Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
precentor_james

precentor_james

The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers Empty
PostSubject: The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers   The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:35 pm

Ok. Played my first game today against my daughter. I stayed home from work, and she's in Kindergarten, so only a half day from her. She played as my old Ork squad from GorkaMorka, the Green Team. I played as my new Eldar squad, Khaine's Killers. Now, as she is only 5, I end up doing all of her paperwork for her, while she moves the models, rolls her own dice, and giggles a lot.

Sadly, I did not realize that my camera was broken, so no pics confused Not a huge deal, though, not much to see here, my Eldar are unpainted, and my Orks are old, and therefore, suck.

This was my first go with the rules, so if anyone catches any errors I made in play, let me know. Think I did ok, much fun was had by all, and if I came across something I didn't know, I filled in an appropriate fix slapped together from GorkaMorka or Necromunda.

Being a dry run and all, I kept it simple. My daughter's squad, consisting of 7 Orks and 7 gretchins with varying stages of armaments, faced off against my 6 Eldar, loaded for bear (she's 5, I handicap her).

In the opening turn, Orks go first, the girl uses her customary opening dash, which I have taken to calling "Hey diddle, diddle, straight up the middle." I keep telling her how cover works, and she keeps ignoring, so her forward elements have no cover to speak of. On the other hand, my outnumbered space fairies are well positioned. The opening exchange of fire is predictably one sided. I knock out two gretchin OOA...hey, I like this game. As I recall, she hit one of my guardians, but my rolls (for a change) were good and nothing came of it.

In Turn two, her 'Getchin farters' (I think she is trying to say fodder, but it's cute anyway) charge me. Her supporting fire is decently effective, but my officers more than hold their own in hand to hand against Gretchin. Also, my guardians are doing their level best to replicate a 'bladestorm' and all that lack of cover is still going on. Final tally: one guardian OOA to supporting fire from the Boyz, two Gretchin OOA from melee with my BA officers, One Ork OOA from Guardian fire, and one more Gretchin injured by Guardian fire.

Oops, time for a rout test. There is an interesting house rule in effect here that I forgot to mention. Sammi always passes rout tests. (It is difficult for me to not call it a bottle test. Old habits...)

Turn 3, James curse of the clutch situation dice rolling comes into effect. More greenskins get to charge, and the supporting fire hurts! My leader is wounded, and another Guardian is down for the count. This means another rout test, this time on my side.

Another house rule I feel I should mention, only slightly less important than the last...Daddy always voluntarily routs. jocolor Hmm, does that look enough like a Harlequin?

In all, I had a blast, Sammi had a blast, and it gave her an excuse to wear her 'War Hat'. In the post game, my rolls came out fairly favorable. Only one Guardian was really injured. The other was fine, and my Leader recovered. -whew- Sammi got a lot of loot and xp for her gang, er...squad. She now wants to buy a Trash Kan. I don't have a model for that. Darn! Fortunately my town has a GW store...off to the mall!
Back to top Go down
http://counterfett.blogspot.com
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers   The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Your team name just made me go watch this again lol.

http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/ew2
(probably not totally work safe)

Thanks for the work of posting this up!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers   The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:07 am

Dude... if we had a battle report award... YOU get it! Excellent! Few (nice) observations...

* I see that you experience the 'power' of the 'Cover Fire'.
The fact that you HAVE to Declare Charges 1st (mark your intended target!) allowed Sammi to shot and weaken you (maybe Knocked Down or Stun) and makes the Charger easier to finish you. Just Kidding It may backfire... your cover fire may take the enemy OOA, thus the Charger will FAIL the charge, ending up kicking a dead corpse, completely open to retaliation!

* You forgot MY House Rule.
If your name starts with S and has at least 2 M's, you your Gretchings have an Inv Save of 2+.

* Entrenchment
If someone Charges a model that is on Cover, the defender gets +1 WS for the 1st turn as he is entrenched. Death Korps gain +2.

* Gretchins are Cowards
Make sure that an Ork Officer is close by the Grots so they can charge... or that 2 or more Declare Charge to the same target!

* Hey diddle, diddle, straight up the middle.
Tell her to yell WAAAGH!

