Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard?????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Devo88

Devo88

What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? Empty
PostSubject: What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard?????   What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:44 pm

What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard?????

Help me!!!!

What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? My40Kstuff042

What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? My40Kstuff036
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard?????   What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Is this your model for Roboute Gulliman? His head looks... odd?!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard?????   What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Yes he is! He looks a lot different close up! Here he is not so close!

What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? Spacemarine-1
And I am trying to figure out what minis to use for his body guard?
I got him at the web site on my Singnature!!

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard?????   What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:08 am

For power armour... The obvious choice would be the honour guard from the marneus calgar set as long as you can get a decent finecast version (don't buy anything finecast online, until they sort out the 'bubble' issues) or go for the red scorpion honour guard at forgeworld.

For terminator armour - I would probably go for assault terminators and pre-heresy them (no crux terminatus for example) and maybe swap the tops of the thunder hammers for blades (to get an honour guard feel). For a bigger modelling project try the grey knights set (nicer suits - and his honour guard would have the best) - but de-greyknighting them would be difficult.

For a real alternative idea check out Scibor, his Caesar of Rome (Emperor) is outstanding and he has several models that would work (plus excellent conversion materials). Not at all cheap - but would look great!
http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=1061#i/2011/big/sf_cezar_of_rome_02.jpg
What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? Sf_cezar_of_rome_01

Hope this helps!

Laney

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard?????   What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:08 am

WOW! That is EXACTLY what I was expecting from GW's FineCast... and not the SUPER lame re-casting of the same models. I mean, that would be nice for a 2nd wave of models... but they should had opened with Primarchs (Limited Edition, for collectors) and several of the most popular Independent Characters (in new poses and LOTS more detail).

Thanks for the share, Laney!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard?????   What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 8:49 am

Wow, Laney Great site, that got my blood pumping LOL I have the honour guard from Marneus Calgar! I will look in to the finecast versions! OH by the way guys thanke for your input Pistol
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard?????   What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:55 pm

If the description on those scibor models is correct, then those models are huge, probably being almost 50mm high despite it supposedly being 28mm scale (the base is supposedly 40mm and hes definitly taller than the base is wide). So it probably wouldn't work for 40k really, I think its a bit too big for true scale marines even, though I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard?????   What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:53 am

They have 28 mm 54 mm! Check out the site though a bit on the pricie side!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard?????   What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:09 am

The guy in the picture is a model of the Caesar of Rome (Read: Emperor of Mankind in 40k) so he is Primarch sized (or should be) and he's in terminator-like armour - so he's scaled right for the character he is(not). He's modelled loosely on the pics from the Horus Heresy book of the emperor.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard?????   What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:07 am

My bad then, I thought primarchs would be big, but not 10ft tall big. So ignore my previous comment then Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard?????   What should I use as Roboute Gulliman the Ultra-Marine Primarch's body guard????? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1