Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Imperial snow terrain

Go down 
+3
Da Bank
Dysturbed
Lorddante59
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorddante59

Imperial snow terrain Empty
PostSubject: Imperial snow terrain   Imperial snow terrain I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:00 pm

Hello everyone, its taken a while but im finallybuilding some of my scenery. I'm making scatter scenery for my snow board and want to make pieces for a city including buildings, ruins, battlefield wreckage, monuments and the like. I am looking at making pieces that are playable, in other words nodels will be able to stand on them, durable (hence the 6mm MDF bases) snd hopefully that look good as I love the imagery of the 40k universe.

Anyway, this is one of the pieces i'm working on at the moment....

MDF bases cut, blue foam for contouring and plasticard as 'concrete' foundation
[img]Imperial snow terrain 11_08_11[/img]

MDF with plasticard to represent broken 'foundations'
Imperial snow terrain 11_08_12

One of my three forgeworld Valkyries which are ear-marked for use as terrain.........don't worry though I have six in plastic
Imperial snow terrain 11_08_13
Back to top Go down
Lorddante59

PostSubject: Re: Imperial snow terrain   Imperial snow terrain I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:08 pm

This was a simple piece, literally MDF base cut out with the Imperial Aquilla and rocks glued onto it. It was then slightly fillered, textured, undercoated and then painted using combinations of block colour, drybrushing, glazes and airbrushing.

[img]Imperial snow terrain 11_08_14[/img]

Pleas feel free to leave any comments and criticisms
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Imperial snow terrain   Imperial snow terrain I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Cool terrain.

My only criticism on the aquilla is that snow falls on top of rocks too. you might want to throw a little on top of the aquilla and the rocks just to give the effect. Not a lot though.
Back to top Go down
Lorddante59

PostSubject: Re: Imperial snow terrain   Imperial snow terrain I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:27 pm

Thanks, yeah its still not fully finished yet as I need to add snow flock and use my tamiya snow weathering sticks on it too, but i'll be doing that when I have some more terrain ready so I can do a bigger group in one go.
Back to top Go down
Lorddante59

PostSubject: Re: Imperial snow terrain   Imperial snow terrain I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:45 pm

some of my still WIP Administratum buildings..........

Imperial snow terrain 11_08_15

Imperial snow terrain 11_08_16

Imperial snow terrain 11_08_17

And some statues,
Imperial snow terrain 11_08_18

two of which will be mounted on small plinths like this so they can be used in entrances, 'guarding' a bridge etc
Imperial snow terrain 11_08_19

Imperial snow terrain 11_08_20
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Imperial snow terrain   Imperial snow terrain I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:48 pm

This is awesome!!!! What to go.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Imperial snow terrain   Imperial snow terrain I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:56 am

Superb work - very inspirational. Three forgeworld valkyries! Lucky guy!

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Imperial snow terrain   Imperial snow terrain I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:49 am

Very awesome, but what a waste of a good Valkyrie. Wink
Back to top Go down
Chuchosky

Chuchosky

PostSubject: Re: Imperial snow terrain   Imperial snow terrain I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:51 am

Awasome :-), very good job.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Imperial snow terrain   Imperial snow terrain I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:02 pm

I'm sorry... dis you said "forgeworld Valkyries" imaplying using them as terrain? nah... nobody is THAT crazy.

Lorddante59 wrote:

One of my three forgeworld Valkyries which are ear-marked for use as terrain.........don't worry though I have six in plastic
Imperial snow terrain 11_08_13
Puke By The Emperor's Scrotum! YOU ARE INSANE!! Dude... use the PLASTIC ones for Terrain!!! confused Why do I bother... you ARE insane! HA!

I did change the pics to be full size... better viewing experience. Your terrain is awesome. Question, what are you using to take pics? Regardless is it is a camera or a cellphone, I suggest shinning a lamp to the ceiling... it would brighten the room. Also, if you could get a 'natural light' bulb for it, the pictures would be less 'yellow'. I invite you to read a couple tutorials on how to take pictures of models... The Basics of Mini Photography and Another GREAT Miniature Photography Guide. Your terrain is WAY TOO COOL to not be showed the best it could be. THANKS FOR SHARING!

MORE PLEASE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imperial snow terrain   Imperial snow terrain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imperial snow terrain
Page 1 of 1