Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabotage!

Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* Empty
PostSubject: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Hey all,

This is my band of Inquisition models I converted and painted up a while ago when I was using them with the IG list for DS. I have another Inquisitor and his retinue waiting paint (two are actually painted, but need basing), but they are pretty far down my queue (and with my clinicals starting again on Wednesday, I'll have little time to paint the next three months). I have most of their names a bit of backstory stored off somewhere on the computer, but It's been a few years since I've touched it. Sorry about the not so spectacular photos - I took these back when I had my old camera.

Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2234-1
Group Shot
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2231-1
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2230-1
Hired Gun
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2227-1
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2229-1
Bounty Huntress
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2224-1
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2225-1
Ex-hive ganger
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2334
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2335
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2336
Inquisitor Garran Ehrhardt of the Ordo Hereticus (Moderate)
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2216
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2217
Interrogator
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2212-1
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2213-1
Mutant Psyker
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2214-1
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2215-1
Ex-Imperial Guard Field Medic turned Torturer/Interrogator
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2112
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2114
Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* DSCF2135
Ex-Inquisitorial Stormtrooper Junior Officer Vendrek Hellmann (magnetized heads).

As always, feedback is appreciated! Thanks for looking!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Excellent work - a really inventive squad! Particularly the sniper and the bounty huntress - great conversion work.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Sabotage!

PostSubject: Re: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 5:26 pm

Thanks Laney, much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 5:57 pm

very nice models! great character to them, which is what its all about! My only criticism (and i hope its constructive) I'd maybe go over the models with a slight wash then pick out the highlights again, some of the clothing and skin is looking a bit flat. 

Would be nice to see a small story of their background too! hehe i started writing a short story for my imperial guard squad and renegades. still in the works though. check them out if you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
Sabotage!

PostSubject: Re: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 10:14 pm

Thanks for your feedback Stryke, definitely helpful! I agree, some of the highlights are a bit light on this group. In part I think I didn't wash quite heavily enough, but also I used a flat sealant by armory (which turned out to be REALLY flat), which has since been discarded and replaced with Testors dullcote. As a sidenote armory primers and sealers are really poor quality, I would try to avoid them. The sealant was particularly bad on the Inquisitor (though I went back over him again afterwards, I think I might put a bit of a wash on his pants/ sleeves not that you mention it). The ex-hive ganger I just did kind of a lousy job on the skin. I've since improved a fair deal when it comes to flesh, but human skin in large swathes is still not my strong suit.

I'll have to dig the backstory out this week and post it up!
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 4:23 am

Skin tones are tricky to get right, but once you do its a piece of cake! once you master the basics you can start to try new things, like different base colours for your skins, like blues purples, they all create interesting effects. the trick is to start with a darker colour, i usually mix some elf flesh with a bit of brown to darken it down, then build up layers gradually getting lighter as I go. I used to hate painting flesh. now its not so bad!

I also use airbrush paints, i find they are just a nice consistency thin coats is the key Smile

As for the dullcote, I really like humbrol matt spray, goes for around £5 a can, and its good stuff. 

Looking forward to the backstory Smile
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 5:17 am

Cool looking bunch! I'd be scared for an interrogation!  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sabotage!

PostSubject: Re: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 3:53 pm

Stryke wrote:
Skin tones are tricky to get right, but once you do its a piece of cake! once you master the basics you can start to try new things, like different base colours for your skins, like blues purples, they all create interesting effects. the trick is to start with a darker colour, i usually mix some elf flesh with a bit of brown to darken it down, then build up layers gradually getting lighter as I go. I used to hate painting flesh. now its not so bad!

I also use airbrush paints, i find they are just a nice consistency thin coats is the key Smile

As for the dullcote, I really like humbrol matt spray, goes for around £5 a can, and its good stuff. 

