Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Campaign starting up in socal december 1st

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Burndown29

Burndown29

Campaign starting up in socal december 1st Empty
PostSubject: Campaign starting up in socal december 1st   Campaign starting up in socal december 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:51 am

So I have good news. The owner of FLGS, who is a forum member here, has asked me to run a DS campaign starting Dec 1st. Anyone near 29 Palms, CA is welcome to come out for the whole thing, or just a game or two here and there, whatever you can manage. I've been promoting DS like a madman, trying to get as many shop regulars into it as I can. as of now, I have i think four players, but im going to see if i cant get more. I will be posting battle reports every day I can make it to the store to observe/play a couple games. if anyone has any good campaign ideas, i would appreciate it. this will be my first time organizing an event, so any advice would be appreciated also.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Campaign starting up in socal december 1st   Campaign starting up in socal december 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:34 am

Great news!

Story based campaigns are always great. If you mind some from Me, Mordheimer and Dozer from about 2 years ago you might see some of what we did.

The story could be based upon what squads will be playing.

You could even have all Imperial Guard squads but maybe one commander wants to control all the planet and is seeking to get rid of the other commanders through "friendly fire".

Maybe you are looking for a artefact but so is everyone else. With that maybe you need pieces of the artefact and need to collect them from each scenario.

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Campaign starting up in socal december 1st   Campaign starting up in socal december 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:19 pm

What about a big bad guy (manipulating in the background) - gradually the plot behind all of the conflict is revealed leading to a final (multiplayer) confrontation with a custom squad representing a powerful chaos cultist squad for example.

This is a mordheim campaign I heard about which might give you some ideas: The campaign was all based on the real world city of York (from medieval times). The final twist on the campaign was that the whole world was in fact a feudal world in 40k, which supplied a space marine chapter with new recruits. A company of marines landed by drop pods and wipe out all the forces (as a prelude to a 40k, Apocalypse campaign).

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Campaign starting up in socal december 1st   Campaign starting up in socal december 1st I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:45 pm

I found ths campaing for Necromunda. I bet with a few changes it will work for you.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/40908479/Project-Scourge
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Campaign starting up in socal december 1st   Campaign starting up in socal december 1st I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:59 am

WOHO!! Hopefully you will have to re-print TLRB... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Campaign starting up in socal december 1st   Campaign starting up in socal december 1st I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campaign starting up in socal december 1st
Page 1 of 1