Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mudboy's Cultists

Go down 
+2
Snixy
mudboy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mudboy

mudboy

Mudboy's Cultists Empty
PostSubject: Mudboy's Cultists   Mudboy's Cultists I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:45 am

Well here's my first list-in-progress. Still not complete as I'm still working on the details.

Chaos Marine 109
Bolt Pistol 0
Sword 0
MoK 25

Aspiring Champion 38
Lasgun 29

Aspiring Champion 38
Lasgun 29

Chosen 34
Sword 18
Laspistol 27
Flak Jacket 20
Helmet 17
MoK 25

Chosen 34
Sword 18
Laspistol 27
Flak Jacket 20
Helmet 17
MoK 25

Saboteur 33
Sword 18
Autopistol 15

Saboteur 33
Sword 18
Autopistol 15

Annihilator 34
Flamer 27

That leaves me with a few credits in the bank. I'm planning on saving that for some better gear after the first game.

Last edited by mudboy on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snixy

Mudboy's Cultists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Cultists   Mudboy's Cultists I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:46 pm

I don't agree with the Champions being less geared than the cultists although I see why you did it. If your opponent downs the cultists, they could potentially be a pretty big points sink early on.
Back to top Go down
rhuntar

rhuntar

Mudboy's Cultists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Cultists   Mudboy's Cultists I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:54 am

Are your Aspiring Champs Mark of Chaos Undivided?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Oftheninefinger
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Mudboy's Cultists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Cultists   Mudboy's Cultists I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:05 am

Why lasguns? SO MANY QUESTIONS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
mudboy

mudboy

Mudboy's Cultists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Cultists   Mudboy's Cultists I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Yup. Asp. Champs has MoCU so they can get a heavy bolter after...382 games when they finally get that S advancement along with the H. Bolter skill.

They get Lasguns cause I just want them to hang back and shoot stuff. The rest of the squad will kick ass and chew bubblegum. After the first game I plan to get them some scopes so thay can shoot a bit further. Lasguns is the best ranged weapon they can start with, right?

Edit;

I upgraded the Chosen's autopistols to laspistols. And the cultists got upgraded to Saboteurs as they have a better WS. I'm not planning on using their infiltration skill unless there's a really good reason.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

Mudboy's Cultists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Cultists   Mudboy's Cultists I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:36 am

Yikes.....extremely low model count. Im on campus right now so I won't be able to get very in depth here, but you have ABSOLUTELY no protection for your officer class. I understand the fluffy nature of the list, but you have left yourself wide open to a decimation of your officer class. If I played against the list I would be focusing my firepower against your Asp. Champs and Chosen. This game would be over by turn three or four. Elevated positions would allow me to fire upon any model, and with only three recruits would mean that over half of your "weak" (weak as in not a CSM) being officers they would quickly become prime targets. Also since your squad is close combat based, it would force you to attempt climbing charges upwards with the risk of falling. This squad would be gutted within the first game, possibly end up without any chance of recovery. Later tonight (tonight as in 6 pm eastern US time) I will throw post up some recommended changes. But first and foremost you absolutely NEED cultists.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

Mudboy's Cultists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Cultists   Mudboy's Cultists I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:19 pm

The problem is that there's never enough credits to get exactly what I want so i usually go with what I feel is most important. Protecting the CC Officers and recruits that can actually do something is, for me, very important. More cultists would mean less protection or worse recruits.

It's quality or quantity. I prefer the first though I might do a list like this instead:

Chaos Marine 109
Bolt Pistol 0
Sword 0
MoK 25

Aspiring Champion 38
Lasgun 29

Aspiring Champion 38
Lasgun 29

Chosen 34
Sword 18
Laspistol 27
Flak Jacket 20
Helmet 17
MoK 25

Chosen 34
Sword 18
Laspistol 27
Flak Jacket 20
Helmet 17
MoK 25

5x Cultist 105
Autopistols 75

Besides, the first game in a campaign I usually just use to get some more credits to upgrade the things I feel I'm lacking with the mission objective as a second priority. And I'll be playing two noobs so I'm not that worried Wink
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Mudboy's Cultists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Cultists   Mudboy's Cultists I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:19 am

mudboy wrote:
The problem is that there's never enough credits to get exactly what I want

Twisted Evil MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Twisted Evil
Evil DesignTM... making impossible to create the perfect Squad since 2008!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

Mudboy's Cultists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Cultists   Mudboy's Cultists I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:51 am

Ok a little late for the party, but here is my comments on your squad.

Im a big fan of quantity over quality, but will try to advise after your playstyle.
Also I like the second list a lot more then the first.

Comments in red

Chaos Marine 109
Bolt Pistol 0
Sword 0
MoK 25
-Looks good, not much to say

Aspiring Champion 38
Lasgun 29
-I would go for the Autogun, saving a few credits a start-up. i prefere Autogun over Lasgun, the lasgun is ´only´better when you buy Hot-packs

Aspiring Champion 38
Lasgun 29
-see about

Chosen 34
Sword 18
Laspistol 27
Flak Jacket 20
Helmet 17
MoK 25
-Change Laspistol for Slugger and helmet for Head Guard. fluff wise axe over sword with Khorne

Chosen 34
Sword 18
Laspistol 27
Flak Jacket 20
Helmet 17
MoK 25
-see about

Total Officer cost: 454 credit

Comming to Recruits I would get:

Cultists * 2 42
Autogun * 2 44

Cultist * 3 63
Club * 3 15

Annilator 34
Flamer 27

Annilator 34
grenade launcher 15
grenade * 2 16
-this guy is something I personaly would try to help with some range, but can be tradet for another Flamer or more Cultists

Total 744 (the last 6 credit can be used to keep Swords over Axes on the Chosen)

Hope this is to some help Very Happy

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mudboy's Cultists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mudboy's Cultists   Mudboy's Cultists I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mudboy's Cultists
Page 1 of 1