Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol

Go down 
+2
Mordheimer
ofstatic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ofstatic

Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol Empty
PostSubject: Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol   Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 12:23 pm

I am about to start an eldar squad for an ongoing 4 player campagin. I played a test game last night to get a feel for the rules. When equipping my characters I paid the 1 extra point to give them Shuriken Pistols instead of Lasguns. Is there any reason not to do this? The shuri pistol seems superior.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol   Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi! WELCOME!

They reason is that they are ALSO rare (hard to find)... the best moment to get them is before the campaign starts, but your Squad is smaller. Rarity translates into money saving, thus all units, weapons, armor & wargear can be compared across the board. The exact calculations are slightly complicated (and proprietary)... but as the campaign progresses and you need weapons, you will see it will be easier to buy Lasguns (no rarity) than Shuriken Pistols!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
ofstatic

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol   Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:11 pm

So its better to spam shuri pistols during squad creation than to spam las pistols?
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol   Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:18 pm

ofstatic wrote:
So its better to spam shuri pistols during squad creation than to spam las pistols?

yup looks that way....

the Shuriken pistol is S4 AP5 Vs Las-pistol S3 AP6...

The other main difference is the Las-pistol can use special ammo. Hotshot power pack which adds +1 to S and +1 to AP but also gives the overheat rule...

So just depends on your style of play.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol   Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:23 pm

This is also done on purpose... remember that Eldar prefer to use Shuriken weapons. Laspistols ARE allowed on the fluff (check 40k's RT & 3rd Ed). Wink
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol   Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:26 pm

Can't the shariken pistol use dum dum bullets also?
Back to top Go down
The ISH

The ISH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol   Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:39 pm

That's debatable... according to comments by the designers else where on this forum, shuriken weapons can use dum-dum bullets. According to some of those same designers, whether this is intended or not is still up for grabs.

Frankly, I don't like the idea... The Space Elves have enough going for them already.
Back to top Go down
dono1979

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol   Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:42 pm

Keep in mind that if you outfit all the starting recuit group exclusively with Shuriken Pistol, if you ever take some casualties and then want to replace them into the same recruit group it is going to be a little harder to do than if they had of been armed with Laspistols.

-Dono
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol   Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:20 am

Hmmm... true. Never though about that one. I don't play fairies, but the same applies to other Squads. Thanks for the hint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol   Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shuriken Pistol over Laspistol
Page 1 of 1