Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!)

Go down 
+4
Narcissus
Laney
Dysturbed
littleducky
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Narcissus

Narcissus

the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!)   the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:16 am

I like them. I think they look good. They might really pop if you painted parts of it in another colour and then chipped and weathered it a bit. I personally really like yellow hazard stripe accents.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
littleducky

the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!)   the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:30 am

I did some after that, went with a sort of sewers theme, I'll post them up tomorrow. I think they came out much better
Back to top Go down
littleducky

PostSubject: Re: the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!)   the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 3:21 pm

My warboss's base. its going to be a sewer theme, and that is a handrail risen up. the white is going to be water, I tried to "scuplt" some water effects.

the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 100_0990_zps58a1616c

the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 100_0989_zps6254c08e

And im not sure how I should end up facing my boss, this is where I need some opinions.

the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 100_0991_zps3bb0a683

^^this is how I planned it out.^^

the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 100_0992_zpsa7b33ee5

^^and this is my other option. back turned to the rail.^^

Edit: I know the boss's paintjob sucks. first model I painted since I've started back, he will be stripped and redone with my slightly honed painting skills.

Last edited by littleducky on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
littleducky

PostSubject: Re: the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!)   the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 3:24 pm

And here are some bases I did, that I think turned out wayy cooler than my first attempt. I need to work on my water. it really sucks on these bases

the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 100_0972_zps628a02d8

and one of my lootas hanging out on his new base

the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 100_0987_zps07729edf
Back to top Go down
littleducky

PostSubject: Re: the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!)   the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:36 pm

So here is my finished(so I think, unless you guys can tell me how to make better water) warboss base. im very satisfied with my first attempt at painting the "caution stripes" but im less than pleased with how my water turned out.

the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 100_0995_zps30dce22b

the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 100_0994_zps33a30a31
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!)   the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:41 am

Looking good. I really like that railing. It is a very cool feature.

The hazard stripes look good. It looks like you painted the yellow over the black. In my experience, it is easier to paint it yellow and then paint black stripes. It is much easier to get good coverage.

Did you use plasticard or cardboard for the base?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
littleducky

PostSubject: Re: the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!)   the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:51 am

Thanks narc!
Its some sprue scraps covered in cheap modelling putty. And I didn't paint over tne black, not directly at least. Black primer/bolt gun metal dry brush/white/yellow/nuln oil.(and then I painted the black in between the yellow) I washed over it at the end to go for the worn effect. Kinda just dulled down a little.
Back to top Go down
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!)   the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Loving the bases-there's a real strong theme! Not too sure bout the warboss base, but that's cause I'd be nervous about the base distracting from the mini. Can't wait to see more!
Back to top Go down
SprayAnPray

PostSubject: Re: the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!)   the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:56 am

I love the base with the pipe but I'm not sure about the hand rail one. Could you put a human sized model next to the Warboss' base for an idea about the scale?
Back to top Go down
littleducky

PostSubject: Re: the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!)   the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:52 am

It didn't come out as good as it look in my head (and never does) because it is so big I think. I have some com laying around, when time is on my side I'll take a picture
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!)   the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the good, the bad, and probably downright ugly(updated again, need opinions!)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2