Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DoZer's Hall of Honor

Go down 
+5
Laney
Gatlag Stonetooth
Mordheimer
Colonel Prius
DoZer
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DoZer

DoZer

DoZer's Hall of Honor  Empty
PostSubject: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:29 pm

++UPDATE 6-12-11++

So.....I am tired of seeing all the grey plastic, Black, white, and blue base painted models sitting around my place. As such I am going to push myself to get some painting done. This is a thread dedicated to getting my ass in gear, as I have promised many a finished model to a fellow Developer, who has been waiting oh so very patiently for them to be completed.

To Be Built:
- 1 x Dark Eldar Raider
- 10 x Dark Eldar Warriors
- 5 x Space Marine Sternguard

To Be Painted:
- 17 x Space Marine Terminators (33% completed)
- 40+ Space Marine Power Armor (I am hesitant to actually go get the correct count, for fear of seeing such a depressing sight)
- 15 x Dark Eldar Warriors (base painted)
- 25 x Dark Eldar Wyches (base painted)
- 3 x Dark Eldar Raiders (base painted)
- 3 x Dark Eldar Ravagers (base painted)
- 1 x Space Marine Land Raider (base painted)
- 3 x Space Marine Rhino (only primary color)
- 1 x Space Marine Razorback (base painted)
- 2 x Space Marine Dreadnoughts (colors and 50% of detail)
- 2 x Space Marine Predator (base painted)
- 5 x Space Marine Bikes (primary colors)
- 2 x Space Marine Drop Pod (1 is has primary color, 1 is in need of drastic repair after being dropped......)
- 14 x Armageddon Steel Legion (primary colors)
- 6 x Chaos Cultist (primary and 75% of detail)
- 6 x Chaos Space Marines for Mord (primary and 25% of detail)
- A metric ton of Warp Entity's for Mord (Base painted)
- 2 x IG Snipers of various regional platoons

To Be Based and Flocked:
- 1 x Jump Pack Space Marine Chaplain
- 1 x Terminator Space Marine Chaplain
- 1 x Terminator Space Marine Librarian
- 1 x Eye Poker Catachan Sniper (this one is of no fault of my own, as the owner doesn't know what he will be doing for the base as of yet).
- 6 x Armageddon Steel Legion Officers

COMPLETED!!!!!!!:
- 1 x Dark Eldar Raider (6/5/11)
- 10 x Dark Eldar Warriors (6/5/11)

Holy........Crap........

I have a lot of work to do!!

Stayed tuned for further updates!!!

Last edited by DoZer on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Completed Warrior Squad and Raider Transport:

First 5, including the special weapons and squad leader

DoZer's Hall of Honor  Img_1310

Last 5

DoZer's Hall of Honor  Img_1311

Raider

DoZer's Hall of Honor  Img_1312

Raider other side

DoZer's Hall of Honor  Img_1313

Front Gunner

DoZer's Hall of Honor  Img_1314

Driver

DoZer's Hall of Honor  Img_1315

DoZer's Hall of Honor  Img_1316

Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:50 pm

Nice! awesome paintjob
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 3:06 pm

By the Emperor's Spleen... those are some amazing looking Dark Eldar! Love the attention to detail on the controls. The blue highlights are AMAZING! Well done man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 3:23 pm

Wow! What a noble goal! One I never dare to challenge myself with...
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Gatlag Stonetooth wrote:
Wow! What a noble goal! One I never dare to challenge myself with...
"sigh" this I know.......

I've got a lot coming up, but without the ability to play as much as I used to has freed up time to paint. I am borderline being done with the officer class for the Armageddon Steel Legion, I just need to figure out how to base and flock them. Any suggestions would be a great help.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 8:12 pm

HAHAH! I should put you to work on TLRB! HAHAH!

WHAT? I can dream...
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 3:35 pm

DoZer wrote:
I've got a lot coming up, but without the ability to play as much as I used to has freed up time to paint. I am borderline being done with the officer class for the Armageddon Steel Legion, I just need to figure out how to base and flock them. Any suggestions would be a great help.
Got any pictures of them? Which colors are they painted?
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:29 pm

Here was the test model. Its here in the painting thread somewhere......but I never finished off the squad......

