Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Eldar and Mechanicus

Go down 
+6
Da Bank
Mordheimer
The ISH
Lord GreyWolf
VonHagel
styggisen
10 posters
AuthorMessage
styggisen

styggisen

My Eldar and Mechanicus Empty
PostSubject: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi, here are my two warbands I have collected to use in Death Squads .

They haven't seen any action yet but I'm working on it, my friends and I seems to have other things to do Shocked

The Eldars are from my 40K army and the Mechanicus was my pit slaves in necromunda before we got tired of the somewhat "bad" rules.

I haven't had the time to paint the Avengers yet even though they soon celebrate their second "assembled day ". All my spare time goes into painting my witch hunters for mordheim right now Rolling Eyes
I'm thinking about dropping some equipment to get some more guys to start with but still I like the models to have similar equipment as you see on them(counts as) so any suggestions?

My Eldar and Mechanicus PICT3539

The mechanicus is another story, I've already put some effort in the bunch so I'll try and flex the cadians to make them fit. I also have 2 flayed ones (necron) witch I'm going to paint so I get some robotic close combat guys.

My Eldar and Mechanicus PICT3540

what do you think?

/styggisen
Back to top Go down
VonHagel

VonHagel

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:43 pm

*sheds a tear* Those Eldar models really take me back to reading battle reports in in 2nd edition, in-between classes the 2nd grade... Man those were good times Laughing

And it especially warms my heart to see the old farseer with some superbly painted thorns on his cloak, great job!

I am not too psyched about the orange colour on your mechanicus, but to each his own I guess, I do think it's awesome choice of models, and I like the dark tone on them.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:14 pm

I like the Orange boiler room suits.

As for the Adeptus Mechanicus they will be coming but in due course.

Still working on the Gun-servitor Hired gun. this will be a great add on to a squad.
there will be close combat versions as well coming but great things take time.

nice work on the Eldar.... [considering they are SPACE FAIRIES]
look forward to seeing the finished squad.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
The ISH

The ISH

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:19 pm

Very nice; I always like to see the space elves looking space-y and elf-y.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:39 am

The hidden GEM is the thorny vices! Those are VERY hard to do... and you have them there like nothing! Great job on that robe!

The Mechanicum.... super nice!!!! Love the color. I may have to 'borrow' that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:46 am

I can't say I love the Eldar as they (the eldar) might take it wrong way. LOL.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:17 am

Da Bank wrote:
I can't say I love the Eldar as they (the eldar) might take it wrong way. LOL.

I for one won't go into the rumor that Eldar (Elves) are gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide...the minis are COOL, although not reaching the UBERCOOLNESS of the Mech Guys. VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:50 pm

i love the mechanicus guys!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:16 pm

DeafNala wrote:
are gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide...

HAHAHAHAH!!! I have to remember that!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:17 pm

such hate on the eldar i am hurt.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:51 am

The freehand work on the eldar is exceptional and the colour scheme on the mechanicus is really well executed and anyway whats not to like about a squad full of biomechanical brain morons lead by a guy who thinks a toaster should be prayed to! Good job - anything else to show?

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:55 am

@ Laney: I want to see and hear you say that next time you get on your car! The Omnissiah is ALWAYS listening! Salve, oh Great Machine Spirit!
Back to top Go down
The ISH

The ISH

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 4:26 am

Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
the patience to accept what I cannot,
and PLASMA CANNONS FOR HANDS. Amen.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 4:56 pm

laney you blasmpher
praise the machine spirit
Back to top Go down
styggisen

styggisen

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Thanx for all the nice comments!!! Very Happy

Will be posting a few close-ups of the mechanic guys later this week, even though they are a sad bunch created with the "devlan mud effect" Cheese and my photographic skill is 0. (anybody know a good tutorial on taking geeky pictures? or I'll just google...)
The next mecha up for painting is one or two flayed ones, they were supposed to be my knife fighters in necromunda and inq28 but I guess they'll be sergeants with two weapons here.

Won't zoom in on the eldar and ruin all the good words on my painting skills but since I didn't know the rules when I made them I missed the rarity level restriction so the Dire avengers needs to be substituted for something else. (wraithguard to keep the numbers down?Wink)

Oh, and praise the machine god and it's squigs...

/styggisen
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:35 pm

My Eldar and Mechanicus Touched_pirate
Back to top Go down
styggisen

styggisen

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Some more pics of my two squads. (sorry for the lack of focus in some of the pictures I did it with the intent of covering up my sloppy painting Wink )

These Eldar is going to meet the spraycan tomorrow.
My Eldar and Mechanicus Eldar
I am very tempted to get the Wraithguard to my squad right away but I figure it will be suicide... Sad

My now Dark Mechanicus have made some new friends and I bought them as Imperial renegades, figure I'll go robotic instead of mutations

My Eldar and Mechanicus Mechanicus
The leader himself, clinging to a lasgun. Waiting for some creds to upgrade.

My Eldar and Mechanicus Sergant
His trusted Enforcer armed with a autogun, wanting that chainsword...

My Eldar and Mechanicus Preacher
The Preacher Originally I made this one for Inq28 as a psycher but he kind of fit the preacher role also Smile

My Eldar and Mechanicus Automaton
One of my Automatons (robots) or Sergeants if you will, right now the have knifes and grenades. Was thinking about making them shoot laserbeams out of their eyes just because the models is quite hard to convert into holding something... Have another one who awaits a paint job

My Eldar and Mechanicus Servitors
The servitors or Workers make good cannon fodder.

Now all I need is to get my hands on some good skitarii (militiamen) and assemble some of them with flamers Twisted Evil

/styggisen
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:19 am

Nice - the dark mechanicus squad already looking very impressive. What model did you use for the preacher (the tall gaunt look reallly works)?

Good quality conversions (nice mix of pieces - yet they all fit well). On the sergeant, the easiest way to convert him to holding a weapon would probably be to lose one of those talon hands and replace with a necron one holding the gauss flayer (which you could convert into a very nice mechanicus las/autogun) - just a suggestion.

Well done - look forward to seeing more

cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:31 am

ALL VERY COOL! I'm also a fan of The Preacher...the long face is what makes it for moi. VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
styggisen

styggisen

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 2:15 pm

Thanks for the nice comments Smile

Quote :
What model did you use for the preacher (the tall gaunt look reallly works)?
This: My Eldar and Mechanicus M1250362_99060112043_DEHaemondestructmain_224x160
Dark Eldar Haemonculus with Destructor
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Here's a pretty decent tutorial on taking photos with an average quality camera...Demonically Possessed Ones don't work wit ANYTHING: http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/tutorials-f18/tutorial-taking-photos-of-your-miniatures-by-hyun-t705.htm . What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Eldar and Mechanicus   My Eldar and Mechanicus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Eldar and Mechanicus
Page 1 of 1