Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

B'orks revisited

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

B'orks revisited  Empty
PostSubject: B'orks revisited    B'orks revisited  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:59 am

After being away for a bit I have had to revisit my Ork squad so it is more inline with the current rules and also add some stuff I am wanting to play test at a latter date.

B'orks revisited  1006249

Front Row:
three gretchins two equipped with Grot armour and grot weapon [ready to fly high and land big. Eek, and Sq'eek] middle one with grot weapon [Meek]

Second Row: [left to right]
Painboy[Doc Saw], Weirdboy [DaZapa] , Grot Aid: Orderly [Stitches], Grot Aid: Ammo [KaBoom], Burnaboy [Pyro], Kommandoz [Shrub], loota [Donk]

Thrid Row: [left to right]
Flashy Git [Full-Metal], Ard' Boy [Drill-bit], Nob [, Ard' Boy [Tusks], Sneaky Boss [WHoME]

Back Row: [left to right]
Deff Copta [Huey], Trash-kan [Pee-pot], Bika-boy [Axe-Me], da fighta-plane [Va-Rooom]

tried to do some better pics but the lighting sucked and I have spent the last hour deleting pics will try again soon.

Cheers
LGW

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

B'orks revisited  Empty
PostSubject: Re: B'orks revisited    B'orks revisited  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 2:36 am

What about a LIST?
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

B'orks revisited  Empty
PostSubject: Re: B'orks revisited    B'orks revisited  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 2:49 am

Mordheimer wrote:
What about a LIST?

Don't be silly Orks don't need a list...... LOL

I'll get one sorted out soon I just wanted to show what I had available to use and what I am hoping to play test [eg when we get to the vehicles]. Got to love the orks.....

Will post more pics soon.

EDIT:
Ork NobHelmet, Mesh armor, choppa,blasta 109
Sneaky BossChoppa,shoota,smoke gas grenades 102
Flashy GitBlasta, Slugga 89
Ard' Boy [Drill-bit]Club, Shoota 76
Ard' Boy [Tusks]sword,sword 71
Kommandochoppa, Frag grenades, 66
BurnaBoyBurna 67
LootaShoota 63
Trash-KanBurna 104
TOTAL747

I wanted to take the Painboy and Weirdboy but just didn't have the points.
what I plan:
Nob: to get looted carapace armour, kustom blasta
Flashy Gitz: Snazzgun, armour, helmet, Grot aid,
Sneaky Boss: Mesh armour, Helmet,
Painboy: get one, Grot aid
Weirdboy: get one, Grot aid
Ard' Boy [Drill-Bit]: shrug leave as he is for now and what for skills to direct me
Ard' Boy [Tusks]: shrug leave as he is for now and what for skills to direct me

Ork Boyz: will have to add some of these eventually to fill in the gaps when I want to max the squad.
Grotz: get some and up grade to AIDS. [Flashy gitz= target Aid, PainBoy= Orderly, etc]
Loota: buy big SHOOTA [dah]
Burna: buy shield
Kommando: more grenades, maybe better gun.
Trash-Kan: armour then buzz saw and big shoota.

And then when the Vehicles come in add in:
Ork Bika
Deff Copta
Fi'ta-plane

well that's about it

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

B'orks revisited  Empty
PostSubject: Re: B'orks revisited    B'orks revisited  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:34 am

Nice list... seems small, but packs a punch.

Quote :
I wanted to take the Painboy and Weirdboy but just didn't have the points.
Stupid Zero-To-Hero design... Just Kidding It is a trade-off... decision, decisions, decisions!

My observations:
* Nob: I don't think you are maximizing his rule to start with great gear on the cheap. You save 50%! Dump the Mesh and Blasta, get him that Looted Carapace and a Club. Later get that Kustom Blasta. Buy the Smoke Grenades for the Nob (50% off!) and AFTER the 1st game, give them to the Sneaky Boss! Just Kidding

* Trash Kan: That thing is EATING your resources. You better protect him!

* Boyz: Yes, you need to fill in the ranks. The Squad is missing the that Toughness!

* Painboy should be the 1st Unit you get. He is the insurance against some of the B'Orks going off-line permanently.

* Grot Aids are a luxury... get them after the main ranks are working. Besides... you need BOYZ in order to have Grots!

* Burna Boy: I'm fairly sure that you can't have a Flamer and a Combat Shield. Bulky Armament and Hefty Armament rules.

Well, that is all. Let's see how that list works for you!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

B'orks revisited  Empty
PostSubject: Re: B'orks revisited    B'orks revisited  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:03 am

I wan't an Ork Squad...
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

B'orks revisited  Empty
PostSubject: Re: B'orks revisited    B'orks revisited  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:44 am

Quote :

My observations:
* Nob: I don't think you are maximizing his rule to start with great gear on the cheap. You save 50%! Dump the Mesh and Blasta, get him that Looted Carapace and a Club. Later get that Kustom Blasta. Buy the Smoke Grenades for the Nob (50% off!) and AFTER the 1st game, give them to the Sneaky Boss!

