Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death World Terrain ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sgt_Lucifer_Drake

Sgt_Lucifer_Drake

Death World Terrain ? Empty
PostSubject: Death World Terrain ?   Death World Terrain ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Anybody know of an good tutorials outside the old GW terrain guide for building Death World themed terrain ? If not, do you have any personal suggestions from your own work as a gamer/hobbist ?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Death World Terrain ?   Death World Terrain ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:55 pm

What kind of Deathworld is it? Post apocalyptic (like Death Korps's Krieg)? The more details you give us from your vision, the more we could say. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sgt_Lucifer_Drake

Sgt_Lucifer_Drake

PostSubject: Re: Death World Terrain ?   Death World Terrain ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Sorry I should have clarified.. I had the old art of the Catachan Codex in mind when I posted. Earth-like & possibly alien jungle mainly .
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Death World Terrain ?   Death World Terrain ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:00 am

A good place to start might be the pet store (any place with a decent tropical fish section) and see what plastic plants they have - these make for simple jungle (quick and easy - but don't look great. Better is anything that mimics a mangrove root - I picked three up at a pet store for about £15 (don't know the exchange rate sorry Smile ). On the board they look like the roots/base of giant trees through which your guys can move, hide in etc. - I'll get a pic up when I get a chance.

Another idea for alien rock/fungal growths/plants is to spray foam gap filler onto a shaped foamboard base, you can then paint or spray it to represent a range of deathworld kinds of terrain - this is really easy to do. The good thing about this stuff is that you can cut flat sections into it to create loads of different levels, fix platforms etc and still get an organic look - good for a jungle outpost perhaps.

Just a few ideas

Laney

edit: Found this link when I was looking for block insulation terrain... contains some nice ideas

http://www.tripleacegames.com/Downloads/TerrainBuilding/TT_01_Jungle.pdf
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Death World Terrain ?   Death World Terrain ? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:36 am

Or if you want something more realistic looking you can try the silk flower department at a crafts store.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Death World Terrain ?   Death World Terrain ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:01 am

Aquarium supplies, you know the plastic plants for fish tanks would work.

Go to ebay and type in jungle terrain or wargame terrain and some things should pop up to help you.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Death World Terrain ?   Death World Terrain ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:01 am

I did some with aquarium plants and some stuff from the flower shop... need to get pics. Was cheap and fun. Use a glue gun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Death World Terrain ?   Death World Terrain ? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:06 am

Make sure you are not wearing shorts when you use a glue gun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death World Terrain ?   Death World Terrain ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death World Terrain ?
Page 1 of 1