Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kainthedragoonx

kainthedragoonx

Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log Empty
PostSubject: Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log   Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Commissar Johan Vilt slammed a fresh mag into his bolt pistol. In the two decades he'd worked as an Ordos sanctioned Commissar attached to the Curra XIII Legion, more commonly known as the "Onyx Dragoons" had seen him ran ragged across the galaxy, hunting witches, heretics, and whatever else Emperor-knows-what that crawled out of the shadows of the warp. Originally trained as an Interrogator under Inquisitor Huchan Lexx, Vilt's inability to command the warp with his mind quickly led him down a much more interesting path. Being a Commissar joined to Ordo Malleus Regiment was quite demanding, even in the best of times, but he'd seen the Emperor's light touch the darkest corners of the universe, and keeping the regiment pure of taint and despair was his role, one he would not falter in. A not so distant "tump tump tump" of a heavy bolter quickly focused his attention back to the now.

Looking around, Johan slowly registered the mental exhaustion beating down on him. His familiarity with Warp Energy the Psykers and the vast array of heretics employed warned him before it was too late. He smashed himself into the dirt and grime, barely dogging the wave of warp corruption given form. The wave passed, and Johan pushed himself up. In the closing distance of the fog and ashen air, the form of the heretic priestess could be made out. He rapidly fired a couple bolt rounds at her. She waved her hand, warding herself, brushing the rounds as a child bats at insects.

"Commissar Vilt, I've finally found you" she hissed, her form coming into full view. She was magnificent. The taint of Chaos had chosen to gift her with unnatural beauty. Vilt hesitated for a moment, but his iron will, along with the relics from the Inquisition, helped him break her hold on him. "Heretic Witch, You will burn for your traitorous crimes against humanity and against the God Emperor!" He spat.

"Come child, I will show you the true master of Mankind. The great marshals of the warp call to you; I will show you the way!" She sang; drawing a rune carved knife from her belt. Vilt pulled back his Red coat and drew his Chainsword, flipping its igniter rune.

"FOR THE EMPEROR!" Vilt roared, charging head-long into the Priestess.

Sorry for the fluff bit, but everything is 100% more awesome when fluff is involved. So the plan I am working on is a final confrontation scene between a Commissar and a Rogue Psyker. I figured both are equally awesome, and the Commissar could be used for "loyal" squads, while the Rogue Psyker could be used for whatever. Plenty of options and plenty of awesome.

Right now this is mostly a place holder. I've ordered the pieces I need for this task, but I have a pretty serious Warhammer Fantasy event I'm running the first weekend of March. Obviously that is eating up most of my time.

So hopefully pics will be up soon. At least the "beginnings" of the models. Yay conversions!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : couple spelling issues!)
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log   Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:35 pm

This is awesome! I did something similiar for the PE 2010 event.

Can't wait to read or see more!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log   Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Sorry for the fluff bit? U crazy?!?!? It is SUPER!!!

I could really picture the titanic battle between the Commissar and Tzeentch's Witch! The only thing I wish is that I could see it... OHHHH, WAIT! My wish WILL come true! YES!!! cheers

Nothing like a GREAT story to inspire ALL of us to follow (and pressure) you! I can't wait to see some WiP and follow the genius of the diorama. And yes, you are right... without the fluff this could be a meh thing... but now, I feel the conflict... I want to see it!!!! Great job!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
kainthedragoonx

kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log   Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Alright, Looks like I've been a total failure at actually updating my stuff on here.

So first up, Commissar Johan Vilt.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kainthedragoonx/6896848428/
Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log 6896848428_c915b15b83_b

and

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kainthedragoonx/6896847442/
Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log 6896847442_fcdc196a29_b

Just the basics on this pic. I really wanted to use the old metal inquisitor lord with the kick ass book, but he just didn't work for what I was trying. So after wasting a bunch of hours, I had to replace him with the standard issue Fine Cast Commissar. The idea is to have magnets in the arms and hands, which you can see from the image. I will be sending a bolt pistol, chainsword, and power weapon with him. I'm a total noob to Death Squads, so I'm not sure what the best equipment set up is, so I figured whatever a Commissar starts with, plus the power sword (I mean come on power sword! BAD ASS!) should get Vilt into the action with the quickness.

