Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Da Bank

Da Bank

Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel Empty
PostSubject: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 12:24 pm

To all those who are interested, Dec 7th is the next installment of a Caiphas Cain novel it is Called Emperor's Finest.

It is Caiphas Cain on a Space Hulk with Nids! This is going to be awesome.

My whole inspiration for working on Death Squads with Mordeimer was based on the Caiphas Cian and Gaunt's Ghost novels.

Mord and my first game was with Space Hulk tiles and was Nids versus IG and look at it now.

Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel Empero11

Games Workshop, December 2010
Hardcover, 320 pages
ISBN-10: 1844168913
ISBN-13: 9781844168910

\

Last edited by Da Bank on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 12:39 pm

By the Emperor's Uvula!!! We went full circle... check out our very first inspirational game on this weird report!

Definitely... more to read! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:50 pm

There is another new book coming out. IG versus Necrons!!

Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel Dead_m10

Dead Men WalkingWhen the necrons rise, a mining planet descends into a cauldron of war and the remorseless foes decimate the human defenders. Salvation comes in an unlikely form - the Death Korps of Kreig, a force as unfeeling as the Necrons themselves. When the two powers go to war, casualties are high and the magnitude of the destruction is unimaginable.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Interesting...

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Just finished reading the book.

I encourage all to read it as you have chaos cultist, genestealers, genestealers cult, orks, space hulk, imperium beaucracy and much much more. Reading this book and others will give all the insight to the idea of DeathSquads.

Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Do like the Caiphas Cain novels. A bit of a rip-off of the Flashman novels but I guess they'd pass it off as "inspiration"...

Your recommendation makes me want to read this, especially given the subject matter so I'll see if I can hit it up on ebay.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:23 pm

They are great as each novels had many different threats including the strife of just being for the emperor.

Most of all the 40k novels on guardsmen work well also and there are a ton to chose from.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:46 am

I'd like to read the Flashman novels - I love the Ciaphas Cain novels (started reading Emperors Finest yesterday)! Dead Men Walking sounds cool too!

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:37 am

Never read the flash novels but I will keep an eye out for them.

I am going to get Dead Men Walking by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:47 pm

Just to be clear Flashman isn't in anyway GW related or even sci-fi. He is a mock-historical British figure of the "Age of Empire" and is a gambler, drunk and adulterer (Slaanesh would love him!). More info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashman

Edited to try and get the link working.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Ok, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 am

I am almost done reading Dead Men Walking and it is pact with interesting fluff and info on the Death Korp, necrons and hive city living. I strongly recommend this book to all.

As I have noted before most 40k novels give you the sense of a larger battle but the main characters give you a localized feel. This is perfect for Death Squads as DS is reprenstative of larger conflicts but we are honing in on a few of those involved.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:55 am

I've just started dead men walking (a promising start on the dkok). The Cain novel was cool too!

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:22 pm

Another book to read... AGGGHHHH!!!! Hehhehe... cool!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:05 pm

There is a wealth of information.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel   Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emperor's Finest-Latest Caiphas Cain Novel
Page 1 of 1