Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions for a space wolves army

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

Suggestions for a space wolves army Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for a space wolves army   Suggestions for a space wolves army I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:33 am

Hey guys, as it was my birthday a few days ago i got quite a bit of money and was thinking of buying an army with it i have roughly 100 pounds to spend and have found a website were i can get sets like terminators at 21 quid the site is triple helix wargames.co.uk and they are really good value

so far i have accumulated

logan grimnar
4-6 wolf gaurd
5-8 blood claw
and 5 scouts with snipers (given i can find their legs as i didnt have a bits box to store them)

please comment on what models you feel i should get for a decent size army also post tactics and why you think this would be a good army to have
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a space wolves army   Suggestions for a space wolves army I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:17 am

Well really you have the ABSOLUTE best core troop choice in the game (Grey Hunters). They have a bolter, bolt pistol, and CC weapon, acute senses and counter-attack. They can take TWO special weapons when squad size is 10. Never ever use blood claws. They are the same points cost as a grey hunter, they have LESS WS and BS, and suffer from the Rage Special Rule. Grey Hunters is the absolute way to go for your troops choice.

If you are looking to make a Loganwing (All termies) then Space Wolves is not a bad way to go. You can really customize your wolf guard squads to do whatever you want. Combi-weapons, chainfists, assault cannons, wolf claws, CML, frost blades, thunder hammers, storm shields.....the list is endless. It can be a very competitive list, but you will have a VERY low model count, so you have to be careful of how you use the squads (I've played a Deathwing army for 4 years now, and it does not get any easier).

Thunderwolf cavalry are truly awesome, and if modeled can look absolutely stunning. You also have THE best Devastator squad in the game. Split fire, spam missile launchers, and take three of them and whomever you face will cry in pain. Its only 140 points for one squad of 5 missile launchers. Thats 3 groups of 5 that can split there fire, giving you 6 targets that you can hit with JUST your Long Fangs.

Scouts, although good in your codex, are an elite slot. Which with the SW codex there are so much BETTER things you can fill your elite slot with that the scouts are better left at home.

IMHO I like building my own HQ choices, special characters are great, but I prefer customization, and you can really get some nasty stuff together in the SW Codex.

My HQ would be this:

Wolf Lord Battle Leader
-Frost Weapon (Power Sword that confers +1 S)
-Storm Shield (3+ invulnerable save anyone?)
-Thunderwolf Mount
-Runic Armor (2+ Save)
-Saga of the Bear (Eternal Warrior)

WS BS S T W I A LD Save
6 5 5/6 5 3 5 5 10 2+/3++

Now hes a beast, so that means he moves 6" and charges 12". Hes got a 2+ armor save and a 3+ invulnerable. Hes toughness 5, with 3 wounds with eternal warrior so he cannot die to instant death weapons. He hits at S6 for his power weapon at I5, which means hes going to chew through anything in his way. Attach him to another squad of thunderwolf cavalry, hide them behind a rhino wall, rush them forward and watch the fun!!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a space wolves army   Suggestions for a space wolves army I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:45 pm

Is THIS how people feel when I talk about Death Squads? Smack

How about THIS for a Thundewolf?

Suggestions for a space wolves army !Bs3ELjw!mk~$%28KGrHqUOKj8EvYkdmuT0BL5qpcBypQ~~_3
Suggestions for a space wolves army !Bs3ELiw!mk~$%28KGrHqYOKi!Eu3T453l4BL5qpcB%29jw~~_3

... he also has SM legs!
Suggestions for a space wolves army %21B9Uf5dgBWk%7E$%28KGrHqUOKi0EzVqkbb%29LBM5,LW4t7w%7E%7E_12

This guy sells his resins in eBay. LINK
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a space wolves army   Suggestions for a space wolves army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for a space wolves army
Page 1 of 1