Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)

Go down 
+4
moggd
Mordheimer
DeafNala
Laney
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:43 pm

He's not really a Varangian as such, but he does appear in the story... Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)

I completed him using NMM techniques and the result is pretty good - (I think) The mould lines on his plasma pistol are shocking I know - but the effort to get rid of them was just too much! Just Kidding

Always love feedback...
Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) Img_6912
Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) Img_6913
Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) Img_6914
Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) Img_6915

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:59 pm

That REALLY is a SPECTACULAR looking mini. Everything frim the choice of color through an UBERCOOL base work together perfectly. VERY, VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Your use of inks is most impressive! HA! Love how the leather turned out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:40 am

Thanks guys,
@ Deafnala: Means a lot - no plan went into the colour scheme, I just picked up the GW foundation paints and applied until I'd used almost all of them. The model (Gideon Lorr Limited Edition) is so cool (I always think of a spaghetti western type gunfighter) that he kind of paints himself (A bit like the forgeworld inquisitor models, which are so detailed they kind of scare you a little bounce Shocked affraid). The base is just a bit of an old CD case, smashed up with a pointy metal lump (I forget the name) and a hammer. The smashed pieces make great broken up concrete (and because of that they fit together really well) - the lava was a whim.

@ Mordheimer: You are spot on. Achilles was an exercise in using washes (I did very little other than basecoat, highlight and then wash until I liked the effect! (The dark leather is calthan brown, highlighted khemri brown, washed with badab black and devlan mud. The lighter leather (on the torso) is khemri brown, washed once with devlan mud, highlighted with khemri (edges only) and then washed again (until I was happy!), The yellowed leather (on the external/back coat) was tausept ochre, gryphonne sepia wash, tausept ochre highlight wash again (focusing onto the recesses) use devlan mud for a starker highlight.

I'll look to finish (as in every model) the Varangians during my Summer holidays. Work has unfortunately stopped us finishing two more campaign games. But it will restart in September with a full Death Squads campaign (maybe with a couple of new squads to try Question Just Kidding ).

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
moggd

moggd

PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:29 am

Holy crap!!! Somehow this is the first time i've seen this post and your modeling and painting are nothing short of amazing. The Inquisitor is perfect. Where did you get such a cool model?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Cheers,

The model is a limited edition inquisitor called Gideon Lorr from GW. It's OOP, but you can pick it up on ebay reasonably easily (not cheap - but worth the investment!). It looks much nicer than the other witchhunter inquisitors out there.

Ta Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:49 pm

Administrative Split

Some of the responses may not make sense, because the pictures or comments that they refer to
may belong to another thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

FELL FREE TO COMMENT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 3:00 pm

I leave for a little wile and this comes up. Holy !@#$ Shocked affraid

Thanks for makeing my day Laney. Just a thought are you going to make any henchmen for him? Like Acolyts (forgot how to spell:P) and stuff?

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 3:06 pm

I've got a few acolytes from ages ago (not going to post them - they aren't very good Just Kidding ), which I could give him. But he was pretty much a lone painting model (he has played in one apocalypse game - about a year ago). If we ever get an inquisition squad, then I will create all the models from scratch (no - I don't mean scratchbuild) and I might try to get hold of a second version of him (though there will probably be several cool models out there, when they fix the inquisition for 40k - how about a plastic inquisitor and retinue (like the command squad) - it would sell ridiculous amounts - I'd probably buy enough for an army myself!).

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Lydor

Lydor

PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 4:17 am

looks amazing! *drools alittle*
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Laney, do you think that there will be a full Inquisition release? Since the Ordo Xenos Codex was never released and it is now possible to download the other Ordo Codices from the GW website I doubt we'll see any more of them. It is a real shame because the release of Inqusitor (the game) and the two Ordos Codices created a rich seem of material concerning the Imperium.

One of the many routes that I think DS can take is to fill this gap, adding new depth to the Imperium (and each of the other factions) which GW is no longer developing to the same extent.

Your models are a great way of doing this and are a great inspiration to us all.
Back to top Go down
Lydor

Lydor

PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Agreed. I love seeing other inquisition players in 40k and DS! i'm the only one in New Mexico that is feels like >.<
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:22 am

I'm pretty positive the Inquisition will be released at some point (all the rumour mills out there seem to be pointing at it). I reckon they wanted the dark eldar firmly embedded before getting us to part with more cash. New Grey Knight models have already been spotted. I think the pdf release of the inquisition books is just a precursor to the release proper. They also tend to pull the models they want to keep for the release off the shelf (they did this for hte Blood Angels and I think for the Dark Eldar as well)

No idea if it will be one book, two (or even three with the ordo xenos). It is too cool a thread for GW to ditch even if it takes a while. I think White Dwarf had the Dark Eldar redevelopment at 5 years. The best thing is to check out Bell of Lost Souls website - they tend to be as reliable as any of the rumour mills.

EDIT: Latest Grey Knights/Inquisition Rumours (from Bell of Lost Souls) are...
Quote :
1) Further reinforcement of this being a Grey Knight/Inquisition book. Almost all the chatter has died down regarding inducted IG, and allied Space Marines. This is fundamentally said to be an Astartes book with some flavoring added in.

2) Lots of talk of the book containing all Grey Knights units with only Imperial Assassins and Inquisitors w/retinues as choices not hailing from Titan.

3)Speaking of Inquisitors, they are said to reflect the entirety of the Inquisition (whatever that means), as opposed to the previous codex's "Daemonhunters" focus.

4) As you would imagine from #2 above a lot of units from the current Daemonhunters codex are missing. Daemonhosts, DeathCult Assassins, Inquisitorial Stormtroopers are all supposedly being wrapped into the Inquisitor's retinue options along with all the old favorites. These retinue units have many, many, exotic options (said to easily outstrip the Dark Eldar Archon's retinue options).

5) Lots of all new psychic powers all around, including Grey Knight Vehicles who are said to be difficult to stop.

6) Stormraven is a GO! It is also said to fulfill a critical role in the codex with the Grey Knight infantry having little access to "traditional" heavy and special weapons found in other Marine books.

7) LOTS of new independent characters, and tons of new Grey Knight fluff.

Cool Continued chatter of both GK Terminators and powered armored versions as troops.

9) Talk places this codex at the new extreme of "elite" armies, in the 40k metagame diametrically opposed to horde type play.

10) Talk still points to March 2011 for this one.
Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Thanks Laney!

I saw the rumours elsewhere and logged in to let you know (only to find you'd already posted). The new rules actually seem like it'll draw away alot of the character from Inquisitors (see points 3 and 4 above). I had also forgotten that Deathwatch squads are an aspect of the Ordo Xenos, so technically they have some material.

Point 7 seems like it might be of most interest to us - independent characters should mean new models. Grey Knights are just super-Space Marines, so I'm not particularly anxious to see more of those...
Back to top Go down
tendi

PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Well we are going to get next space marine dex with little generic inquisition flavor.

As long inq player i can only cry. Hopefully next SoB reedition will take them 10 years or more leaving something to play.

Check out BoLS or BoK for more GK info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)   Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Achilles Cesare Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: