Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWII Mk III Spitfire

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DoZer

DoZer

WWII Mk III Spitfire Empty
PostSubject: WWII Mk III Spitfire   WWII Mk III Spitfire I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 1:29 pm

Since this is really off topic to what normally is posted on this forum, I decided to place this in here.

This was a model that I received for christmas, and for a change of pace from GW models I put this together.

The plane belongs to Wing Commander Douglas Bader of the British RAF. In late 1931 he crashed his plane while performing a slow roll, and lost both of his legs. Come the start of WWII, he re-enlisted into the RAF and worked his way up from the low ranks to that of a Wing Commander ( commanded 3-4 Squadrons of planes, which total roughly 72-96 Planes).

He was shot down in August of 1941, and was subsequently taken prisoner and was released in the spring of 1945.

Here's the pictures of the plane!!

WWII Mk III Spitfire 1_bmp10

WWII Mk III Spitfire 2_bmp10

WWII Mk III Spitfire 3_bmp10

WWII Mk III Spitfire 4_bmp10

WWII Mk III Spitfire 5_bmp10
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: WWII Mk III Spitfire   WWII Mk III Spitfire I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:34 pm

Cool model... we could make some cool crashed vehicle for Death Squads! Just kidding! HA!

Great model... and the history lesson was cool too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: WWII Mk III Spitfire   WWII Mk III Spitfire I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Yup!! Craziest part is that at the time he was shot down he had 22.5 confirmed kills.........all while flying with TWO prosthetic legs (keep in mind back in 1930's prosthetic legs were essentially for looks). When he was shot down one of his legs was mangled when he bailed out of his spitfire. The germans allowed the RAF to airdrop his extra set of prosthetics because they respected him so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWII Mk III Spitfire   WWII Mk III Spitfire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWII Mk III Spitfire
Page 1 of 1