Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers Empty
PostSubject: 10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers   10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz (my Ogryn) is now complete, so I thought I'd post some pics and show you my WIP second sniper effort (he will get a paintjob before the suit is applied). I had to convert him to be lying down and I know its a little awkward, but the suit will cover up those parts - the legs are empire militia (they worked best lying down). Sorry about the third picture by the way - it won't seem to come out upright (it is on my computer!)

Enjoy - as always feedback is good cheers

10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers Img_6013
10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers Img_6014
10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers Img_6017
10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers Img_6016

Also mini-campaign with my gaming group is due to start friday week... just working out the fluff. Including four squads...
The 10th/95th Varangians
Imperial Renegades (as yet no name - but a little bit nurgle in their outlook)
The Orks of Blood Axe Kaptin Shank RipRot (great bit of fluff for these guys - I'll post later on)
The (as yet unnamed) Craftworld Eldar
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers   10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Your models make me ashamed of myself!!!! They are SO COOL! That Ogryn is INSANE!!! Wow! Very good job. The urban camo is nothing short of amazing. You have some mad skills! The bar-code on the back of the neck is super!

I can't wait to see the new sniper! I'm really excited about your models. Something else indeed! The sniper model looks VERY cool... and after you put the camoline suit it would be PERFECT. Please keep sharing.

I'm also prtty giddy to read about your upcoming adventures. You are in for a great treat... looks like you guys will have a great time. Keep us posted... I love stories as much as photos of models... so I will read everything you and your friends write!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: 10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers   10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:14 pm

I LOVE the tat on his arm. It rocks! I love terra too Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: 10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers   10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:11 am

Dude that Ogryn is sick!!

I love the pose for the laying sniper.....but I do have to point out game functionality...... It will be a hard model to play with on elevated positions and tight corners.....

Also, to measure shooting you measure from the base.....which the model is on the bike base like you stated before. So in essence it would be a double edged sword for you, as you might be able to get longer range, but then it would be easier for your opponent to hit you from the sides or behind.

Just something for you to think about.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers   10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:27 am

DoZer wrote:
Also, to measure shooting you measure from the base.....which the model is on the bike base like you stated before. So in essence it would be a double edged sword for you, as you might be able to get longer range, but then it would be easier for your opponent to hit you from the sides or behind.

Just something for you to think about.

Good point Dozer! Like always, you are the one that has to wake everybody up from our great daydreams... cool sniper dude.

I would suggest that you ALWAYS talk to your opponents and make sure that the 'model' should be on the front of the bike base... you could glue a round base under the bike's base (on the front) and painted bright yellow... so everyone knows where the 'model' is. Also remember that regardless how the model is up on a rock, standing, crouching or laying down, for Line of Sight purposes EVERYONE is the same height as a model standing straight.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers   10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:15 am

Thanks very much!

I always thought the bloodbowl models would make good arbites!

The power cord on the plasma pistol is a thin electrical wire (with the copper removed from the inside). The clip halfway down on it is a small bit of plastic tubing, cut and then fitted around the wire. It's a normal space marine plasma pistol.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: 10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers   10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:37 am

When I first saw the new stuff the first thing that went through my mind was this:

Shocked affraid Shocked affraid

The Second thing was:
"Wow! Laney you rock man!"

The last thing was:
"I wonder if I could use that idea for a Macabee priest or lieutenant?"

Thats the inside of a moddler's mind right there!

Now I am going to go put on a new pair of underwhere.

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers   10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:55 pm

Administrative Split

Some of the responses may not make sense, because the pictures or comments that they refer to
may belong to another thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

FELL FREE TO COMMENT!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: 10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers   10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:02 pm

These are great!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers   10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:03 am

I've got plans to do another Ogryn for my new Varangian squad - I love Aldo as a model though.

Ta Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers   10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10th/95TH South Varangian: Ogryn Aldo 'Dutch' Kurtz & Officers
Page 1 of 1