Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our 1st Family game of Zombicide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Our 1st Family game of Zombicide Empty
PostSubject: Our 1st Family game of Zombicide   Our 1st Family game of Zombicide I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:42 am

I posted this on another forum board thought I'd share

Quote :
I got my box yesterday had a quick game with my kids in the afternoon. But today was the big one the whole family played. Yup my Wife actually sat down with me, the daughter and the son.

Me: Phill + Pistol + Pan
Wife: Amy + Fire axe
Miss 6: Wanda + pistol
Master 4: Josh + crow bar

We played the third scenario [02] the one where you only have to get one actor to the exit and you had the option to get to the objective marker and remove a wound card.

it was a blast. here are some hi lights of the game a few questions:

Awards:
Arrrghh I got Bit: Miss 6 1st to get wounded [Walker bite]
Nip and Tuck: Wifey Most Fatties Killed [3]
Annihilator: Master 4 Most Zombies Killed [18]
Zombie Stopper: Master 4 Most Runners Killed [4]
Noble Deed: Me !st Actor to die [killed by Fatty]
I Survived: Miss 6 1st Actor to the EXIT
Swing and miss: Wifey Most swings at a Zombie with out killing it [3]

Questions:
1] If I am shooting into a Zone that has Ned, Amy, 2 walkers and a Runner and I am using a sub-machine gun [3 dice on 5+] rolling 5,5,6, then following the rule book I would give both Ned and Amy one wound each and then take out a single walker.

Why is more likely we will hit a fellow survivor then an actual Zombie?

2] Can Zombies bash a door down?

3] if my Actor is leaving a zone that has 1 or more zombies in it does it cost me 1 or 2 actions to leave.

4] if I start my move in a Zone with no zombies but I then move into a zone that does have a zombie does it cost me any extra actions to do this?
ZONE1[Empty]>>>> ZONE2 [Fatty]

5] taking the above example I moved into a zone with a fatty and I have no weapon on me to kill it with can I move onto the zone behind him? and will it cost me 1 or 2 actions?
ZONE1[Empty]>>>> ZONE2 [Fatty]>>>>>ZONE3 [Empty]

5a] if I am using Wanda with her special skill of double zone movement. how many action points would it cost me to move through Zone2 with the fatty in it and then onto Zone 3?

6] does each actor die once they get 2 wound counters? and does this ever get increased? eg as you gain more experience.

Will add more question as we get them from our future games. The wife loved the game I did even though I died. She has promised me more games and the kids loved it alot. My Daughter got it pretty quick the son well he is only 4 though he had fun killing all of the zombies with his sawn off shotgun. And the Daughter loved her Sub-machine gun.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Daemonicus

Daemonicus

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Family game of Zombicide   Our 1st Family game of Zombicide I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 7:44 am

Glad you too enjoyed the game.

On to the questions:

1) I think it's a mechanic to improve melee weapons and makes you think of what you arm your survivor with, this mostly comes up with double weapons.

2) It doesn't state in the rules. I think they should if they heard the survivors behind the door.

I'm going to make a house rule for this

3) It costs 1 action more for each zombie present. Slippery is a good skill to have with large mobs.

4) Only leaving a zone with zombies cost more

5) If it's a lone fatty it costs 2 to leave the zone if you don't have slippery

5a) Zone 0 -> Zone 2 with fatty: 1 action, zone 2 with fatty -> zone 3/4: 2 actions. Total: 3 actions.

6) Tough talent ignores the first wound from given source(zombie attacks, get hit by a car etc.) as does hockey mask. I haven't stumbled upon something that would increase the amount of wounds you can have.

How did you solve the molotov problem? Do you have in the item deck or have it as a created only item? If it can be found normally it would reduce the geek's speciality to create 2 molotovs instead of one from the ingredients.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Family game of Zombicide   Our 1st Family game of Zombicide I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:08 am

Thx Daemonicus

I got alot of those questions answered on the CMoN! forum board.

The game was great looking forward to the next family Zombie killing spree.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Family game of Zombicide   Our 1st Family game of Zombicide I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Pretty cool! Here my opinion on your questions.

1) It is a board game, and rules are simplistic. This means that some rules don't make much sense. I agree with Daemonicus, this increase the melee. PERSONALLY, I think the order of who is attacked should be: Walkers, Survivors, Fatty & Runners. The Walkers are supposed to be very slow, easier to pick out. Then after that, makes better sense to hit the Survivors. Special Cards that allow you to pick your Target (i.e. hit a Runner instead of a Walker) would also make sense.

2) No. Too stupid. They would bang on the door, but not break it. Again, simplistic rules (board games). I would say that if the Zone has 4+ Walkers and/or Runners or at least 1 Fatty, they could bash the door.

