Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) Empty
PostSubject: Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy)   Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:17 am

Varangian Imperial Guard vs. Green Devil Kommando Orks

Aboard the Icarus Sun (Personal Transport of the Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Felix Nemeia).
Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) Img_6121
Tactical meeting between Capt Alex Reismann and Inquisitor Lord Felix Nemeia

'Alex it's good to see you still alive after all these years. Wasn't it the Garulous Campaign, last time we met?' said Nemeia.

'Yes Lord, at least most of me is still in one piece and I believe, if I remember correctly, I saved your life more than once during that campaign.'

Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) Img_6122

'You most certainly did Alex and I'm thankful to the Emperor that you were there. Unfortunately, we don't have time to talk about old times. I've tracked a Kill Kroozer carrying a small contingent of Orks into this system. They disappeared but I believe we've found where they are hiding on Varangia in the Jungles East of your position. My intelligence suggests they have inadvertantly trapped themselves on a small jungle island. I want you to seal them in with your forces, until a larger force can be brought to bear and wipe them out. I'm not having ork infestation on such a valuable world. Solomon here will provide you with the data slate.' he said, indicating his lexmechanic.

'Thankyou Lord, the Emperor Protects,' replied Reismann.

'Indeed he does' said Nemeia.

First Eldar, now Orks, what next Daemons? thought Reismann. I wonder why Nemeia is using us grunts to clear out the orks, when he has his own pet Deathwatch at his command? The Inquisitor had never been one to worry about sacrificing the faithful to pursue his causes and this worried the veteran.

Battle Report

Report to Ordo Xenos Lord Felix Nemeia (encrypted signal 010000101011110110101VIIVIMIV1)...

The battleline of the Imperial Guard deployed to prevent the Orks escape across the only bridge leading from this region, mining the area around the bridge to ensure swift death to any Greenskin foolish enough to attempt escape.
Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) Img_6124

The Greenskin weirdboy stood in a haze of Waaagh! during turn 1, before releasing it in the second turn - only to blast himself out of action! Rolling Eyes
Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) Img_6125

Aldo the Ogryn was keen to get to grips with the little green squishy bags his mates called Orkses and advanced rapidly, only to meet a very viscious tiny grot Twisted Evil , who held him up for two turns! After which the ogryn smashed him into next week Rolling Eyes .
Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) Img_6126

The twin snipers of the imperial guardsmen, set up strategically by Captain Reismann, put the Ork Boss out of action cyclops .
Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) Img_6127

The ork kommando and sneaky boss, try something kunnin'
Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) Img_6128

Sneakin' up on the Imperial Guard Wink
Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) Img_6129

An overview of the battle in mid progress
Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) Img_6130

Having taken out the sniper (lasgun) guarding the left flank (da umie wot ad dun for da boss!) these two orks made it to the exit zone, avoiding the mines placed by the Varangians, while the rest of the IG were engaged to the front. Result: Ork Victory! due to escaping to the safety zone (but only just!)

Someone would have to explain the Ork escape from the trap to Inquisitor Nemeia and Reismann knew it would have to be him. The captain got a worrying feeling that there was something sneaky (almost human) about these Orks....

Cheers Laney Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy)   Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:29 am

AHHHH!!! Great story man!!! Sooooo COOOOLLL!!!! What were the post-game results? Do you have to make a 2nd model for anyone else? HA! Sorry.... I could not resist rubbing it in! My bad... Embarassed

Anyhow, seems like you won-lost the game. Kicking Ork butt, yet the scumbags managed to escape. Makes for a great story! I tell you, Death Squads NEVER disappoints when it comes to twisting your stories.

Thanks for sharing... GREAT PICTURES!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy)   Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:51 am

Indeed. Well done

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy)   Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:26 am

Just as you said it Mordheimer. The Orks just walked into my prepared fire zone and met the Ogryn head on. But two of them went sneaking around the outside while I was busy killing. So Ork Victory

No major injuries for the IG this time and we managed to recruit a sharpshooter and gained some carapce armour and a bolter (which was awarded to one of the infantrymen - who rolled Lads got Talent). Two OOA by the end of the game - the officer fully recovered and so did the one recruit.

The Orks suffered more injuries, but also got some nice kit. On their escape they came across an abandoned armoury and the Sneaky Boss Found a refractor field in the wreckage, also the Painboy found enough bits to build himself a brand new urty syringe. On the injury front the recruits (1 kommando and 2 grots) all passed their rolls. The boss rolled and got Frenzy (which Dan (the ork player) was surprisingly happy with) and the Weirdboy died on the first roll (painboy sewed him up again), but had burst an eyeball with the second (well if you will play with the powers of the warp).

My favourite moment had to be the Weirdboy - he was duh! in turn one, ah hah! frazzle OOA in turn two and all self inflicted!

I'll have some decent terrain for Game 3 and 4 (IG vs. Renegades and Eldar vs. Orks)

Cheers Laney (Battlemap to follow)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy)   Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:14 am

02laney wrote:
... the Sneaky Boss Found a refractor field in the wreckage
LUCKY DOG!!! That is a super prize for him! WOW!

Funny about the Weirdboy! HA! Looking the part!

Remember, if you guys find anything "funny" (not only the haha moments, but weird rules) please let us know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy)   Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Indeed! That is funny! I still remember the day I was playing a Star Wars minis battle game and a had a bounter hunter (no not Boba Fett) with a roll that was along the lines of "never say die" and that roll/save thingy kept him in the game for 7 truns! AND HE WAS THE LAST GUY I HAD! The kicker is that that power normaly only works two times in a row lol

The point is that things happen

(EDIT: The dice gods must have been in my faver as now that I think about it, the guy was being hit by three guys at once)

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy)   Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Nothing funny to report. Very Happy We've left the weirdboy without trying for the bionic eye for now and probably attempt to get one next time round. The sneaky boss was very lucky (cool bit of kit). THe game seemed to polarise between rolls of 1 and 6 (usually at totally the wrong time!)

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy)   Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game 2: Varangian Campaign - There's Something Out There! (pic heavy)
Page 1 of 1