Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ

Go down 
+5
Komfritten
Laney
Narcissus
Matt12z
Mordheimer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:37 am

FAQ's Updated: January 27, 2012.
Based on previous experiences, here are some issues that we had to deal with in the past. Feel free to ask some more!

Q: Can I make any model I want?
A: Yes, as long as it can be used in Death Squads. If your Recipient likes Eldar, but you hate them... you could send him an Ork. OR... you push yourself and paint an Eldar. Let the everyone know "I have never painted an Eldar before... I think they suck! So this will be my ONLY attempt to paint one of these guys..." Who knows... by the end, your comment could be "I still hate Eldar, but now I really understand how difficult is to paint these models. I'm glad I painted one... too bad I had to send my pride and joy away! Take care of my little Skittles!!!" Remember... push your creativity and boundaries. Try to create new things and test new techniques... evn if they are out of your comfort zone!

Q: Do I have to make a model that is in a 25mm base?
A: No. You could go larger if you want... but that will be your choice, not forced by rules nor the person you will send your Prisoner to. Check the Prisoners sent in 2010... some of them had scenic bases (a little unplayable, but great looking), others had playable Prisoners also attached to 60mm bases (which had a cool diorama). The choice is YOURS.

Q: Do I really have to base the model?
A: Hmmm... what do you think? Smack Here is a hint... two seconds after you ship your Prisoner, you should regret not keeping such a cool model. THAT is what you are aiming for! If the coolest model you could ever have is not based... then we are very sad for you. I hated sending my Prisoner away... but I'm proud that someone has it... who became a great friend because of the Event! Use the oportunity to push your skills and make friends!

Q: Can I send something else, besides the Prisoner?
A: Prisoners love company! You do NOT have to send anything else, but in the past, some people have (voluntarily) take the opportunity to send something else. The Event is about camaraderie and friendship... a short story about the Prisoner, an extra model a lucky die... the rules are about the Prisoner. Whatever you do in addition, is YOUR choice.

Q: Should I be waiting to see who I get assigned and what they request or should I just build what I want, right now?
A: You do NOT have to wait to be assigned a Recipient, if you don't want to. The Recipients will be determined in February 20th... so if you are impatient, inspired or slow (like me!), then you can start. You could check the sign-up and find something that is more or less mainstream and start working on it now. Or you can start on several pieces and decide which one to send later, when you know the Recipient. Regardless... do what YOU think is right.

Q: I suddenly got VERY busy and I won't be able to finish my Prisoner on time! I will finish it... but I think I will miss the shipping deadline!!! What can I do?
A: Be honest! We all know this is a hobby. If you have been posting WiP pictures (we love 'em!!!) and suddenly you got busy, post it! People will understand that your guy may be a little late. If you know who you are to send your Prisoner and you are close to the shipping date... send the recipient a PM. BE FRIENDLY!

Q: I changed my mind... I decided to not make a model after all. I'm sorry. What now?
A: If you can't man-up and take your own promise seriously, no matter what is your personal cost... fine. Stop whining, send a PM the Mordheimer. He will find someone to step up the plate and make an EXTRA Prisoner for the Recipient... it is not his fault you turned out to be a wimp.

Q: When we get round to starting to work on the Prisoner, where should we post WiP pictures to share?
A: Good question! I suggest making a log (new thread) under the Prisoner Exchange Event 2012 section (LINK) so we can all find it with ease. Best, one participant, one log (thread).

Q: Should we post WiP shots or is it all a secret until the recipient gets the model?
A: Part of the fun is sharing the creative process. You could (but you don't have to) create a Prisoner Log and share WiP (Work in Progress) pictures. Participants in the past never revealed the final model, allowing the new owner to share his Prisoner with pride. Think of it this way... how cool would be to follow the creation of this model, only to receive it few weeks later? Create excitement around YOUR Prisoner!

Q: Is the recipient a secret until they receive the model?
A: The destination of your Prisoner (and thus, the Recipient) will be revealed privately to each participant via PM after the sign-up period is over. Although not mandatory, you should NOT reveal who you will send the model to, as to keep the surprise. If you get in trouble (forced to delay shipping), then it would be nice if you communicate to the Recipient what is going on. You could do that on your WiP Log, on the open forum, via PM, or with the assistance of anyone in the Staff (we will pass your message)... just make sure someone in the Staff knows what is going on.

