Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kia ora from New Zealand

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiwi

Kiwi

Kia ora from New Zealand Empty
PostSubject: Kia ora from New Zealand   Kia ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:07 am

I found out about death squads on Tom's Boring Mordheim forum and I was instantly hooked. I have abandoned my mercenaries for the time being to start a Catachan squad (which will probably take a while due to my inability to paint more than two guys a week). The rules look great and I'm hoping to get my friend into it but he seems intent on mordheim.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kia ora from New Zealand   Kia ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:10 am

Kiwi

Hey!

Trust me I fully understand stopping other projects to stay on this one. The new Catachan squad is pretty cool and the Catachan's are a neat squad. They are like the US Marine Corp or you could model them after a New Zealand type assault squad.

Welcome to the group.

Regards,

Andy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kia ora from New Zealand   Kia ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:32 pm

WELCOME!!! Very happy you joined us.
Kiwi wrote:
... but he seems intent on mordheim.
Tell your friend that few people in this planet were as intense or dedicate to Mordheim than Da Bank (he was an original Rules-MOD and still volunteers on the SG Mordheim site) and or myself (I authored one of the biggest Mordheim resources, www.Mordheimer.com , although I think that Tom's is THE best place now!)

As you play Death Squads you will notice LOTS of similarities to Mordheim... but it is NOT Mordheim-in-Space. Necromunda fans feel this is Updated-Necromunda... but it is NOT. Instead, this started as a merger of few concepts, but it quickly became a system on its own. We paid great attention to the math, so it feels balance no matter which Squad you play... and each Squad feels different.

You will see that is your friend plays Mordians, he would tend to move in 'groups' or 'formations' staying away and shooting, while you (playing Catachans) will tend to 'stalk' and get close for the kill (rather than shooting.) They are BOTH Imperial Guard, but they play and feel completely unique (unlike the Mordheim's mercenaries that feel fairly homogeneous to me!) We 'fixed' many issues we saw lacking in Necromunda and Mordheim, plus made TONS of things that really work for the game.

Tell your buddy that the BEST part of Death Squads is... this is YOUR game too! This is a game by fans for fans! This is about YOUR adventures and YOUR models (yes... I love me some pictures of your models too!) and YOUR enjoyment! You find something weird... go ahead, let us know! We always listen. You feel like a particular Squad is missing? Shoot us a note... it may already be on the works and you could help play-test it.

So... welcome! Don't forget to join the Prisoner Exchange)... hehehe... it is about friendship and sharing, rather than painting! See you around!

PS: FYI... Da Bank has an experimental Kroot Vulture named Kiwi... I think he died horribly. He should tell you how... Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kia ora from New Zealand   Kia ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:34 am

Thanks guys,
I think I have managed to sway my friend towards Death Squads (he does have an extensive 40k collection) but I'm hoping he doesn't choose orks, those guys look nasty pale .

Quote :
FYI... Da Bank has an experimental Kroot Vulture named Kiwi... I think he died horribly. He should tell you how...
LOL Our department of conservation won't be to happy about that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kia ora from New Zealand   Kia ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:27 am

Heheheh... Kiwi seemed to be a flightless bird!

Good luck playing Death Squads please keep up posted on your battle reports! And don't worry about Orks... they are balanced!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kia ora from New Zealand   Kia ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Here is what they did to Kiwi and his family.

Kia ora from New Zealand 02d97d78-faad-4eab-b794-fff269db7a91
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kia ora from New Zealand   Kia ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:13 pm

... mean... chuckle
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kia ora from New Zealand   Kia ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:39 am

LOL He died a noble death. No doubt the Warthogs didn't go hungry after that battle.
Not sure how to respond to that picture.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kia ora from New Zealand   Kia ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:11 am

sorry Kiwi I thought I had posted in here.

Welcome to the Death Squads forum board.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Sandormen

Sandormen

PostSubject: Re: Kia ora from New Zealand   Kia ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:27 am

Welcome Kiwi!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kia ora from New Zealand   Kia ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:48 pm

Thanks guys for the warm welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kia ora from New Zealand   Kia ora from New Zealand I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kia ora from New Zealand
Page 1 of 1