Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Netherlands checking in Part II - Return of the Dutch

Go down 
+3
Mordheimer
Da Bank
Telruna
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Netherlands checking in Part II - Return of the Dutch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netherlands checking in Part II - Return of the Dutch   Netherlands checking in Part II - Return of the Dutch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Arachas wrote:
@Mord: in all honesty, I feel you're not doing the IG justice in saying they'll remain the same. UEP's are almost the same as regional platoons, no? A Mordian squad will play TONS different than a Catachan one. Maybe not starting out (well...) but certainly further into the campaign.

Well, the main difference between Regional Platoons (RPs) and Uinique Evolutionary Paths (UEPs) is the RPs give something to the Squad NOW. I mean, Catachans get advantages on close combat (items, Cover, etc), Mordians get advantages on shooting, Jenkala get deployment (traps, etc) and so on. Once the RP's are taken, you gain ALL the bonuses you can get; the reason why the RPs cost some credits. You can think of them as things you get once you enter a store.

The UEPs are different, because they are a doorway... think of them as a store (from example above.) You choose which store you enter, and then you COULD get some stuff (Skills) from it. All IG of the Jenkala RP (for example) can set up traps. On the other hand, the Kroot with the 'sneaky' UEP may not have the same Skills. Yes, they have access to the same Skill pool, but Squad A may never roll NEW SKILL upon Advancements (which, BTW, it would suck!) and Squad B may roll nothing but NEW SKILL. This means that, by design, the RPs will have similar basic standards, while UEPs are about havig a POTENTIAL.

RP's are based on 4 parameters, while UEP's are based on 4 rules and 28 Skills. The divergance is designed on to imitate evolution... constant change over time. You are right when you indicate that a Mordian Squad will play TONS different than a Catachan one, but what I'm saying is that all Mordian Squads would play similar to all Mordian Squads, while similar Kroot UEPs could (potentially) play different.

It is sneaky... it is Ninja ... and it is pure theory. Only time (and playing would let us know.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Netherlands checking in Part II - Return of the Dutch   Netherlands checking in Part II - Return of the Dutch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:15 pm

Cool man, thanks for explaining that so well.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Netherlands checking in Part II - Return of the Dutch   Netherlands checking in Part II - Return of the Dutch - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Heheheh... Ninja Design at its best... no wonder it took us over a year to design them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netherlands checking in Part II - Return of the Dutch   Netherlands checking in Part II - Return of the Dutch - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Netherlands checking in Part II - Return of the Dutch
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2