3) Daemonicus is right.

4) Daemonicus is right.

5) You are screwed if you are not Slippery.

5a) Daemonicus is right.

6) Daemonicus is right. ALSO, instead of a Wound, you can discard gear.... which is just delaying the inevitable.

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
I got alot of those questions answered on the CMoN! forum board.
Could you share the answers? Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Family game of Zombicide   Our 1st Family game of Zombicide I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Non-official answers, these are just my understandings and comments.

Originally Posted by Lord GreyWolf
1] If I am shooting into a Zone that has Ned, Amy, 2 walkers and a Runner and I am using a sub-machine gun [3 dice on 5+] rolling 5,5,6, then following the rule book I would give both Ned and Amy one wound each and then take out a single walker.

No idea. Not a big fan of this rule. I'd rather it be more chance based. Say, re-roll each hit. 1-3 = survivor hit, 4-6 = zombie hit.

I don't think so, we've played that they can't. They are rather mindless afterall.

3] if my Actor is leaving a zone that has 1 or more zombies in it does it cost me 1 or 2 actions to leave.
It costs you 1 to move plus 1 action per zombie that was in the room with you as I understand it. So it takes you 2 actions to move out of a zone with 1 zombie, 3 actions to move out of a zone with 2 zombies, etc.

4] if I start my move in a Zone with no zombies but I then move into a zone that does have a zombie does it cost me any extra actions to do this?
Moves into zones with zombies just cost 1.

5] taking the above example I moved into a zone with a fatty and I have no weapon on me to kill it with can I move onto the zone behind him? and will it cost me 1 or 2 actions?
2 actions, assuming it is only the fatty in the zone. If it has it's walkers with it, then 4 actions (which probably means you're screwed).

5a] if I am using Wanda with her special skill of double zone movement. how many action points would it cost me to move through Zone2 with the fatty in it and then onto Zone 3?
As I understand it, you can't bypass zombies using longer movements. My opinion would be that that movement would cost you 2 actions (again, assuming only the fatty is in the area).

6] does each actor die once they get 2 wound counters? and does this ever get increased? eg as you gain more experience.
This one I'm not so sure about. I don't have the book handy, but as I recall the second wound kills the survivor. I don't recall seeing any survivors getting the option to gain more wounds. That said, Scenario 2, I believe, has an objective marker that is a "first aid kit" that will remove a wound from a survivor.

=============================================================================================

Questions:

Actually, it's worse than that! You have to assign all hits to survivors first! So, in the case of your example, one of the two survivors would die and the other would receive one wound. Likewise, if there are no survivors in the zone, but there are walkers and fatties, you have to kill all the walkers before you can assign hits to fatties. And if it's walkers, fatties, and runners, then you must kill all the walkers and fatties, before the runners get hit!

This is probably the most controversial rule in the game, but, when played as written, it also produces some of the most interesting tactical decisions.

No.

2 or more actions. 1 action to move + 1 action per zombie.

No. Only moving out of a zone with zombies in it costs additional actions.

Yes. 3 actions total. 1 action to move into the zone with the Fatty + 2 actions to move out of the zone with the Fatty (1 to move + 1 for the Fatty).

2 Actions (1 to move 2 zones, 1 to move out of the zone with the Fatty)

Yes, 2 wounds = death. IIRC, currently no official survivors gain more 'health'. But, Amy has the Medic skill at Red, which allows her to remove a wound card from herself or another survivor. And, IIRC, Nick has the Tough skill, which allows him to shrug off one attack per turn.

=============================================================================================

1] Actually, since Ned and Amy are still in the area, the third shot would be assigned to one of them -- your choice.

Here is a discussion on friendly fire:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...a-bad-thing%29

2,3 & 4] Amwranes is correct.

5] It will take one action to go into the zone and two more to leave it for a total of three actions.
5a] If Wanda has progressed to Orange and you have chosen "Slippery" as her skill, then she can skate right on by with a single action. Otherwise it would take two actions.

6] Yup, two wounds kills the survivor.

well those are the comments so far from our 1st game. the friendly fire thread was well worth the read.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Family game of Zombicide   Our 1st Family game of Zombicide I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Wow... thanks! I guess my answers weren't that wacky after all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Family game of Zombicide   Our 1st Family game of Zombicide I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 1:16 am

I have had more games of Zombicide then I have or Deathsquads, Warmachine, and Bloodbowl COMBINED!!!!!

this game was a GREAT investment and my family love playing it. Got a game already planed for tomorrow afternoon [first day off] and I am certain to have quite a few games againts Lady grey over the coming days.

if you haven't got it already then GET a COPY!!!!

LGW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our 1st Family game of Zombicide   Our 1st Family game of Zombicide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our 1st Family game of Zombicide
Page 1 of 1