Looking forward to the backstory Smile

Honestly I've had the most trouble with caucasian skin tones, I think in part that's because I was using GW deneb stone as a base (which can be prone to pigments) and a vallejo skin tone (which usually is prone to pigments and I had a hard time getting an even coat with). I've since switched to using deneb stone with the new GW flesh ranges and I've had more success. It's really kind of ironic, but I've painted a few models with african skin tones and had no trouble at all, even though I've painted substantially fewer. I'm going to take your suggestion and try to start a bit darker, I think that will help the contrast post wash quite a bit.  I may also give airbrush paints a shot - I find a lot of the GW paints have poor consistency (with lots of solid pigments, even after thinning them). Thanks for all your suggestions Stryke, I really appreciate it, and I think they will help my skin painting abilities!

Hmmm, I may have to give humbrol a try after I run out of Testors, the price sounds a bit cheaper.

Thanks for the compliment Gatlag!
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 5:09 pm

no problem friend, i had some issues with it, try to start with a light african skin tone and work it up, i dont use gw paints any more, i find they are too thick and gloopy, even after thinning. they clog up brushes and all sorts. ill maybe post up a small skin painting tutuorial, the way i do it, see if it helps you Smile 

get that backstory posted or else
Back to top Go down
Sabotage!

PostSubject: Re: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Sorry for taking so long with back story, it's been a hectic couple days here. I unfortunately could not find all the backstory on my old computer, I'm not sure what happened to it. Though I did find the biographies for Inquisitor Ehrhardt and Hellmann and the small blerbs I posted from the backstory of each character on my blog. I'll post up the the little character descriptions as the biographies are pretty long and were designed for Inquisitor. Here they are in order of joining the group:

Inquisitor Garran Ehrhardt (The uh...um Inquisitor). Ehrhardt is a relatively new Inquisitor and is a staunch Amalthian (essentially he believes the Imperium working together rather than against itself is best for mankind), and is neither a puritan or a radical, though he leans a bit more radical. This is mainly because of the individuals he works with (including a mutant), as he cares more about contribution and good intentions toward the Imperium rather than profession, race, or physical appearance. He is a former Arbitrator, and has a strong sense of justice. His former law enforcement career and his investigative abilities often have been employed to track down individuals wanted by the Inquisition. He is very pragmatic and cautious, yet loyal to his team mates to a fault, he is often seen as stubborn and can become tunnel-sighted in terms of his objectives. He goes to great lengths to protect Imperial citizens (even individually), which is often looked down upon by other Inquisitors, though it has earned him many allies and contacts.

1st Lt. Vendrek Hellmann (The Stormtrooper). Hellmann is a former Inquisitorial Storm trooper officer. He is the longest member of Ehrhardt's retinue, and served with Ehrhardt with his former Inquisitor when Ehrhardt was an Interrogator. Ehrhardt and Hellmann met during a combat against a Chaos cult which involved them fighting a veteran Alpha Legion marine leading a group of cultists (along with two squads of Inquisitorial Storm Troopers) which resulted in the rest of the troops, the first Inquisitor Ehrhardt served under, and several others dying. Ehrhardt and Hellmann managed to kill the marine, but barely survived. They have been fast friends since. Hellmann is tenacious, tactically minded, discipline, selfless, extremely loyal, and a hell of a fighter. He often runs tactical command on missions, though he is technically third in the chain of command.

Eneril Teffig (The Ex-Imperial Guard Field Surgeon/ Torturer): Eneril the first individual other than Hellmann to join Ehrhardt's retinue. Teffig joined Ehrhardt's retinue when their former Inquisitor went missing, and left instructions for Teffig to join Ehrhardt. Teffig is a former Imperial Guard field surgeon, who got into trouble for performing "medical experiments" on chaos tainted enemies. He was saved from execution by Inquisitor Defenial (Ehrhardt's former Inquisitor), and served him as a medical expert/ torturer, which he continues to do for Ehrhardt. He has a calm, cold, and collected demeanor, and is known to make jokes in humor so morbid, they are generally out of taste.

