Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My space hulk terminators

Go down 
+5
Narcissus
Laney
balangaz
Mordheimer
Stryke
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Stryke

Stryke

My space hulk terminators Empty
PostSubject: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 7:34 pm

Thought id share a few of my space hulk terminators with you, finally got around to painting them, and been playing the game iwht my brother and girlfreind, we are loving it! soo hard as the marines though!

My space hulk terminators DSC00443

My space hulk terminators DSC00442

My space hulk terminators DSC00447

My space hulk terminators DSC00448

My space hulk terminators DSC00444

My space hulk terminators DSC00446

My space hulk terminators DSC00449

My space hulk terminators DSC00450

My space hulk terminators DSC00454

My space hulk terminators DSC00455

My space hulk terminators DSC00451

These (as with most of my models lol) are still WIP!

Anyone here play?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:27 pm

LOVE the Genestealers! I still have to paint mine... hehehe... That natural bone look is VERY well executed. Nice combination!

Btw, check DeafNala's Work on my Termies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
balangaz

balangaz

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:53 pm

I was going to paint my Space Hulk Genestealer to match my army, but after seeing them with that albino look, you can just say that they've been locked up on a ship for a long time.

Care to share the colors you used? To me it looks like you have white with black wash and white highlight on skin, a dark grey with a drybrush of light grey on the carapace, bone on claws/teeth and light green on the tongue.

obs: it's not necro if it's still one of the top threads, is it?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Nice work - I particularly like the genestealers - the white/bone in ace!

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Thanks guys! The genestealers were quite tricky to get right, I done them one of two ways,

1 white undercoat, a dark brown wash, gives a nice tone to lay the bleached bone on top! I find blacks too harsh, then layer up to the bone colour, start with a coffee colour like mix, then gradualy build up to the bleach bone, make sure you thin those paints or it will be way to thick! Then highlight with a 50:50 mix of bone and white, tthe claws were sunburst yellow, highlighted with 50:50 sunburst and bleached bone, eyes were goblin green highlighted with 50:50 green and yellow, same as tongue Smile

2 all the same as above only instead of white undercoat, start black and build up the colour from brown to the bone.

as for the carapace, on the broodlord it was black with grey highlights, and on the normal stealers was just the same brown wash painted thinly over so to stain the white colour Smile

hope this helped
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:50 am

Nice work. They are really interesting models. I love what GW is able to do with plastics the last few years.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
balangaz

balangaz

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:21 pm

l'm gonna give it a try on some genestealers, even thou it's got nothing to do with my color scheme. That broodlord really got me =p
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:04 pm

glad I have inspired some Smile ill post pics of them when I have time, coz these are near enough finished now Smile
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:08 am

I'm intending to play, once my city is done. And my space hulk is done... and i've painted my termies... and the stealers... so yes - intending...
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:36 am

You will enjoy it! The mission in the book are very hard to win with the space marines! I have played one or two that were easy for them, but the vast majority requiere planning and a great tactical mind! Plan out ur mission before you play! Thats my best advice, most if not all of your terminators will die lol

we always take on more than we can chew us modellers! I have vowed not to buy any more models until I have painted all that I have! (with the exception of the prisoner exchange :p
Back to top Go down
conscriptboris

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:05 pm

very nice work, been meaning to do mine for ages!....ill get round to it one day Very Happy

Elvis
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 am

Looking really nice!
I envy you, not only for your good painting but also for the fact that you've managed to get a hold of a Space Hulk box! Smile
Back to top Go down
rhuntar

rhuntar

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:20 pm

These look fantastic!!

My Space Hulk itch has been flaring up recently, and I think this will make it worse...

I managed to play, one game, this past summer with a friend who then went back to grad school in Virginia, and my box has been sitting idle ever since.

Seeing as Space Hulk is intergral in my secret plans to lure a couple of my friends into full fledged DS addictions, I could probably use some extra push towards getting games organized.

Thanks for the pics! I really like the color scheme for the genestealers. I had forgotten just how much detail they managed to cram onto those terminators. Awesome job on bringing all the decals, etc. out!

-rhuntar
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Oftheninefinger
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:25 am

Not to hijack, rhuntar... but you should check DeafNala's Work on my Termies. Wink

PS: I still love Stryke's Genestealers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:48 pm

Thanks man!

I just wanted to do something diff with the stealers, I was fed up of the blue/purple. always thought it to be a bit naff looking, wanted something resembling Geiger's alien, but ended up being more bone coloured than I would of liked Smile still looks nice though Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My space hulk terminators   My space hulk terminators I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My space hulk terminators
Page 1 of 1