Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Others with problem with Death Squads website?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandormen

Sandormen

Others with problem with Death Squads website? Empty
PostSubject: Others with problem with Death Squads website?   Others with problem with Death Squads website? I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 3:39 am

I have noticed that whenever I have logged into DS' website, it demands heavy CPU resources.
When it should be almost idling, it uses above 50% of its resources, and creates exorbitant amounts of heat, Celsius 75+
My fans starts running at max.
As soon as I shut down DS' website, the CPU resources decreases back to 1%, temp goes down to 40 and heatfans backs down, eventually shuts off.

And no. No viri or trojan or malware et. al.

Very odd.
Could it be the vertical scrollbar underneath the menu that does it?

scratch
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Others with problem with Death Squads website?   Others with problem with Death Squads website? I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:27 pm

That is WEIRD!!! I'm in the IT business and I have not heard of such a thing for a forum.

What Browser are you using? Exactly... what version? What plug-ins you have? Any toolbars?

Close the browser and re-open it. Go ONLY to the Death Squads Forum. You see the same issue? Go to your home-page... see the issue? Last, visit Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum... see the issue?

Let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sandormen

Sandormen

PostSubject: checking a little bit closer.   Others with problem with Death Squads website? I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:39 pm

Sorry for the delayed response...

I use Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
On Windows XP Professional version 2002, Servicepack 3.

Yeah I find the issue quite peculiar.
I have myself been IT'ing for years, and have never experienced anything like this either.

I discovered it by a fluke.
My brain discovered it before I did myself, kinda. I subconsciously noticed the fans on overdrive. Usually they start blowing loudly when I play some heavyduty graphics, but not when browsing the webin an orderly manner.
So I started to poke around old-school, aka, proper problemsolving. -And yes. This is the only webpage I have encountered that this happens.
I don't run any bittorrents, playing music, doing excel, running defrag, updating windows/antivirus or anything simultaneously.
This is the only page starting on opening the webbrowser.
The moment I enter the DSG-site. My machine increases its temperatur with >10 degrees. And the CPU starts boasting with a load at 50%.
-usually it should be 2-3%.

Veeery strange.

I haven't tried with firefox yet. I eventually might try with that one too, i reckon.
Not really a big deal though, but a quirk. I'd freak out on a somewhat higher level if the CPU had a 100% load. Still 50% is... ...odd.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Others with problem with Death Squads website?   Others with problem with Death Squads website? I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Do it happens with Tom's site?
Back to top Go down
Sandormen

Sandormen

PostSubject: Re: Others with problem with Death Squads website?   Others with problem with Death Squads website? I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:14 am

Mordheimer wrote:
Do it happens with Tom's site?

Nope. The only other thing that gets the computers juices pumping faster, quickly is when I play the game Mass Effect 2.
Otherwise the computer is quite quiet.

Checking the systemstats everytime I do something now, to see what effects things I do, do.
-And to do things even more mysteriously. The CPU-load is at writing moment only 2%, -eventhough the heat is idling around 60 degree. (Normally, with 2% CPUload it will hover around 45-50. depending on cold it is here in Denmark! sunny )
Back to top Go down
Sandormen

Sandormen

PostSubject: Re: Others with problem with Death Squads website?   Others with problem with Death Squads website? I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:16 am

Ah. Only seconds later of last post, the cpu-load bounced back up to 50% scratch
It hovers there stable. No random work going on. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sandormen

Sandormen

PostSubject: Re: Others with problem with Death Squads website?   Others with problem with Death Squads website? I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:21 am

And I forgot to mention that I don't use any toolbars, nor any plugins.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Others with problem with Death Squads website?   Others with problem with Death Squads website? I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:16 pm

This is weird... I will turn the scroll bars off... let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sandormen

Sandormen

PostSubject: Re: Others with problem with Death Squads website?   Others with problem with Death Squads website? I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:21 pm

How funny. yes it is the scrollbar!
When I hover the cursor over it, so it stands still, my cpu-load drops instantly, and the heat is reduced as well. When I remove the cursor, so the bar starts scrolling again, the load pops back up, and heat is being produced.

Mystery solved.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Others with problem with Death Squads website?   Others with problem with Death Squads website? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Others with problem with Death Squads website?
Page 1 of 1