MORDHEIMER'S EDIT: I looked for the thread... I'm NOT lazy nor dozing off. Sleep

The original thread is HERE... but I will see your picture and raise you ALL of them. Just Kidding Enclosing pictures here for your enjoyment in ONE thread. Don't ever say I don't care!

DoZer wrote:
Well, I hit the motherload. A gentlemen at our LGS (Local Game Store, for those who don't know) had acquired roughly 6,000 points of IG from a friend of his. They came from various era's, from 2nd Ed to 4th Ed of 40k. As such he had about 40 Steel Legion troopers. 6 Months previous, I had given him 5 Terminators that I was not using in my Deathwing army (I have 45 termies, whats 5 more right???), and told him that at some point I would call in a favor. Well, I called in that favor. I got the pick of litter, and choose 20 of them for my IG squad. I just calculated the cost of these models, and for $50 of termies, I got roughly $125 of steel legion. One hell of a deal if you ask me.

Anyways, since these came from another army, they were painted in the scheme the previous owner chose. Lets just say the scheme sucked, and the painting was horrendous. They got a Simple Green bath, with a gentle scrub from a tooth brush and a scraping with a dental tool to clean out the crevice's.

What you see here is the best that could be accomplished, as the paint that was on them is roughly 10 years old....

I am not 100% set on the paint scheme yet, as I do not like the actual Steel Legion paint scheme. The Officer helmets will be marked with there rank, as well as have a vertical white bar if they are an commissioned officer, and a horizontal bar if they are NCO's. Think of them like the helmet markings for WWII paratroopers.

For those that don't know what I am talking about....
DoZer's Hall of Honor  Helmet10

Here they are!

DoZer's Hall of Honor  101_0217

My Captain, will be painted as a Captain (fancy that!)
DoZer's Hall of Honor  101_0218

A Lieutenant, will be painted as an Lt.
DoZer's Hall of Honor  101_0219

Another Lieutenant and a Sergeant, but both will be painted as a Sergeants.
DoZer's Hall of Honor  101_0220

A sergeant and my LGT officer, both will be painted as Corporals.
DoZer's Hall of Honor  101_0221

DoZer wrote:
Update: Worked for about 4 hours last night on my test paint scheme. Obviously he is not completely finished (lasgun, gloves and boots need work), but I am very pleased with the overall colors.

Here is the test model. I apologize for the pictures being kinda blury, I didn't have the time to sit down and take some decent ones.

DoZer's Hall of Honor  101_0222

DoZer's Hall of Honor  101_0223

DoZer's Hall of Honor  101_0224

DoZer's Hall of Honor  101_0225

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:55 pm

I really like that blue-grey... a gold and red insignia (Squad ID) would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 1:02 am

Superb Dark Eldar - great job on the blue highlighting and the white weapons on the warrior squad are very effective. I really liked the steel legion first time I saw them - you definitely need to get them finished!

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:49 am

Looking very nice indeed! Very Happy
Most Steel Legion models their bases are themed like they are walking around in the wastelands (gravel, sand, dirt). I think I would be nice to theme the bases like as if they are walking through one the massive hives of Armegeddon. (it could be intact or blown to rubbles)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:43 am

Ha! Updated Dozer's Steel Legion post (above) with all the pretty pics from the original thread (LINK). If you ask me, the most important communications on that thread are as follow:

Mordheimer wrote:
Great model! Bring it to the game! I want to cuddle with it! Maybe I get lucky! Wink
DoZer wrote:
NO SWALLOWING!!!!
Mordheimer wrote:
Embarassed Wow... that sounds bad. I know what you mean... my personal rule that if I can swallow something is mine... but with the previous comment of cuddling. Shocked

Since we are in Dozer's thread, here are some link to some of his stuff too!
  • Class Reunion from Hell... Dozer's Imperial Renegades LINK
  • Chaos Space Marine, Mark of Nurgle: LINK
  • Chaos Space Marine, Skull Champion: LINK

Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:45 pm

Now, I cant wait to see them when they are done!!!
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Thanks all for the comments. I've been working diligently on the Steel Legion, 3 officers are painted, the 3 others are at 95%. The recruits are all base painted black, but I am working on getting them into the cool blue primary color. Expect more photos to come later this week!
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:43 pm

Sorry for the long wait on the next update, but here it is!!

