Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy

Go down 
+3
Da Bank
franzyland
Lord GreyWolf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy Empty
PostSubject: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:20 am

ok the following miniature was inspired by this picture from the TLRB:

Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy ?ui=2&ik=93ca006906&view=att&th=128e2af2eadc3a35&attid=0

so here is my poor attempt at converting him.

Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy:
Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy 1005172 Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy 1005173g
Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy 1005176x Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy 1005177x

the story behind why I did this was due to one of my Ar'd boyz OOA'ing three Imperial renegades, [HWS, Sergeant, Militant...and one of these guys actually DIED!!!] he was armed with two pistols... boy was he having a good game... to honour that I decided to convert him up to the for mentioned pic.

the conversion was an interesting one to do very very fiddly. but as for the paint job he looks so much better in real life then these pics can show.

I am going to have to tone down the ammo i made it that colour as he has bionic arms and you'd miss seeing the arms all together.

I'll prolly spend the next few days re-doing/touching up the mini anyway... OCD anyone.... well enjoy/laugh/curse/deconstruct/bash away!!!

oh well it was a good idea....*shrug*

Cheers
LGW

Last edited by Lord GreyWolf on Sat May 29, 2010 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
franzyland

franzyland

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:59 am

What did you use for the ammo belts? they are very cool
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:29 am

This is pretty cool. It took me a minute to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:53 am

franzyland wrote:
What did you use for the ammo belts? they are very cool

tooth picks... spent a bit of time cutting them to bullet size.

Da Bank wrote:
This is pretty cool. It took me a minute to figure it out.

the pics that franzyland saw earlier had the ammo a lot bright I re did the ink over the ammo and then re-posted the pics. they still might change as I might do some more touch up so you can acutally tell what your looking at.

But its weird the pics make it look dark and that you can see no detail yet the actual mini is great, I can see the metal arms, his clothing and face stand out but when I take the pic it losses all of that....

*shrug*

Cheers
LGW

Dak Dak will be his name is the first in the B'ork Squad I am doing....

"Da Resistance dis futile"
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:03 am

Orks are the ABSOLUTE COOLEST minis in 40K; AND that sucker is among the COOLEST of the COOL. VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:18 am

DeafNala wrote:
Orks are the ABSOLUTE COOLEST minis in 40K; AND that sucker is among the COOLEST of the COOL. VERY WELL DONE! What a Face

my next creation will be Iron Jaw McDraw

unfortunately he had an accident which had his legs amputated now he is Iron Rider... you'll see what I mean when I finish him... Also got the pain boy, weird boy...

If you haven't already figured out these are not your normal orks these a B'orks.... half ork half bionics.... Da Resistance dis futile." got yet????

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:33 am

WOW! Dude... you hit the ball out of the park! THAT IS AMAZING!!! DAKKA-DAKKA!!!!!! Greatest model ever! Great job.... hahahah!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
VonHagel

VonHagel

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:19 pm

I think this pretty much coins the phrase ''over the top''

You had a good idea and ran with it, the result speaks for it self, he is really a good show peice aswell.

Which seems like the only possible critique I have for him, he is raised very high on the base which could
mean some gaming difficulties.

My first thought was ''WOW he had got to have looted a lot of kids to get that many amobelts...

TOOTHPICKS!? They look amazing, pad yourself on the back.

Von Hagel
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:22 pm

VonHagel wrote:
I think this pretty much coins the phrase ''over the top''

You had a good idea and ran with it, the result speaks for it self, he is really a good show peice aswell.

Which seems like the only possible critique I have for him, he is raised very high on the base which could
mean some gaming difficulties

My first thought was ''WOW he had got to have looted a lot of kids to get that many amobelts...

TOOTHPICKS!? They look amazing, pad yourself on the back.

Von Hagel

The basing was done for one reason and one reason only....

the ammo belts would get in the way. since he is a bit higher then the other units he won't impact on them to much. Same reason I did the IG Special Character The Urban Marksman so high his gun stuck out so far he would get caught in enemy units that attacked him in close combat. plus it makes him stand out more in the crowd. Dak Dak has a big inflated opinion about himself... either that or he is trying to compensate for something...

cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
franzyland

franzyland

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:24 pm

So the toothpicks are glued to a twisty tie. Is that correct? Like on a bread bag.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:37 pm

franzyland wrote:
So the toothpicks are glued to a twisty tie. Is that correct? Like on a bread bag.

yup that is correct.

I had done it before just gluing the tooth picks together but a knock would break them off. having this meant I could shape the bread tie onto the gun first then add the ammo once I got into the shape I like. this was fiddly but worth it in the end....

not sure if you notice in the pic but there is alot of detail not shown.

• I re-positioned the leg so it was resting on the broken wall.
  • added cleats to the base of his boots. [as per the drawing from TLRB]
  • added goggles to his face.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Very nice, I love the bionic arms.
Just a thought but you might want to have something behind him, the recoil of those would surely knock him off his feet.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:10 am

The model is a great recreation of the drawing... in all Ork violence, Dakka and stupidity. That said, the base is too tall to be 'legally' playable. Same thing with the Urban Sniper. If a model may not be able to move base-to-base to this guy, no problem... turn the model until they can... if not, then just note that they are base-to-base. That is easier to manage that having the guys always being taller, which affects LoS. Sure, on a friendly game it is OK... bu just like some people like WYSIWYG models, some like to use the terrain to check LoS.

But that is MY opinion... when I go to NZ and we play, I won't make a fuzz. I promise. Wink

@ Kiwi: This is a model of the Ork illustration on TLRB v0.5.1b... before the Squad's Section.... bit by bit.... from the rock on the floor, to the dual Kustom Blastas. Take a look at the drawing... then at the model. It is FANTASTIC!
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:44 am

Mordheimer wrote:
The model is a great recreation of the drawing... in all Ork violence, Dakka and stupidity. That said, the base is too tall to be 'legally' playable. Same thing with the Urban Sniper. If a model may not be able to move base-to-base to this guy, no problem... turn the model until they can... if not, then just note that they are base-to-base. That is easier to manage that having the guys always being taller, which affects LoS. Sure, on a friendly game it is OK... bu just like some people like WYSIWYG models, some like to use the terrain to check LoS.

But that is MY opinion... when I go to NZ and we play, I won't make a fuzz. I promise. Wink

@ Kiwi: This is a model of the Ork illustration on TLRB v0.5.1b... before the Squad's Section.... bit by bit.... from the rock on the floor, to the dual Kustom Blastas. Take a look at the drawing... then at the model. It is FANTASTIC!

LOL LOL

:@:Mord: thx for your comments..... i like the bases and quite frankly if any campaign is ran in my area it will be me doing it....so well as head honcho the bases are fine and will be legal..... Mr. Burns

please come to NZ it would be great we could have the pacific area meeting....

Cheers
lgw
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 4:27 am

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
Sure... just checked... need 29 hours for flight (each way) and US $3,000. I could make it... someday. AT my current rate of savings, barring no emergencies, I could do it in ... 4 years. By then we could be playing Tyranids! MAYBE...
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 8:30 am

Mordheimer wrote:
Lord GreyWolf wrote:
Sure... just checked... need 29 hours for flight (each way) and US $3,000. I could make it... someday. AT my current rate of savings, barring no emergencies, I could do it in ... 4 years. By then we could be playing Tyranids! MAYBE...

LOL LOL

not cheap... well NZ is the first country in the world to see the new day. [infact Gisborne is the town that sees the suns rays first....]

where else would you find Hobbits... dam stupid LOTR....mumble grumble mumble grumble......

Will post my Ork Nob From the B'Orks soon in the few minutes or so will Start a new thread for the B'Orks

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy   Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Da Dakka Dakka Ar'd Boy
Page 1 of 1