Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Snixy

Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina Empty
PostSubject: Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina   Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:22 am

While looking for a good skirmish version of 40k, I stumbled upon Death Squads. This appears to be about what I was looking for so I am ramping up and convincing my small group to play. We will be helping this project where/when we can while working on our own projects.
As stated in the description, I have always loved undead/plague themed games/armies so I will be playing a nurgle only Chaos warband. I have it mostly pointed up and ready to go and am currently trying to secure bits and models to make it all ready for the table. I have used this site as well as many others for Greenstuff help as the first few attempts with it were... lacking in end result.
All in all I hope this is just an incredibly fun game that our small group can enjoy for what it is!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina   Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:43 am

Nurgle : Welcome Corrupt Brother Snixy!!! Nurgle

Welcome to Death Squads! Glad you found us and have a group to play! You said "I have always loved undead/plague themed games/armies..." any pics to share? We demand PICS FOR THE PIC GOD!!! If you want to vomit (in a Nurgle kind of good way), PLEASE feast your eyes (before they rot) on Narcissus' Death Guard. Definitely it is (and you can quote me!)...

Mordheimer wrote:
Narcissus' Death Guard is one of the 31,668,119 things EVERY 40k player must see before they die.
Simply amazing... will serve you as inspiration. Don't be afraid of trying some GS... the guys (everyone) will help you a great deal to make your nightmares dreams come true. They help me a great deal, and while I'm not anywhere near their skill level... I can say that I no longer suck (that much!) with GS. Just ask... post pics, ask, work... rinse and repeat! Above all... HAVE FUN!!!

I think you will like Death Squads... it promotes many of the 'forgotten' parts of our hobby. You get to REALLY customize your Squads. In 40k, you are encouraged to 'mass produce' the army and concentrate on the Special Characters. I still remember with great fondness Dozer's Recruit... Toaster. He was playing Imperial Renegades and he had a Worker... I asked him for the lad's name... and he said "Toaster... Toaster Strudel" We laughed... he tried to kill him. No matter how suicidal the mission, Toaster always made it back. He EARNED his Forge World model! We all have stories about our models. Ask Laney about his first Captain (hehehe... I will hear him moan all the way from the UK!) The game promotes your work on each model as much as you want. Also, Death Squads promotes story-telling... each Scenario of a Campaign can be a 'chapter' in your book. We tend to write stuff from the Squad's perspective (two stories per game) and makes for great reading. Above all, Death Squads makes EACH player the center of the Universe... we all have egos to stroke. Just Kidding

Welcome home. Don't forget to mop your dripping puss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Snixy

PostSubject: Re: Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina   Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:04 am

With as slowly as I normally get models/painting done you'd think I had started to Nurglify. The only pics I have at the moment are some Cryx ones from Warmachine which I will get on posting if anyone cares to have a look.
VERY pretty GS work. Can definitely take some pointers from that guy as this will only be my second foray into GS work. The first was a few small unsuccessful things.
I am very excited to try this out, and have already got 2 other folks coming to look at it with me later today. I don't want to be another 40k basher because it also has many many ups... I just couldn't handle needing a trillion overexpensive models for a rules system I couldn't get behind. It looks so far like this will help quite a bit in easing 40ks shortcomings and prove to be a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina   Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:49 am

Warmachine? Post them on Lord Greywolf's Lair... he is playing Warmachine now. Traitor... Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina   Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 4:03 am

Welcome, brother! Do close the door behind you: not everyone else needs to know this is a Nurgle infested den! ;D
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina   Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 1:44 pm

Welcome to Death Squads!

Mord's right stories build up with your squads and now I have an IG army! (My First captain - Captain Gimpy - was better known as Alex 'Ice Cold' Reismann)

Enjoy your stay!

Laney
Back to top Go down
Snixy

PostSubject: Re: Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina   Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Thank you everyone. I am really excited to start playing and have begun work on my Chaos Marine already. Will post in P+M when I get the chance as I have already taken some pictures.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina   Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:28 pm

Welcome to the forums! This is a great place to build you skills as there is lots of gentle constructive feedback and you will constantly get pushed to do a little more to each model. DS is a really fun game to play too. I will look forward to seeing some of your work and battle reports.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina   Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:17 pm

Narcissus wrote:
This is a great place to build you skills as there is lots of gentle constructive feedback and you will constantly get pushed to do a little more to each model.
You are NOT allowed to push your skills any more Narcissus... if you do I will have a heart attack! HA! Just kidding... I just take my nitro before opening your threads! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina   Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helping the plague spread south - South Carolina
Page 1 of 1