Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)

Go down 
+6
Laney
jd3
Mordheimer
edward
Da Bank
styggisen
10 posters
AuthorMessage
styggisen

styggisen

Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Empty
PostSubject: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Ok, this is a spinoff from another thread but I thought it was time for my Eldar to get it's own thread and that I take some time off reading and complaining about the rules Just Kidding .

I will use this mostly to get my painting going, so please remind me if this doesn't get updated fast enough Wink
The plan is to get at least 1 officer or 2 recruits ready every week.( I got kids so...)
The squad is just 3 games old so the guardians doesn't have catapults yet but we fake it for now Wink, on my purchase list is at least two guardians with shuriken pistols, and on hold is another two models with catapults (they are base coated)

I will try and fix the yellowness of the pictures but not tonight;)

The standard I am aiming at is "just" gaming standard, I have some Mechanicus and some IG that need attending too, and then there is the battleground that need some work...
So the painting has to be done in about two nights that is aprox 5 hours for me.

Sadly the bone colour is done in 5-8 layers so it takes some time...(Tausept Ochre - Badab wash - Tausept Ochre - Tausept Ochre adding water and Astronomican Gray a couple of times - adding Bleached Bone to the mix - and some White to the mix just on some small details Sleep )

Now to the squad:

Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Bone-dragons
This is the whole bunch so far, will be needing some more guardians (especially with shuriken pistols but I think I wait a while. The whole squad will get some more basing with a little grass but I like to do a bunch at a time so...

Officers:

EXARCH
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Exarch-1
This one is done for now. Need to go over him again later but he is playable so it will have to wait. What needs to be done: Change the colour of the sight to bright blue instead, add some spiritstones on the "black" areas, Paint the barrel in a more greenish colour, more?

STRIKING SCORPION
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Striking-scorpion
Painted this ones weapons with some metal on it and it looks so much better then the "black" ones so guess the rest of the gang is up for a repaint someday...

AVENGER1
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Avenger1-1
Done for now but he will need the same attention as the leader...

AVENGER2
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Avenger2-1
see above Smile

WARLOCK
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Warlock-1
I'm using my old Faarseer until I buy another one, really like this model so I will roam e-bay when it is time, or buy the new one with big "horns" Wink

GUARDIANS
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Guardian2-1
Done but will get some more spiritstones (in deep red?) Not to happy about the way the green face turned out, suggestions? The squad is supposed to be a offspring from the Ulthwe Craftworld so it need to fit into that.

Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Guardian1-1
The other one, battle painted Smile

EXODITES
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Exodite2-1Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Exodite1-1
These two has just gotten their "base coat" (yellow, wash, yellow) this will be my project the next week Smile (I am saving the Ranger models for any promotion)
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Guardian12Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Guardian21
Ok, now these too are ready to do some damage Smile

WRAITHGUARD
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Wraithguard-1
Need to redo some of the "text" and add some different colour spiritstones but for now he is finished...

Like input and will update within the week Smile

Last edited by styggisen on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:12 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added pictures)
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 7:59 pm

What happened to the Warlock's head? It looks like Greedo from Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:38 pm

Da Bank wrote:
What happened to the Warlock's head? It looks like Greedo from Star Wars.
Da banks right

btw really like the minis
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:04 am

Greedo... that is HILARIOUS!

ANYWAYS... how you did the thorny vines? They are awesome! Tutorial?
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:20 am

Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:05 am

Great overall effect and real nice paint work (I'd love to see some close ups (particularly of the thorny vines - very well done!)

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:14 am

PRETTY COOL! The bone effect on the armor turned out VERY NICELY. I LOVE the script on the Wraith Guy's helmet. VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordoten

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:08 pm

Skitfula!!! Just Kidding Wink
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:20 pm

You mean "Skitfula" like this...

Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Fugly

or like this?

Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Humor_vice_fugly2254

hehehe... you made me LOOK for the word! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Svenn

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:35 pm

Wow, that totally does look like Greedo!

Someone should do a Star Wars themed Squad. :-D
Back to top Go down
http://tabletopgeeks.com/
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:37 pm

darth-vader theme death korp?
Back to top Go down
styggisen

styggisen

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:04 am

Ok, now that the exodites are "finished" I kind of regret having the white/black theme. It was ok with the avengers as they had blue helmets but with the guardians and the exodites they just look like they are unfinished, don't you think?
Thinking about going red for the helmets instead, like the wraithcannons nozzle...

Up next: the Striking scorpion Smile

And yes, it was Greedos dad that stood model for the "Warlock" so there might be similarities Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:57 am

how did i miss this loving the work the bleach bone i take it colour scheme really looks good and loving each and every model cant wait to see how the striking scorpion ends up like.

keep it up

w-o-t-w
Back to top Go down
styggisen

styggisen

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:21 pm

Striking scorpion ready!
My shoulders is hurting, I did this bugger tonight in one sitting 2h+ (except the base coat)
I think he turned out nice, need to buy the exarch also so I get my hands on "The Claw" Wink

His weapons looks so much more finished with other colours as well as black so I will probably do some adjustments to the team later on.

Not sure what to paint next, need some guardians with shuriken pistols to the gang but I don't have any yet so perhaps I'll take a brake and do some Dark Mechanicum instead this week.

Left on my to do list:
New Warlock with Bone Armour
Probobly a Swooping Hawk Smile
Guardians with pistols
Ranger in Bone Armour
Basing (add some grass and skulls Wink )
Go over everyone and do some small stuff...

/styggisen
Back to top Go down
styggisen

styggisen

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:20 pm

Ok, went over the lot and did some basing, updated the guns with some gold and changed the face-colour of the guardians to white. It made a difference I think, but with these close-ups they look ugly as hell Wink
Need to paint some spiritstones on the guns in green and they are done cheers (for now)
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Striking-scorpion6
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Guardian61
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Guardian6
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Exodite61
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Exodite6
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Exarch6
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Avenger61
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Avenger6
Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) Wraithguard6

Did a group photo but it was too fuzzy, will do another try later...

Will be giving my Mechanicus some attention and wait for the next LRB before I do anything more with this lot...

Cheers

/styggisen
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:29 pm

VERY NICE! The bases add a finishing touch to your FINE WORK. VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)   Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bone Dragons (Eldar WIP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: