Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)

Go down 
+5
Arachas
yepimadork
DeafNala
Mordheimer
Laney
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) Empty
PostSubject: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi Guys,

I've been making slow going on the new Orks I've been playing with - mostly due to picking up loads of old half finshed models and wanting to give them a coat of paint (which is my long term plan for much of next year - to remove my backlog of painting projects - and save a little bit of money on buying new models!).

Anyway here is Inquisitor Erasmus Maleficient III (now officially designated Excommunicate Traitoris Hereticus). Note: He still bears the markings of the inquisition because he believes that he will found the new inquisition, which will bring the forces of Chaos to power over the Galaxy.
Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) Img_7531
Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) Img_7532
Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) Img_7533

These are very WIP I just couldn't resist posting something more Chaosy today... Twisted Evil

Cheers Laney Shocked

Last edited by 02laney on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 7:17 pm

The GEM on the model (besides the cherub's ass!) is the FREEHAND Inquisitorial symbol in the cape. WOW!

I only have one question... what is Cthulhu doing inside that tube?

Thanks for sharing... wow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:31 pm

That is an INCREDIBLY WELL DONE PIECE! As Himself said, the free-hand work is OUTSTANDING; & I LOVE the Anti-Cherub. What a Face

Mordheimer wrote:

Thanks for sharing... wow!

There are some things Man was not meant to know...or probably want to. affraid

Last edited by DeafNala on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yepimadork

yepimadork

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:01 pm

Freakin sweet!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:48 am

Thanks Guys,

On the original the warp spawn bit was meant to represent his inner corruption (he was going to be a radical loyalist). However now it could be representing anything (possibly it is a familiar). I think originally I envisioned it as a cut away - showing a section of sewer.My favourite part is the power claw (which came from chapterhouse studios).

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:54 am

Ohh, sexy. I especially love the white part of the robes, with the freehand. Well done Laney!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 5:09 am

Very cool!

Can't wait to see him finished.

Mordheimer wrote:

Coming out of the closet. About time if you ask me Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:12 pm

mudboy wrote:
Coming out of the closet. About time if you ask me Rolling Eyes

HAHHAHA!!! You always make me laugh.. hhehehe... coming out of the closet. HA! Great!
Back to top Go down
Utan

Utan

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Lovely!

Will there be a legible slogan on the cherub's banner or will you do some "Greek" text effect?

Do you have a tutorial for the verdigris effect you used here somewhere on this forum? Did I miss it?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:49 pm

On the Tutorials section, specifically here! It is AWESOME! Step-by-step with LOTS of clear and useful pictures. It really took the 'mystery' out of the effect and allowed me to put it on my 'arsenal' after just one try.

GO LANEY!!!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 5:15 pm

@ Utan: No idea yet what will be on the cherubs banner - I'll have a think on it. Amazed you spotted the verdigris on the pipe - hope the tutorial is useful! Very Happy . I hope to finish him by the end of the week.

Cheers Laney cheers

Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:37 pm

nice work
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:20 am

Another nice model. One thing I'm not sure I totally like is the number of colours you have used on the model and base. To me it is a bit distracting having so many wonderful things to look at (see I hid a compliment in that criticism)! The fur collar is one colour, the cloak two and also has freehand design, whilst the squiddy and cherubim add another two each. The seems to be a bit of a lack of colour unity which, I think, detracts from the overall paint job. It could also be that in the first photo there appears to be a colour axis on the right hand side of the photo which isn't balanced out on the left.

Hope my criticism makes sense and doesn't prevent you from completing this brilliant piece.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:07 am

Great feedback - thanks!

Solution - the squiddy will be a shade of purple rather than green and I will silver the pipework to remove the verdigris (yet another colour). The cherub will be getting another purple wash (hopefully drawing those elements together). I also intend to put a light purple wash in the recesses of the cloak. A flaming sigil on the right hand bracer should balance the mini colourwise after that.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:23 pm

Sorry I didn't reply, I not always particularly consistent in my net-presence. Hope the criticism was useful - you seem to have addressed the points I raised, I hope you didn't feel compelled to do it but rather that the advice was something you agreed with and thought was an improvement. The image in my head of what this will look like is fantastic. I would love to see the final model if / when you complete it, regardless of whether you make use of my comments or not!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:53 pm

The feedback was superb - it will make me think about colour composition more - which is a positive thing. I haven't touched the model since however. Orks have taken over my life!

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:35 pm

HAHAHA! Ahhh... and Amparor will be thir king HAHAHA!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)   Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Model for I-Munda given a new Lease of Life (Very WIP)
Page 1 of 1