Q: If we finish the model before the shipping date, can we send it earlier?
A: The objective of a specific shipping date is that everyone should receive their Prisoner around the same time. If your Recipient lives far away from you (and thus shipping time may be longer than usual), by all means do what you think. What we don't want is any Recipient receiving a Prisoner before the Shipping Date, as it is not fair to the other Participants. Use your best judgement!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Another question, and I feel slightly dumb asking it. When we get round to starting to work on the prisoner, where do you want the w.i.p pictures putting?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Good question! I suggest making a log (new thread) under the Prisoner Exchange Event 2012 section (LINK) so we can all find it with ease. Best, one participant, one log (thread).

Will add this to the FAQ. THANKS!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:44 am

Should we post WIP shots or is it all a secret until the recipient gets the model? Is the recipient a secret until they receive the model? If we finish the model before the shipping date, can we send it earlier?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:25 am

We posted WIP shots last time round - that was one of the cool bits. I think it stayed a secret who was getting it until it arrived on your doorstep.

Very Happy Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:44 am

Narcissus wrote:
Should we post WiP shots or is it all a secret until the recipient gets the model?
Part of the fun is sharing the creative process. You could (but you don't have to) create a Prisoner Log and share WiP (Work in Progress) pictures. Participants in the past never revealed the final model, allowing the new owner to share his Prisoner with pride. Think of it this way... how cool would be to follow the creation of this model, only to receive it few weeks later? Create excitement around YOUR Prisoner!

Narcissus wrote:
Is the recipient a secret until they receive the model?
The destination of your Prisoner (and thus, the Recipient) will be revealed privately to each participant via PM after the sign-up period is over. Although not mandatory, you should NOT reveal who you will send the model to, as to keep the surprise. If you get in trouble (forced to delay shipping), then it would be nice if you communicate to the Recipient what is going on. You could do that on your WiP Log, on the open forum, via PM, or with the assistance of anyone in the Staff (we will pass your message)... just make sure someone in the Staff knows what is going on.

Narcissus wrote:
If we finish the model before the shipping date, can we send it earlier?
The objective of a specific shipping date is that everyone should receive their Prisoner around the same time. If your Recipient lives far away from you (and thus shipping time may be longer than usual), by all means do what you think. What we don't want is any Recipient receiving a Prisoner before the Shipping Date, as it is not fair to the other Participants. Use your best judgement!

I will add this to the FAQ! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:59 am

You could just put a "do not open until "XX.XX.XXXX" on it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:10 am

Komfritten wrote:
You could just put a "do not open until "XX.XX.XXXX" on it Twisted Evil

Yes, becouse we are all adults that will respect that Rolling Eyes

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 8:25 am

skavenslayer wrote:
YES! I'm am an adults that plays with toy soldiers... that just got a package with the coolest, personalized, amazing toy I could play with... made just for me. Of course I will wait. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:17 am

Mordheimer wrote:
skavenslayer wrote:
YES! I'm am an adults that plays with toy soldiers... that just got a package with the coolest, personalized, amazing toy I could play with... made just for me. Of course I will wait. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

There is also the little factor that we're doing W.I.P threads with photos that show exactly what we're making...SO it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out what's in the package. Suspect

Last edited by DeafNala on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skeller

Skeller

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:52 am

So... should I be waiting to see who I get and what they request or should I just build what I want, right now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.goblinminimart.com
Lazi

Lazi

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Skeller wrote:
So... should I be waiting to see who I get and what they request or should I just build what I want, right now?

I guess there are few way: You can wait and see (if you have the will to, because I had not Wink ). You can also check the sign-up and find something that is more or less mainstream and start working on it now. Or you can start on several pieces (as I did) and decide which one to send later, when you know the recipient. But I think everyone here is open for anything, so no big worries about it Wink .
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Lazi is right, Skeller. You do NOT have to wait, if you don't want to. The Recipients will be determined in February 20th... so if you are impatient, inspired or slow (like me!), then you can start. Wink
Back to top Go down
Skeller

Skeller

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:22 pm

February 20th is a long time away...
Back to top Go down
http://www.goblinminimart.com
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:26 am

We have people (ARACHAS!!!) undecided... shrug. You can start is you want... or wait. Up to you! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ   Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prisoner Exchange Event 2012: FAQ
Page 1 of 1