Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy

Go down 
+5
Narcissus
Arachas
Mordheimer
Dysturbed
tendi
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tendi

Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:33 pm

70?! i have 33F... in the 'hottest' moment of day... when i was cutting out table it was snowing [first snow, yay!] it is dark when i go to work it is dark when i return. And today work was a pain thanks to factory errors... So no progress but i at least gathering materials...
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 5:26 pm

tendi wrote:
it is dark when i go to work it is dark when i return...
Argh! I know how you feel, it's that time of the year here also. I feel like a moleman; no daylight for me these days... Sad
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:27 am

Gatlag Stonetooth wrote:
tendi wrote:
it is dark when i go to work it is dark when i return...
Argh! I know how you feel, it's that time of the year here also. I feel like a moleman; no daylight for me these days... Sad

Ohhh, +1, dude. I have a decent job and my wife loves her family, but otherwise I'd move to a warmer country (to all my friends reading this: nothing personal, guys Cool ). Starting August I catch a flu every other month or so and basically tough it up until March or something. Crappy sea-climate!

But enough complaining. Mord, tendi... time is running out. WE WANT RESULTS!!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:00 pm

I have completed the started paint on six Orb Boyz (see pics here)... I have other 5 or 6 still very raw, so I will tackle them. Once I get in the groove, I will paint the Burna Boy to meet my challenge goals!

So tendi... how is the table? Update please!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
tendi

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy - Page 2 P1010068j

So. Nearly half background done and i run out of glue. And yes i found the way to fit my grey knights and tyranids in to DS. As construction weights. Just Kidding Messy, sticky and smelly but update present Wink

I still think i will manage to do my goal with undercoat by Friday and weekend painting but the time will tell. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tendi

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:07 am

So i failed ;p and no 2 weeks would be enough but my real life things taken time over. And i will not end soon couse of work taking me away for 3 weeks from home but stay tuned it will be finished!

No much of a weekend progress as i was playing instead of constructing and must admit it is perfect for 3 armies to go.

AND i see NO painted ORKS? WHY?!

i take my orks with me and intend to paint them in free time ;p
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 5:23 am

You both suck. Wink

New challenge?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:38 am

So... who wins the challenge?

Tendi's Accomplishments for Building the Table
  • Gathers materials for board.
  • Plans innovative hex table design.
  • Measures and cuts materials for board.
  • Setups basic layout.
  • Enjoys multiple models for scale on board.
Conclusion? Current table is unfinished, but it IS playable... especially if you pretend it is a desert... or a 'wood' planet.
Coolness level? 6.5 out of 10.

Mordheimer's Accomplishments for painting an Ork Burna Boy
  • Moved over 160 lbs of boxes to the 2nd floor room... only to find 40 lbs of his hobby stuff.
  • Started accommodating hobby stuff on room... forced to secure the other 120 lbs in different places in the house.
  • Vacuumed the hobby room 4 times.
  • Fought with 5 year old son because he spread 3 cubit feet of packing peanuts on hobby room... 5 times.
  • Found lots of bitz... all in the bottom of an unrelated box.
  • Spent 2 days organizing new found bitz... maybe it was not such a good idea for the children to help.
  • Found Orks!
  • Completed the work of 6 Ork Boyz (see pics here)... none of them is the Burna Boy.
  • Aligned 6 more unfinished Orks to work on... the Burna Boy is missing.
Conclusion? The Burna Boy is exactly as he was... not even based. We could call him finished if we pretend that he jumped in a vat of fresh cement, otherwise... epic fail!
Coolness level? 2.5 out of 10 (and most of them is for picking up the packing peanuts!

WINNER: TENDI

While I must confess I got more and better pictures... it took me two freaking weeks just to get ready. To make matters worse (for me), what I finished painting (notice that those models had some paint on them) had nothing to do with the challenge. At least Tendi did work on the challenge AND has a playable surface (even if it IS horrible looking! Just Kidding )

I will NOT accept this defeat in kind... I plan to finish the next batch of Orks soon... and then to my Burna Boy.

Arachas wrote:
You both suck. Wink
Hey... not fair posting my secrets! I have a reputation to keep!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Fought with 5 year old son because he spread 3 cubit feet of packing peanuts on hobby room... 5 times.
For that alone your are my winner! cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Well... I'm on a weird mood. I got a haircut after almost 2 years... so I need to paint to battle depression. HA! Update soon. Maybe I can get a late LATE partial win! Just Kidding

@ Tendi: I'm after your covet prize!!! Worthless Without Pi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy   Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Challenge: DS Table From Scrach vs. Burna Boy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2