Marberry (the Mutant): Marberry is a mutant who saved Ehrhardt's life early in his career as an Inquisitor when Ehrhardt was pursing a smuggler of Chaos-tainted artifacts in the waste zones of a hive cities underbelly. Ehrhardt was impressed by Marberry's selflessness and surprisingly, his devotion to the Imperium. Marberry is not only a psyker, but serves as Ehrhardt's savant. Marberry was abandoned at a young age by upper hive members in a forgotten dome of the underhive. Here he found a great library, and studied for many years while honing his psychic powers. Oddly enough, he found great devotion to the Imperium based on the texts he read (as propaganda based as they may be), and also named himself after a benevolent Imperial planetary governor from ages past. He also learned important lessons about surviving in the wastes of the underhive, and all of these combined make him a great addition to Ehrhardt's team. Marberry is friendly, somewhat shy, but fiercely loyal to his comrades for taking him in, and despite being an outcast of the human race, he fights devotedly for them.

Denil Targo (The Interrogator). Denil was recruited by the Schola Progenium at a young age, when his parents, and supposedly his brother (who were hive gangers) were killed. He worked for Ehrhardt for a while before Ehrhardt decided he had the right abilities to be an Interrogator, and promoted him. He is ambitious, thorough, intelligent, daring, and highly able with a blade. His arrogance often causes him to get into scuffles with his teammates, but at the end of the day no one doubts his commit to preserving the Imperium and bringing justice to it's enemies.

Jull Targo (the Ganger). Jull is Denil's older brother who was supposedly killed by gangers. He was actually rather badly injured (and lost a foot), but survived. Unable to contact his brother, he became a gun for hire in the underhive of Denil and Jull's homeworld, and worked for a number of gangs, becoming a gunslinger of some fame. He also spent what time he had working on vehicles and other mechanical devices, which has given him some mechanical aptitude. Jull joined the team when Denil found a lead on his brother's existance, and asked Ehrhardt to help him investigate, leading to a reunion. The opposite of his brother in almost every way except for their hot-headed nature, Jull is brash, loud, less than savory, and a scoundrel. He does however have a great sense of humor, and much more importantly is a great mechanic and gunfighter.

Harker Schwartz (Gun-for-Hire): Harker is a paid hitman, commonly operating as an assassin for different crime syndicates. He is silent, reserved, professional, and incredibly thorough and analytical. He recently joined up with Ehrhardt as an opportunity to continue to ply his trade with no risk of legal repercussion.

Shira Trenz (Bounty Huntress): Shira is the most recent addition to Ehrhardt's retinue, and has been hired to help Ehrhardt track and apprehend criminals. Shira is a hardened bounty hunter from Necromunda, and has worked from everyone from the Adeptus Arbites to Underhive gangers. She has an iron will, nerves of steel, and a sarcastic attitude, however she is generally very friendly and probably the most personable of Ehrhardt's crew.
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 6:32 am

really interesting characters you got going on! its a shame you cant find the rest of the back story Sad you made any progress with the painting?
Back to top Go down
Sabotage!

PostSubject: Re: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:53 am

Thanks, I appreciate it! I haven't touched these guys yet (I'm probably just going to give them an extra wash as you suggested and touch up the highlights on the cloth, maybe touch up the skin on the hive ganger too.), I've been currently finishing up some models for a game called Wreck-Age (I'll probably have them finish today), and I think I'm going to look at my 40k stuff next.
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:33 pm

Good stuff mate, looking forward to seeing the results. I am currently stuck in bed with the flu so no modeling or painting for me this weekend! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sabotage!

PostSubject: Re: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:15 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, it's been a while since I've come down with the flu, but I don't remember it being pleasant! I wish you a speedy recovery!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*   Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sabotage's Inquisition Models *Pic Heavy*
Page 1 of 1