* Gretchins and Routing
Gretchins count as half for routing.... so if she lost 3, she did not needed to rout yet. CHEATER! I will tale on you!

Tell Sammi she needs to paint the models and put pictures! I will post my Gretchins when I finish... she will like 'em!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
precentor_james

precentor_james

PostSubject: Re: The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers   The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:08 am

One of the Guardians chirruped, a nothing sound, it could be a small bird, even a large rodent, but to Lazeth it sounded as out of place in this blighted, dead city as laughter at a funeral. A minute twitch of body language drew the Eldar's attention to what the guardian had seen, a swatch of moving green skin between the shattered buildings in front of their position. Lazeth glanced back at Soreth, in his position near the warlock. The Scorpion Aspirant nodded, he had marked the presence of the true owners of this city as well. There was no rushing the warlock's ritual, they would just have to hold this position, come what may.

Lazeth glanced around, though he knew without looking that the Guardians would be ready. He saw to his own devices. His shuriken pistol read at full, his chainsword was readied, needing only activation.

A roar arose from the front, the Orks had seen them. Lazeth thumbed the sword to life, the revolving blades purring as if in anticipation of the fray. Gretchin and larger, darker Orks were pouring through the gaps in the building, heedless of the storm of monomolecular disks the Guardians were pouring into the mass of bodies.

Shots were pinging around them now, but the Eldar were wise enough to use the cover the Orks had forsaken, and Khaine was with his chosen, as Lazeth had known he would be.

Then, the Gretchin charge hit, and suddenly Soreth was beside him, and together they saw off the first wave. Fortunately, the leading edge of the charge had not the impetus to sweep past the two Scorpions and into the more inexperienced Guardians. The cowardly Gretchin fell back, momentarily more afraid of the green armored Eldar than of their green-skinned Ork masters. They switched back to Shuriken weaponry, pouring more fire into the still approaching Orks. The disks were hitting the larger brutes now, Lazeth saw one fall after a telling shot from one of the Guardians.

The fire was getting hotter from the Orks, now, and Lazeth saw in his peripheral vision one of the Guardians stumble and slide to the ground beside his cover. There was a flash of fire and a heavy, crude Ork bullet hit him and spun him around. The breath was slammed from his chest, but the old Scorpion held to his feet, his still running chainsword throwing clods of turf behind him as he used the tip to hold himself upright. Soreth was yelling, but Lazeth couldn't hear the meaning.

Then a voice, cool as glacier meltwate, was in Lazeth's head. "Let us leave this place," the Warlock told him, "I have what we came for."

Last edited by precentor_james on Wed May 05, 2010 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid stupid spelling errors.)
Back to top Go down
precentor_james

precentor_james

PostSubject: Re: The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers   The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:14 am

Mordheimer wrote:

* Gretchins are Cowards
Make sure that an Ork Officer is close by the Grots so they can charge... or that 2 or more Declare Charge to the same target!

* Gretchins and Routing
Gretchins count as half for routing.... so if she lost 3, she did not needed to rout yet. CHEATER! I will tale on you!

Well, I somehow missed both of these points. On the one hand, she REALLY beat me then. On the other, she would not have been able to keep my Officers busy with the blood of her Gretchin, and would have got her Boyz shredded. Call it a wash.

Guess I need a rulebook longer than one day to run a game! Dreadnought

Tried making a short-story-esque explanation of the battle, as well as a just reason for my fearless elite Eldar strike team to run like lily livers. And also explain why my warlock didn't fry some Ork Brains. It wasn't that I didn't want to do that to my little girl. He was doing something.
Back to top Go down
precentor_james

precentor_james

PostSubject: Re: The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers   The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:07 am

Played the second battle of this last night. I am off work early today, so I will likely have the report posted by this afternoon...should I just do it as a reply to this thread or start a new one? Implemented more of the rules correctly (thanks Mordhiemer) and my daughter says that now she's a big girl, we can play with no (Sammi victory) house rules. Yay! my girl is so grown up!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers   The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:38 pm

Sad They grow up so fast! Sad

Start a new thread... AND TAKE PICTURES! The Mordheimer likes purty pictures! Very Happy

GO SAMMI!!!
I have $1 on you girl!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers   The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Green Team Vs. Khaine's Killers
Page 1 of 1