Isn't the looted carapace armour rarity 7? I thought we could only take Rarity 4 items on set up otherwise I'd have taken the Looted carapace armour.

Quote :

* Trash Kan: That thing is EATING your resources. You better protect him!

Trash-kan armour is rarity 6 again didn't think i was allowed it

Quote :

* Burna Boy: I'm fairly sure that you can't have a Flamer and a Combat Shield. Bulky Armament and Hefty Armament rules

I am certain I could do this before I left i had my chaos cultists armed this way. shrug if its changed then I'll change my list accordingly

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

B'orks revisited  Empty
PostSubject: Re: B'orks revisited    B'orks revisited  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
Isn't the looted carapace armour rarity 7?
Yes. You are right... the Nob can NOT buy it, because you can only buy items with Rarity 5 or less. MY bad! Stick of Doom I got confused with the IG Captain, who can buy any one item he can use of any Rarity at full price. Embarassed

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
I thought we could only take Rarity 4 items on set up otherwise I'd have taken the Looted carapace armour.
No; you can buy items Rarity 5 or less. From TLRB, Vol. 1 - Core Rules, page 120.
Rare Acquisitions
[...]

At this point, Officers will attempt to acquire Rare Items, which are harder to find. More likely these items are in high demand or hard to manufacture. When creating your Squad, usually to play a single game or start a Campaign, Players are allowed to buy items for their Officers and Recruits with a Rarity Value of 5 or less as if they were Common Items (without requiring roll to find such item.) This represents the time & effort invested in forming and equipping your Squad. After the Campaign starts, you may only acquire such exceptional items by locating them on the field by rolling on the Post-Battle Sequence as normal. Specific Units may be restricted in regard to which types of weapons they can use.

[...]

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
Trash-kan armour is rarity 6 again didn't think i was allowed it
I meant that you may not want to go crazy with the Trash-Kan in front of your B'Orks. If he it is destroyed (killed in the post-game) you would suffer to recover. Being so short on many aspects, not having Armor for it for a few games is risky. You are right... no starting Armor for the big guy... BE CAREFUL!

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
I am certain I could do this before I left i had my chaos cultists armed this way. shrug if its changed then I'll change my list accordingly.
Wow... that was LONG time ago! In TLRB v0.4.0 the Combat Shield was a for of Armor. It was really screwy, so we removed it. TLRB v0.4.5 and above did not had the Shield. For this revision, Dozer came up with a nice idea how to integrate it properly... it basically allows Parry, and depending on the Shield something more. The balancing is that it has the Busy Hands Special Rule, which indicates that the Shield works as an item on the Fighter's Secondary Hand. The Flamer has the Requires Two Hands Special Rule, which indicates that the Fighter may not use anything on his Secondary Hand... thus no Shield. I know... it is VERY Ninja I'm actually impressed that you were the one that found the wall first... hehehehe So you were right; before you could do it, but not with the latest revision. Go be sneaky somewhere else!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

B'orks revisited  Empty
PostSubject: Re: B'orks revisited    B'orks revisited  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:28 pm

WOW i was right about something

Lol about the flamer/shield option it was a long time ago......

LGW
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

B'orks revisited  Empty
PostSubject: Re: B'orks revisited    B'orks revisited  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:00 am

here are some close up pics of the Vehicles....

Next Update will be the officers.

Da Fly Guy on his BAT [B'ork Aircraft Thing]

B'orks revisited  Img3956qx

Buzz on Deff Kopta

B'orks revisited  Img3962l

Hakka on his Bike

B'orks revisited  Img3964u

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

B'orks revisited  Empty
PostSubject: Re: B'orks revisited    B'orks revisited  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Cool conversions - much better in the close ups

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

B'orks revisited  Empty
PostSubject: Re: B'orks revisited    B'orks revisited  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Laney wrote:
Cool conversions - much better in the close ups

Laney Very Happy

yeah my camera is crap so my bro-inlaw was over yesterday and took alot of pics for me.

Will post the officers shortly. Had to rearrange a few of the figs in my squad due to the recent changes in the orks my squad was out dated. I need to get me some Ork boyz as I actually don't have any lol.....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

B'orks revisited  Empty
PostSubject: Re: B'orks revisited    B'orks revisited  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Nice... specially the B.A.T.!!! How about some paint? Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

B'orks revisited  Empty
PostSubject: Re: B'orks revisited    B'orks revisited  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:12 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Nice... specially the B.A.T.!!! How about some paint? Just Kidding

All in good time got to find the time to paint when I don't have sick kids/wife and myself is well to.

Seems its not been one week where we have all been well.....

I am going to make time this coming weekend to get some much over due painting done......

But its daunting placing pics up here when your work is going to be compared to those legends Laney, Deafnala, and the other amazing guys/girls on here [do we have girls on this site.....???] whom have painted master pieces.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

B'orks revisited  Empty
PostSubject: Re: B'orks revisited    B'orks revisited  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B'orks revisited
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: