Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Inferny

Inferny

1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev) Empty
PostSubject: 1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev)   1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:55 am

It was assault the silo scenario.
IG defenders
Eldars attackers
~IG:
*Captain
power sword
lasgun
*Lt x2
Lasgun
*Sergeant x2
Lasgun
*Infantryman
Lasgun
*Heavy weapon
Flamer
*Ogryn
Ripper gun

Eldars
~All heroes with AWA, helmets & catapults pistols (5 minis)

IG deployed 12" around silo in 3 groups
1turn:
Eldars attempt to deep strike was delayed (scattered over the table edge and roll 5 on mishap chart )
IG taking better positions in the buildings around silo
2 turn:
Eldars finally arrive in two groups 1) 2 aspirants (with 2 demolition charges) in 6" from silo 2)exarch (demolition charge), warlock, aspect ~18" from the objective. knock down sergeant and wound ogryn.
IG Ogryn charges 1 aspirant. Cap 2 Lt & Infantry open fire and AOA 2nd aspirant. 2 sergeants shoots Aspect score crit but AWA saves him
3 turn:
Eldars Warlock uses Mindwar on Ogryn and wounds him. Other eldars shooting takes no effect.
IG Recruits arriving but far from eldars. Flamer run out building & shoots exarch, warlock & aspect without success. Cap approaches Ogryn. Other shooting takes no effect. Ogryn AOA.
4 turn :
Eldars Warlock uses Mindwar on Cap and suffers 3S hit from perils of the warp (AOA).
End of the game.

Last edited by Inferny on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: 1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev)   1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:26 am

Any cool post battle happenings?

And WHERE ARE THE PICS?!

Smack
Back to top Go down
Inferny

Inferny

PostSubject: Re: 1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev)   1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:44 am

We where to busy protecting table from my cat)) So no pics.
As I remember Aspirant suffers from bitter enmity and hates my squad)))
It was stand alone game. We need to figure out better rosters and study rules.
Back to top Go down
Sev

Sev

PostSubject: Re: 1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev)   1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:31 am

apart that chaos-ridden biotitan of a playful cat the main reasons for no pics are the lack of complete terrain(thus a lot of proxies) and painted minis

the game was to get a better understanding of rules and squad\equipment composition

well, now i'll definitely get myself a Striking Scorpion Exarch, focus on weapons with more range, and be more thorough with psyker-power usage planning
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: 1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev)   1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:41 am

I'll let the Eldar players comment on that. Wink

Otherwise cool stuff. Would love to see your squads!
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev)   1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Hey sev, I am an eldar player, who has played around 6 games with them now; and i found that warlocks are preety usless for offensive attacks (mind war, eldritch storm ect) and i decided to scratch him and go for a very shooty squad of dire avengers with exodites infiltrating with long range weapons (las gun with red dot= kick a$$ long range wep) and get them from all sides; so if they want to go close combat they have to split their forces, whilst getting hammerd by shuriken fire. Another tip is to use avenger sights as they increase range from 18" to a huge 24" (same as las gun) whilst keeping the same 2 shots that the shuriken catapult is renowned for.
If you want to see how effective this can be view some of laney's reports as they are mostly against me and view my squad list.

P.S when using infiltrate and the lasgun or trying to keep at a distance id use high buildings with as much cover as possible

thanks w-o-t-w
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: 1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev)   1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev)   1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st battle IG(Inferny) vs Eldars (Sev)
Page 1 of 1