Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Da Blood axes are in da town.

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
maxxev
6 posters
AuthorMessage
maxxev

maxxev

Da Blood axes are in da town. Empty
PostSubject: Da Blood axes are in da town.   Da Blood axes are in da town. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:04 am

When I saw the Rackham trackers of Behemoth figures I immediately saw blood axe orks, so when they were beind sold off when Rackham went pre painted plastics (and then bankrupt) I bought some of them, however I only managed to get the one blister a few times over, Anyway, combineing with some spare ork parts I had I think i;ve managed to make an OK job with just 2 body variations to create the offiers and Kommandos for my blood axe mob.

Now i'm not an Ork player so this is something new to me, the reason I chose Orks is that there is no Tau list yet, I haven't got the patience presently to glue tiny limbs of Kroot together and I will NOT play as Humans (and Eldar I just don't have the enthusiasm for the current squad as it stands).

Besides when the Tau come out it just means i'll have a squad to lend someone else Smile.

Anyway on with the piccies Smile.

The NOB:
Da Blood axes are in da town. DSCN9982

The Sneaky boss so far:
Da Blood axes are in da town. DSCN9979

The 'ard Boyz so far:
Da Blood axes are in da town. DSCN9981

The flash git:
Da Blood axes are in da town. DSCN9980

The Kommandos:
Da Blood axes are in da town. DSCN9978

My boyz will be based on plastics rather than the Rackham figures and I haven't started them yet.

Comments and Critisism welcome Smile.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Da Blood axes are in da town.   Da Blood axes are in da town. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:57 am

PRETTY COOL! I love the trench coats...plus it's good to see some Orks with decent posture. Keep up the FINE WORK! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Da Blood axes are in da town.   Da Blood axes are in da town. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 11:04 am

I like where you are going with this. Very creative. You have managed to 'mask' successfully the recycled torsos and make each model VERY unique!

Only criticism is the AXE of the Nob... seems so... tiny. He IS the Nob... huge axe with lots of teef!! I like the Kommandoz... very cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
maxxev

maxxev

PostSubject: Re: Da Blood axes are in da town.   Da Blood axes are in da town. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 11:09 am

Mordheimer wrote:
I like where you are going with this. Very creative. You have managed to 'mask' successfully the recycled torsos and make each model VERY unique!

Only criticism is the AXE of the Nob... seems so... tiny. He IS the Nob... huge axe with lots of teef!! I like the Kommandoz... very cool.

Unfortunately I realised I didn't have any more axes after making my 'ard boyz so I had to resort to a random axe from my bits box, it's the only other one I've got.... Sad

I'm going to try and source a replacement but I wanted to get something on him to work out how to sculpt the arm / pose.

I was going for a similar pose to the IG steel legion sarg / LT model.

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Da Blood axes are in da town.   Da Blood axes are in da town. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 11:38 am

No need to remove it. Look at what Laney did for Da Green Devil Kommandos(LINK)... you could model some teeth for the axe.

Da Blood axes are in da town. Img_6043
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Da Blood axes are in da town.   Da Blood axes are in da town. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:36 pm

Superb creativity Maxxev!

Great use of models (Some old Rackham stuff has been released under a different name, I believe - the models were amazing)

Love the unique look of these guys - gas masks would look cool too.

What do you have planned for a colour scheme?

Mord - To be fair I didn't model the extra teef, they came on the plastic bit from the Ard Boyz kit - but Da Mottled Wun is one of my favourite models.

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
maxxev

maxxev

PostSubject: Re: Da Blood axes are in da town.   Da Blood axes are in da town. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:44 pm

Not sure about colour scheme, but I know that blood axes like and "get" the idea of camo, but often end up using more bright colours that you would expect in proper cammo...

I'm probably going to do them with Blue and grey coats... but IDK, i'm well out of my depth with orks. I usualy paint stuff either grey:
Da Blood axes are in da town. DSCN9819

or white:
Da Blood axes are in da town. DSCN0907

I had a lot of fun recently painting some fantasy models with a red scheme, being different from my normal drab colours made it a quite surprisingly enjoyable experience, hence why i'm again going out of my comfort zone with the idea of blue as the main colour...
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Da Blood axes are in da town.   Da Blood axes are in da town. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:19 am

Cool models!

I like the grey - the depth and variation in the grey makes for a visually interesting squad (doesn't need to be gaudy) - where are those models from? (they would be perfect for arbites) but it is good to stretch yourself. My wife would love to see more white models in my collection - that would be bright compared to the usual camo stuff.

Having seen these paintjobs I am really looking forward to seeing those orks painted.

Laney

Last edited by Laney on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more stuff to say)
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Da Blood axes are in da town.   Da Blood axes are in da town. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:24 am

Yiiiikes these are cool Orks. Awesome poses and I don't even like Orks! Well done!
Back to top Go down
maxxev

maxxev

PostSubject: Re: Da Blood axes are in da town.   Da Blood axes are in da town. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:59 am

Hi the dwarves are from warmachine:

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/mercenaries/units/hammerfall-high-shield-gun-corps-unit

Thank you on the positive comments guys Smile.

Frankly I'm not a fan of Orks in general, my brain is far more inclined to go with ordered / uniform troops than it is with chaos or Orks, but when I saw these bodies, I just had to buy them for Blood axe conversions.

Blood axe guys kind of appeal to me, ever since I saw the original Kommando models (which wore uniforms and had uniform weapons and gear), I always thought those models were cool and one day vowed to have my own blood axe troops.

I'll play this squad until a suitable Alien squad is released, though Laney has got me thinking about using a renegade list for a Xenos unit now where I might be able to combine a number of my random Xenos conversions / ideas in one Squad.... VERY tempted to do that too, but I will finish converting this squad first.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Da Blood axes are in da town.   Da Blood axes are in da town. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Great stuff man!
Considering the looks of your other models those orks are gonna be darn sweet! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Da Blood axes are in da town.   Da Blood axes are in da town. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Da Blood axes are in da town.
Page 1 of 1