Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some other pics of Squad Sturmm

Go down 
+2
Arachas
Major Sturmm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Major Sturmm

Major Sturmm

Some other pics of Squad Sturmm Empty
PostSubject: Some other pics of Squad Sturmm   Some other pics of Squad Sturmm I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:14 am

As promised! "Loooong" ago.

I decided to make another Major Sturmm. Using a Space Marine Scout model. Giving it Sturmm's head; another skin color (I kinda like the way it lookes on the winged Meathead: remember him?) and little touch of Chaos on his armor.

Some other pics of Squad Sturmm Major_12

There was also a request for another (better) pic of Braevis (Latin for: Tiny) the Renegade Ogryn. It's a good idea to take pics of your models as you can see your paintjob much better (or is that just me?) I think Braevis deserves a little more flesh color. he's kinda grey. What do you guys think?

Some other pics of Squad Sturmm Braevi12

Well, third and last one in this topic: the Squad that will have to do the job on sunday november 7th against either Colonel Prius or his brother the Eldar Exarch. Maybe there will be time for two battles? Hopefully!

Some other pics of Squad Sturmm Ds_stu12

From left to right: preacher Judaes, winged meathead, sarge "Barbie", trooper De La Vega, Major Sturmm, behind him; another meathead, enforcer Brutus Merciles, trooper O'Brien, sarge Bilko, third meathead, trooper Braevis and last but not least, our BBQ Gourmet Chef: trooper Burnes.

Any comments on the models are welcome as are requests for some close ups. Yes I know: the shiny stuff has still to disappear. Will buy some matt varnish.

Enjoy! Sturmm
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Some other pics of Squad Sturmm   Some other pics of Squad Sturmm I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:26 am

The shiney stuff is what I like about your models. They look so... eww.

Love the new Major Sturmm. Totally bad-ass...

Oh, and Braevis is spelled Brevis (if you want to do it in proper Latin, of course - otherwise go ahead).
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Some other pics of Squad Sturmm   Some other pics of Squad Sturmm I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:42 am

HOLY COW!!! Nice models!

I would suggest a white/beige background, rather than black. It 'eats' the color away... then again,. you Renegades are weird and are all about eating things. *shrug* From what I can see of the models...

Major Sturmm looks interesting... but the picture is so tiny! Hehehe... can I make a request? Can we get a picture of the OLD and NEW Major Sturmm models (side by side) and a little closer? Maybe with a non-black background? I liked that he looks 'horny'... hehehehe. Good model non-the-less!

Breavis... hahaha! First time I read his name (in the Battle Report) I misunderstood it as "Breve", which in Spanish means 'short' and I almost piss my pants. Now I got the 'corrected' name and I got sad... until I saw the Latin translation. HA! Funny stuff! This guy is AWESOME in many levels! Honestly, I really like his skin color! Yes, is kindda pale... ash... but it makes him look... weird. I mean it on the 'renegade way'! Then you made FANGS on this guy and he looks like he eats anything he wants... and the white eyes freak me out! The touch of red in the bottom makes the eye look like is popping out! AGGGHHH!!! Forgt that he has a hand-canon pointing at you... this guy screams MOVE OR DIE!!

My only constructive criticism would be the gun... looks very two-dimensional. Some highlights would help. OR... maybe is me, unable to see those magnificent details 'eaten' away by the black background. Excellent work on this model!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Some other pics of Squad Sturmm   Some other pics of Squad Sturmm I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:50 am

It does have more detail. White background, Sturmmy!

And where do you think 'breve' was derived from in the first place? hehe...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Some other pics of Squad Sturmm   Some other pics of Squad Sturmm I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:56 am

Arachas wrote:
And where do you think 'breve' was derived from in the first place? hehe...
Yes I know... DORK!... I meant that I though the Battle Report reads 'Breve' as a name... you know like John or Peter... unrelated to anything... I don't know, something in Dutch or German... whatever. Never though you guys were as witty as we are here when it comes to naming models (although Da Bank is king !!!)
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Some other pics of Squad Sturmm   Some other pics of Squad Sturmm I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:39 pm

Very cool - love the new Sturmm - he looks very hard.

The Ogryn's skin tone is spot on - I like the grey.

The whole squad looks ready to kill some loyalists!

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Major Sturmm

Major Sturmm

PostSubject: Re: Some other pics of Squad Sturmm   Some other pics of Squad Sturmm I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:38 pm

Thanks for the comments!
I'll see if I can lure the squad into doing some more catwalk.

Will do the request on Major Sturmm.

Yeah, the Ripper Gun isn't quite finished. A little more highlighting on his hardware would be nice. I see what you mean.

A white background?! Are you kidding?!! These are the Forces of Darkness for crying out loud! And you tell me to use a white background?

Okay. Will do.... ;-))

Howdie! Sturmm
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Some other pics of Squad Sturmm   Some other pics of Squad Sturmm I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:04 pm

Major Sturmm wrote:
A white background?! Are you kidding?!! These are the Forces of Darkness for crying out loud! And you tell me to use a white background?

OH MY GOD...THEY'RE OZZY'S BOYS! Shocked
Cool stuff...VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Some other pics of Squad Sturmm   Some other pics of Squad Sturmm I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:56 pm

Wow! These are great! I am impressed.

Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Some other pics of Squad Sturmm   Some other pics of Squad Sturmm I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:09 am

Hey... the only way to know how DARK this guys are is to... show 'em in the light! I mean, how else are we supposed to see the black spot on the heart of men if they keep swimming in a tar pit? Send them to a white-weeding reception and enjoy everyone gasp in horror! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some other pics of Squad Sturmm   Some other pics of Squad Sturmm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some other pics of Squad Sturmm
Page 1 of 1