Armageddon Steel Legion Officer class is done except for basing. The recruit class has gotten its primary color as well as a wash, and re-paint to bring out some areas.

So more news: I have become the recipient of another 10 terminators......resulting in a total of 46...... Shocked .... I am working on a new Deathwing List for 40k, and those 10 add a most of what is needed. List is updated at the top!!!

So on to the good stuff....Pictures!!!

Sergeants and a Lad's Got Talent

DoZer's Hall of Honor  Img_1318

DoZer's Hall of Honor  Img_1319

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1388

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1389

Captain and Lieutenants

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1390

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1391

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1392

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1393

Group Shot

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1394

Last edited by DoZer on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Cool steel legion - the plasma gunner is ace!

Any chance of some pics of your deathwing? (gotta love termies)

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:19 pm

Ask and ye' shall receive!!

Actually all you get is a linky....cause I'm lazy Very Happy

Deathwing

These are about 2 years old.....I've added a bunch since then that haven't properly photographed by our forums favorite photographer.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:34 am

Looking very cool! You already have a plan for the bases?
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Bump!!

New pics added....my coding wasn't working right when I first put up the post. So fixed!!
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:04 pm

They all look awesome!

I particularly like the marks on the back of the helmets to denote rank, it's a really nice touch.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:31 pm

GREAT MODELS MAN! I do envy your black-lining technique (and patience). What's cooking for bases?

dumdeedum wrote:
I particularly like the marks on the back of the helmets to denote rank, it's a really nice touch.
Gentlemen... THIS is the difference between a brilliant man and a stupid man. I thought that the marks on the back of the helmets were a space to write the Fighter's name... like your mom did to your underwear when you were going to summer camp. I could try to conjure some excuse for my lack of intelligence... but Dozer knows I got nothing.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
GREAT MODELS MAN! I do envy your black-lining technique (and patience). What's cooking for bases?

No idea......I'm going to try and mess around with it tonight and see what I can come up with.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:23 pm

Update: Figured out the basing scheme....I know some of you wanted to see destroyed buildings as the base.....but since I have an army already with that scheme (Imperial Renegades) I went with something that I don't have. I settled on a brown base with grey/snakebite leather highlights, with ruined brush static grass. It is kind of like the Ash Wastes of Armageddon, I know.....but I like the contrast between the blue color on the models with the tan base.

For those of you who didn't know this, when placing static grass, first shake a bunch of it in a metal bowl. This generates a static charge to the grass, lining them up parallel to each other. It makes it easier to place in clumps that are pointing upwards like a true grass does.

On to pics!!

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1402

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1403

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1404

After posting this, I noticed a HUGE chunk of the base rock missing.....glue must not of held as well as it needed to. Will go back and fix it.

Pics of the Officer Class so far:

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1401

Recruit Group getting its main colors, about 85% complete:

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1405

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1406

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1407

DoZer's Hall of Honor  IMG_1408
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:03 am

DoZer wrote:
Update: Figured out the basing scheme....I know some of you wanted to see destroyed buildings as the base.....but since I have an army already with that scheme (Imperial Renegades) I went with something that I don't have. I settled on a brown base with grey/snakebite leather highlights, with ruined brush static grass. It is kind of like the Ash Wastes of Armageddon, I know.....but I like the contrast between the blue color on the models with the tan base.
I opted for the destroyed hive bases, but since you already have an army with that scheme I'd also go for another.
This looks indeed very nice! Perhaps you can add a small highlight of grey on the earth to break it a bit apart. Don't know if it'll look good but it's worth a try I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DoZer's Hall of Honor    DoZer's Hall of Honor  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DoZer's Hall of Honor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next