Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2   The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:43 am

No big story for this. Just a quick summary and some pics. WOTW Eldar vs Laney Green Devil Orks. We had a very uneventful first game (in which we ran out of time to properly finish), so this was the first proper game.

As usual WOTW outmanoeuvred and outshot (unsurprising) my Green Devil Orks and as usual I had a great post game, whereas WOTW was less fortunate. I think it should go down as an Eldar victory (as I would have tactically retreated the next turn anyway).

WOTW forgot his models - so used my IG models to represent the Eldar Squad.

Simple Skirmish
The deployment was as follows with the majority of the Eldar in the bottom left hand corner and some foolish Pathfinders hidden at the top!
The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 Img_7618

Turn 1: The Eldar advanced into firings positions and the Pathfinder alerted the orks to their presence with some ill advised potshots (no blood yet)
The Orks in return split their forces to advance on the main Eldar force and the Pathfinder contingent The Ork ard boy got first blood with a critical hit from his blasta, rolling a 6 knocking the Pathfinder off his feet and out of action (Now Dats shootin'!)
The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 Img_7619
The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 Img_7620
The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 Img_7621

Turn 2: The Eldar forces directed towards my Sneaky Boss and Kommandos succeeded in drawing this threat out of reach of the exarch and his aspirant warriors. The attacking orks aren't brave enough to attack over the open ground and are left floundering as easy targets (more on that next turn!) The other Pathfinder (typical of the Eldar) - runs away! tracked by an 'ard boy with a small group of recruits. Then it all went wrong - the Weirdboy attempts to frazzle the second Pathfinder only to consumed by a warp entity and forced out of action! (the entity was eventually forced out through the Weirdboys hand - causing a serious injury WS-1). A top shot (critical!) from one of the Eldar takes out a barely visible Ork Kommando

The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 Img_7622
The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 Img_7623

Turn 3: Let the bloodbath begin. Having drawn the ork forces out of hiding, the Eldar retreated to create a highly mobile shooting platform. AS boy is shot down (OOA), despite some heavy cover and a second Kommando joins him in a hail of fire! The Orks begin chasing down the Sneaky Eldar, but take no more scalps - still worried about crossing the no orks land in front of the Eldar.
The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 Img_7624

Turn 4: The pathfinder finally turns to face his attackers (above picture) - taking out an Ork boy, before falling to the vicious charge of the Ork 'Ard Boy cutting him down in the first round of combat with his choppa. More shredding fire fromt eh mass of Eldar results in an Ard boy and another kommanod going out of action (time for a tactical retreat I think!).
The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 Img_7625
The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 Img_7626
What I learnt - when in doubt -WAAAGH!
Post game - lots of advancements and very lucky rolls saved all of my OOA fighters. WOTW as usual started rolling unlucky in the post game and lost a Pathfinder - but recovered some of his equipment. Different scenario next week!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2   The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:58 am

I can see why WOTW always wins: you need WAY more cover! Wink

Awesome report, cool pics. Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2   The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:43 am

Haha i feel the game was rather one sided untill the post game stuff as always my pathfinders are a distraction of the tough leaders which gives me a chance to kill or OOA as many of the other units as possible.
But what i think affects the game alot is the amount of guns rather than the gear they use especially for the eldar as they are extremely good at long range and do not require alot of gear to inflict alot of damage.

W-O-T-W
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2   The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:50 am

Love the pics and the report. Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2   The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:41 am

@ Arachas: Yes we do - but I haven't got round to building any yet - I might bring my spaceship in for next time - lots of cover then! (I might build a few temporary structures out of card - for next time).

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2   The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Green Devils Campaign Varangia 3: Game 2
Page 1 of 1