Since I am a fantasy player, I've been able to avoid a lot of the Fine Cast stuff. Man, working with it for the first time was a pain. If you look at the images, you see both hands sorta just melted when I tried to drill for the magnets. the pistol hand doesn't look terrible...but the power sword is fail. Hopefully there will be time for me to correct that issue, but for some reason work has not been seeing eye-to-eye with my hobby time.

Alright, more updates as time allows. I'd like to finish up Vilt 100% before I start working on the rogue evil chick.

How many days do I have left? Stick of Doom
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log   Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:52 pm

Great pic and whoever gets that will love it. Prisoners shipping date: MONDAY, APRIL 30th, 2012!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log   Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:54 am

Nice model! This is what the Prisoner Exchange is all about, kainthedragoonx... experimenting and pushing yourself! Brave of you to work with Finecast (Failcast?)... not had the 'pleasure' yet.

The idea of magnetizing the hands is VERY cool. What you need to do to complete the task is to cover the sides of the magnet with a little greenstuff. That way, when the two pieces come together, the magnets don't show. Wink

As DaBank said, you got until MONDAY, APRIL 30th, 2012!!! You got plenty of time... I think!

EDIT: I added the pics to your post. We are lazy here... clicking to see a pic is too much. HA!
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx

kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log   Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks for actually adding the images directly. I was having troubles doing that with flickr. Do I just use the img tags instead of the url link?

Green stuffing the wrists is a fantastic idea. That'll be tonight's task...then priming. I traditionally do not take pictures of the model with green stuff on it (ruins the point of green stuff-ing) so everyone is going to have to wait until painting starts.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log   Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:01 am

kainthedragoonx wrote:
Thanks for actually adding the images directly. I was having troubles doing that with flickr. Do I just use the img tags instead of the url link?
No problem. I clicked on the 'larger' picture on flickr and then dragged the image to a new tab... then I just captured (copied) the URL of the picture. I put that on the IMG tags. Sneaky! Ninja

kainthedragoonx wrote:
Green stuffing the wrists is a fantastic idea. That'll be tonight's task...then priming. I traditionally do not take pictures of the model with green stuff on it (ruins the point of green stuff-ing) so everyone is going to have to wait until painting starts.
Glad to help! Go ahead and take pics of the GS... it allows us to see the work in progress, as well as give us ideas and inspiration! Then when we see the model finished, we can go back and forth and wonder how you did such a great job! HA! Seriously... because the great pics people like Laney, Narcissus, dr!zzt, Kiwi, Komfritten, etc, etc, etc... (list is LONG!) have posted pics of their WiP is that I have learned few tricks. I have covered magnets with sleeves... and I REGRET never taking pictures of the models before painting. If I had, I would had posted some (at least so you could get a vague idea while laughing at my former pathetic attempts to use GS!)

Anyhow... we are grateful for ANY pics!
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx

kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log   Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Want to talk about the wire. Thanks to a 18 month old and a job that doesn't understand hobby time, I've struggled to get my complete project done.

Vilt himself is 100% complete, and the Rogue Psyker is primed and ready to get painted...the damn display I wanted to do is fail. Stupid.

Anyway, Vilt was the main goal of my project, the rest were "nice to haves" anyway. You know, a challenge. Like I said above, the arms/hands are magnetized, ready for whatever awesome bad ass heretic killing equipment you want to give Mr. Vilt.

Alright, less talk, more images:

Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log 7125651055_92712a333d_b

Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log 6979559724_c9694a60ba_b

Not sure...do we reveal who's getting these dudes? I struggle with the whole reading thing.

Anyway, I will be sending these models tomorrow as required. The Psyker is not done, so the wench doesn't get pictures. The dude getting Mr. Vilt will still get the model.

Now it's time to start writing some real fluff, not that crap to start this thread!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log   Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kainthedragoonx's Prisoner Exchange Log
Page 1 of 1