but you guys say what you mean, and I like it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log   The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Black Knight's Prisoner Exchange Log
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next