The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hired Gun troubles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arachas

PostSubject: Hired Gun troubles   Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:51 am

Hi guys,

So after my last game, I ended up rolled a triple 6: Returning A Favor! Which means I get to pick a free Hired Gun for the next game... niiice.

My new Cadian squad has two games under its belt, though I've lost both. Two of my members already have impeding handicaps: my CO and a SGT have an old battle scar (-1 S) and the other SGT lost a leg due to a failed diving charge (FAIL!). Considering these factors I'm leaning towards going heavily shooty, to avoid having to use that low S.

My question to you is: which Hired Gun would you add? Would you try and complement and take a really shooty one? Or rather compensate and take a CC monster? My first thoughts were either the Karskin Sergeant (since I run a Cadian squad, fluffy and looks like a real good addition) or the Commissar (two reasons: cool rules AND I get to use mudboy's Commissar model that he sent me for the Prisoner Exchange).

Did I miss a good one? What would you do?

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Karskin Sergeant... all the way! He is ubber cool and has great gear. The Recruit Cost was waived (Returning A Favor!) so it is just upkeep. Firepower baby!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:21 am

You got the cool Commissar from Mudboy, then use him Very Happy

Other then that I really like the look for the Demolition Expert, he can help you controle the map, helping with your handicap guys Very Happy

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:50 am

The Kasrkin Sergeant seems like a safe choice and can bolster your firing line (which sounds like how you are going to play the next game).

Of course, with a one-off free hired gun - he could be used to hold the line (and keep your other guys out of trouble while they fire on Sturmm) and if he dies - no loss to you.

Laney:D

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:20 am

Laney wrote:
Of course, with a one-off free hired gun - he could be used to hold the line (and keep your other guys out of trouble while they fire on Sturmm) and if he dies - no loss to you.

I'm playing Sturmm again on the 26th... this time... HE NEEDS TO GO DOWN! I've never lost this many games in a row! LOL!

I forget: didn't we revise the Commissar? Or is that still in the works?

Back to top Go down
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:36 am

Guys?

Leaning towards the Commissar at the moment: I have this awesome model, his stats are great, the commands are cool...

Sure, the Kasrkin Sergeant is a rockhard soldier with his carapace armor... but the hellgun is kind of meh (S3...) and his stats aren't amazing at all (WS3).

What if I just slap some armor on that Commissar?

Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:45 am

I say choose the Commissar, for the only reason is that you got a great model from Mudboy, that is enough reason for me Very Happy

Cool models will always win, always...

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:54 pm

ALSO... it fits the story. Arachas is being demoted, thus the new Squad has a Commissar to make sure Arachas leaves one way or the Skull.... hehehehe

PLAY ASSASSINATION!!!!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   

Back to top Go down

Hired Gun troubles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1